Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cookshop cooker earlier with Healthy Eating Brodel.

He touches on the lack of oil and stuff you need to cook stuff, and how healthy it can be. He must be diabetic, as he said he cant use sugar in what he eats, so he makes banana cake for himself.

He said he was going to cut up his pork, Shona stepped in and said ooh he means cutting up the joint of meat, wonder what Shona was thinking.

Couldn't watch all the show last night, too skin crawling:sick:
Just noticing tonight's efforts, MM has a watch up his sleeve again, wonder what it is:unsure: More off topic discussions:ROFLMAO:

I just watched part of the show tonight, as cheeky chappie says, sometimes it just gets too much listening to the endless nonsense they spout, sometimes it's funny watching them making fools of themselves, but we've had a week none stop over the top, exaggerated nonsense. It gets boring listening to the same lies night after night.

What really does it for me is the likes of a Swiss Eagle, RRP of £1350 and you don't even get told what movement is in it, oh and he did name drop Omega, Rolex and Tag when describing this watch, of course, if they did it would give the game away, tell you one thing, won't be an ETA, Sellita or STP movements in them.

Quality movements again on a "Swiss" watch. MM has just reset the chrono second hand and if finished 2 seconds off the "12":rolleyes:

I did see a Swiss Eagle Chrono, black dial with blue hands and indices, that was two seconds out. Although fiddly, easy to fix.
As for a Swiss brand, yeah will have a Ronda movement in it, but like the Swiss Legend watches, it will be Ronda movements from it's Hong Kong Factory. And the watches themselves are made by Solartime ltd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Apart from using Swiss in their name, there is nothing Swiss about Swiss Eagle. ;):ROFLMAO:

I only caught an extract from the latest watch show, but didn't the 'expert' say he owned two of the watches then, in the very next sentence say he owned one?

I only caught an extract from the latest watch show, but didn't the 'expert' say he owned two of the watches then, in the very next sentence say he owned one?

Not sure only saw a small part of it, which included the te Swiss Eagle Tactical field Chrono that didn't reset properly, he said he actually "owns that one as well", by saying as well, i'm assuming he must have more than one. But giving most of the crap hes saying I wouldn't believe a word he's saying. He's probably the one that sets up the deals for IW with the suppliers/watch companies, so he'll know exactly where these Swiss Eagle watches originate.

Mike Mason has just said on Furniture Collection they are only allowed to give exact information on numbers they have left. By law.

but they often tell viewers it’s gonna sell out before next show

Dennice often mentions, that she can only tell the truth on screen, as they are governed by Law & the ASA, and that IW have three compliance officers making sure they only tell the facts/truth.
All I can say is, either the compliance officers don't exist or are rubbish at their job, because they continually give out false and misleading information on their shows, and that's a FACT/TRUTH.;):)

Dennice often mentions, that she can only tell the truth on screen, as they are governed by Law & the ASA, and that IW have three compliance officers making sure they only tell the facts/truth.
All I can say is, either the compliance officers don't exist or are rubbish at their job, because they continually give out false and misleading information on their shows, and that's a FACT/TRUTH.;):)

I wonder if they get around it by following a process similar to this:

Let's say they start with 500 of whatever item 'in stock.'
They've sold 480 so they advise viewers they only have 20 left 'in stock.'
This is factually correct.
However what they're not telling viewers is they have some sort of 'just in time re-stock' agreement with the supplier, so when they're down to the last 50 units (for example) another 500 are scheduled to be brought into stock within the next x days ... ready for the next round of shows.

Tbh I don't know so I'm winging it with my answer, however I suspect as with many things in life, there are ways to 'comply' with legislation in a very bendy, flexible, sailing close to the wind manner.

Not sure only saw a small part of it, which included the te Swiss Eagle Tactical field Chrono that didn't reset properly, he said he actually "owns that one as well", by saying as well, i'm assuming he must have more than one. But giving most of the crap hes saying I wouldn't believe a word he's saying. He's probably the one that sets up the deals for IW with the suppliers/watch companies, so he'll know exactly where these Swiss Eagle watches originate.
Okay, thanks. It was the Tactical watch which had the 'special ops' look about it (not my words)

Well Mike Mason's much sought after Almaz is back again, it's on tonight's show, surely he must get it this time at the 40th attempt.:ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed for Mike. I really hope he manages to get hold of one.

It pains me to say that I think he might be disappointed once more!

Mike, if you're reading this, get a family member to call on your behalf at the top of the show. Remind them to 'check out their basket' immediately and you should be okay.

Good luck!

Fingers crossed for Mike. I really hope he manages to get hold of one.

It pains me to say that I think he might be disappointed once more!

Mike, if you're reading this, get a family member to call on your behalf at the top of the show. Remind them to 'check out their basket' immediately and you should be okay.

Good luck!

He was annoying me the other night with his 'I'm not saying this to pressure you into buying (putting hands up at same time) you're the govna, you're in control, however if you want one of these all I'm saying is it might be an idea to check out ya basket naaaa!!'

So, in other words, what you ARE doing is using a not so subtle sales technique to apply pressure on the viewer to order quickly, wrapped up with nice words saying that's NOT what you're doing.

Very interesting article about watches and being 'Swiss Made.' Grab a cuppa, it's a long one!

a cuppa, more like a 6 cup tea pot to keep you going. :ROFLMAO:

I've read that before, a bit long, could have made it a lot smaller, but it is an interesting read.

Being "Swiss Made" doesn't for me personally, mean it has to be 100% Swiss, in material & labour, few can do that, Rolex is one more familiar brands that does (they make everything themselves, from Cases, to movements), but as long as the movement is made in Switzerland, and the assembly, testing, quality control etc is done in Switzerland by reputable watchmakers/technicians then I'm happy with it being labelled "Swiss Made". Although most of the High Street affordable Swiss brands that we know (Certina, Hamilton, Tissot, Alpina, Victorinox, Roamer etc and even IW's Mathey-Tissot, Swiss Military) will obviously have acquired some material or parts outwith Switzerland, they do at least use genuine Swiss movements and all of them have their own facilities in Switzerland for assembly, testing quality control etc.
I think the problem lies with some of the Fashion Brands, micro brands and these newer brands claiming all kinds of heritage and history or some strange link to Switzerland, like say Swiss Eagle. Although some are fine and keep to the rules, some use tactics (definitely outside the spirit of the rules) to get round the "Swiss Made" rules and some especially with the help of the Chinese just blatantly flout the rules.
When buying a watch, and this is something that watch community will often advise folks when buying off ebay or online, buy the seller not the watch, you don't just look at the description or aesthetics of the watch in deciding whether to buy, it's equally (maybe more so) important to investigate the brand/seller of the watch, to make sure you are dealing with a reputable brand/seller, so that you can be confident, that the product will do/and is, what it says on the tin.
When you look into a brand, go to their web site and straight off have trouble finding who they are, who is behind them, where they are located etc, then you should be very wary of buying without further investigation. That's one of the joys of watch collecting, the hunt.:)

MM must cringe every time he sees it's on oh what can i say tonight will have to think up another story:eek:

He doesn't have to tonight It's Peter Simon that's on, so Mike can save his story for the next time it's on a show he's presenting, he'll probably use the excuse he wasn't there and nobody told him it was back in stock and Kevin will be all apologetic and then we'll get the hope nobody buys it malarkey.

Latest posts

Back