Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just sick and tired of literally every time I switch to IW they're selling watches, hideous, bulky, overpriced watches for men..I checked out the website just now and they have 546 men's watches and just 68 for women. Yes, ok I get it that all the fashion is female orientated as is the jewellery..but this watch obsession has got stupid now..Think it's high time they started a separate channel to flog their shonky watches, or just changed the name of the channel to Ideal Watches and be done with it.

I don't disagree with you on one level, however (and trust me I'm not defending IW!) it's evidently a case of they've cottoned on to the fact these watches are popular buys with viewers. So in that sense they're doing what almost any retailer would, exploiting it further ... and further ... and further. At some point interest might wane, until it does then I suspect we'll have many more watch shows to come!

I would substitute he for them, I wouldn't believe a word out of any of them on IW.

Hayley, the doesn't take a breath but actually says nothing, Greene is selling garden stuff from Garden Bargains. The compost, she says, you can't buy it anywhere else, we asked the nursery to sell us it, but they said they don't sell compost we're a nursery, but they did and it's special bagged for IW, that's why there is no name on the bag.

Tell you, you can't believe one word out of their mouths, in Hayley's case that would be about 10,000 words, they are all liars.

okay, please allow me to do this just once more ...

warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution ... warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution ...

:)

I don't disagree with you on one level, however (and trust me I'm not defending IW!) it's evidently a case of they've cottoned on to the fact these watches are popular buys with viewers. So in that sense they're doing what almost any retailer would, exploiting it further ... and further ... and further. At some point interest might wane, until it does then I suspect we'll have many more watch shows to come!

Yeah, I guess people must be buying the blinkin' things, never actually thought of that.. Hey whoever's buying these monstrosities...for the love of God "STOP RIGHT NOW"!

Channel hopping, I saw TJC doing its own watch show.

A wristwatch with 'genuine leather strap and real diamond set at the 12 o'clock position'. £20!

For me, I'd find the IW watch shows more bearable if they just came out and sold budget watches. It wouldn't be as funny but at least it would be less offensive to the brain cells. I'm sure there'd still be plenty of scope for Peter to exclaim 'exquisite' and MM to explain how much he wanted to own own but was always being thwarted.

Well it's those skilled craftsmen at Swan & Edgar on now, why do I put myself through it:unsure::confused:
Did notice however, MM has a watch which looks suspiciously like an Omega Seamaster:unsure:

Would have thought he'd be wearing his Almaz, if I'd been waiting 3 years for a watch it would be on my wrist for a while.
Strangely, never seen him wearing watches he claims to have bought.

Strange having a watch with two second hands, the traditional center second hand, and a small seconds dial at 6 o clock. Would look really good if they were in sync, small dial is running two seconds faster than the big second hand. Ah well, that's luxury handmade British designed quality timepieces for you. :eek::ROFLMAO:
Must be the "Tachometer":rolleyes::D

Don't see the point in a Tachymetre bezel that rotates🙄

Especially for IW customers. :ROFLMAO: But seemingly it does have a use, for measuring average speed over longer distances and times, by lining up to the minute hand and then doing some additional maths.
It's seems to me, it's like the bottom pusher on the other watch that is just there for aesthetics, think the same can be said for the Tachymetre bezel on this watch, also with it not being a chrono just makes whole thing too fiddly to be of any genuine use.

I've just had on the repeat showing of Mike Mason doing the TCL phone with free TV. At the beginning he done his usual guff about how much you would pay for each feature. Got it up to £2500 without the free tv. That's not how pricing a product works Mike but never mind. You wouldn't pay that for the top of the range iphone or Samsung.
He kept saying "What we've got is all we've got" in regards to stock. They were "down to double figures" at the start of the show. Constantly throughout the show he's telling us they're selling out fast and won't make it until the end of the show, will have to line up another product up to start a new show.
At the end of the 45 minutes they just sold the last one. But he was still encouraging viewers to keep buying the phone as the show went off the air and they've showed a full 45 minute repeat despite telling us they had sold out. They are not shown as sold out on the website. So, going off this information, and Mike I really hope you are reading this, it shows that Mike Mason is a fucking liar. I know we like to compare him to a barrow boy on here but I think he is more like a double glazing salesman preying on the vulnerable. This type of selling, and it's not just him on Ideal World who uses these tactics, are despicable and should be outlawed.
You may say "Well you can always turn over" but when these presenters are giving us the hard sell its like telling someone "Well you could have always asked him to leave" about a pushy salesman in your house.

Latest posts

Back