Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw a smidgeon of the phone show last night. Peter was grinding his way through another 'comedy' routine, this time on the old telephone pretending to talk to someone. He was barely able to contain his laughter at his own 'jokes'.

I didn't hear the punchline - if there was one - but turned over as I was embarrassed for him.

Wonder how IW and C&C would have managed if Presenters and Guests, hadnt been up for living in Portakbin City.

Sally lives like 4 hours from the studio, guess on her normal rota she’d be staying at a hotel

Personally I wouldn't want a phone that can't access Google services. I appreciate it's a subjective thing, however for me it's quite an important feature. At least they mentioned it this time, albeit quite briefly and I agree Grant sort of glossed over it but then again, he'll do as he's told about stuff like that, after all they're paying him! And whilst the £99.99 price is good, no denying that, there 'are' sellers doing it for not much more, so hardly a truly amazing bargain.

And why no flexi's? I'm not buying the guff about wanting to open the deal up to everyone or whatever it was they said. There's more to that decision. Could easily have done it on 2 flexis of £50. Maybe this is something they're going to start doing with some products as another subliminal sales technique 'the price is SO good we can't even offer you flexi on it' no but you can offer the Klarna payment option? (or whatever it's called.)

I also agree, with an increasing amount of shows, the IW presenter often adds little or nothing to the presentation. e.g. Peter last night with the 'Hiya-way-undai-aye' phone or however the heck he pronounces it! It would be funny if not so annoying to witness. It's hardly difficult to say and definitely shouldn't be for a 'professional' presenter ;) Completely excess to requirements. And although I appreciate he's older and tech isn't his thing, the way he giggles and guffaws when basic things like decent battery life are being mentioned 'ain't it just AMAZING!?!' is annoying to say the least. You'd think the products were literally ground-breaking the way he reacts. Yeah yeah I get it's his job etc, however there's a way to do it and that ain't it!

It's the same with some of the keep fit shows. Due to covid or whatever I think some have featured the keep fit expert and a random other to demo the kit. Worked perfectly fine as many of the product experts are pretty good (better?) at presenting in their own right. Requirement for the main IW presenter in those cases? I'd argue almost nil.

I think there are plenty of their 'experts' who could do a far superior job than a number of the regular presenters. Grant, the tech guy, the guy who demos the cleaning stuff (Simon, is it?), the fitness geezer, and the Irish bloke who does lawn mowers and car buffing. They all to me are more personable and accurate than the usual suspects we have to endure alongside them.

Have to say I have always liked Shaun Ryan. You don't last 20 years in that transient world without good qualities. He stands out above the rest for me. On the other hand, I only have to see (let alone hear) that science fiction film character looking guy who does the mattresses and I need to immediately go outside and do something more interesting - like stare down the the nearest gutter point and wonder how deep it is.

What is that Rob Locke (with an e😂)waffling on about??He's thinking of getting this(HUAWEI Y6) after his wiley fox(phone of the future a few weeks ago) went tits up.

Not heard anything about lack of Google on this session so far. Maybe I missed it? Not seen this guy presenting today before. Is he like one of those emergency stand-in BBC newsreaders used when the regular one has a late attack of copious diarr..diarrh...the runs?

My favourite hour and a half's telly on a Saturday night, armed with a crisp white(y)
At last, a presenter who doesn't want to be centre of attention;)

With at least some of the Huawei phones it may be possible to get the Google Play Store/services working (details can be found elsewhere online) with a bit of fiddling but of course that requires some tech savviness which many Ideal World viewers may not possess, though some users may actually be happy with what's available as standard but you really need to know what you're letting yourself in for. Which of course requires honest advice and comprehensive product descriptions...can we trust Ideal World salespeople to do this truthfully?

With at least some of the Huawei phones it may be possible to get the Google Play Store/services working (details can be found elsewhere online) with a bit of fiddling but of course that requires some tech savviness which many Ideal World viewers may not possess, though some users may actually be happy with what's available as standard but you really need to know what you're letting yourself in for. Which of course requires honest advice and comprehensive product descriptions...can we trust Ideal World salespeople to do this truthfully?

NO

I saw a pre-Lockdown clip on there a day or two ago showing that guy Howard. It made me realise I hadn't seen him in ages on IW until then, and wonder if either he has left, or is in some kind of Shielding scenario like the Irish fellow off QVC had been. Anyway, the main fascination in watching him was doing a count up of how many seaside postcard double meanings he could shoot off in one show. Perhaps he was just pleasuring himself and the crew with them, thinking we were too daft to notice? Or maybe he was trying to amuse the viewers also?

Latest posts

Back