Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Percentages...

What good are percentages if they cannot be equated to actual stock levels? What, exactly, is 60% of the stock if 60% of the stock hasn't got an actual number?

60% of what? 5? 10? 100? 1000?

At least with Bid we knew (on screen) how many items were available at any one time.

Out of interest, does anyone know if the Ideal World website state stock levels as a number?

I am fairly sure that ideal world is operating like bid in terms of 30% of the stock has gone (said during every hour), only for the item to pop up again with a supposed full stock amount a few days later.

Also cheesecake's post on the previous page was rather astute and pretty much on the money.

We don't need to know how long you have worked for ideal world in EVERY show. It's an interesting statistic to be brought up on occasion and certainly near the milestone... but I can safely say (for example) that every time I happen to have it on a ideal world show staring Shaun Ryan, he will bring it up. However I personally have nothing against Shaun, he seems more than competent and a nice fella. (I'd have a bit of an ego if I managed to maintain employment in a cut throat industry for 14 years at one company)

Here is something else that gets on my thrupenny bits. When there is a bag sale for example, when the old bag showing the on sale bag opens a zip pocket or compartment, why oh why do they have to list all the junk you can put in there??? I suspect people buying the said item do so for a reason, and don't really need to know 1, - what to put in the bag or pocket or 2, the stuff going in there will be at the discretion of the owner, without the need to be prompted by IW. I know you Ladies can't resist bags, I get that, but do you really have to be told what is good for you to put in there? It's basic rudeness not to expect you know what's best for yourselves? :headbang: It's time for my bedtime, Nursey is here with my tablets to calm me down. Night Night all.:mysmilie_59:

Why does Howard keep telling us that he's a 'very honest person', sounds like "It wasn't me it was the dog" excuse :mysmilie_13:

Hmmmmm, "For spooky good prices, don't miss Monster Deals".....

Actual: same products as always, same prices as always, just a couple of toy ghosts on set, maybe bats, and we'll believe the customers are so thick and naive that they will see this as a 'special deal'.

Maybe twat Richard will be on this 'spooky weekend' to showcase (shout) 2014's best toys bundle, (please ignore the fact that 90% of these toys were in the last 8 years' 'toys of the year' bundle) but hey, customers have brains full of mashed potato, they'll never know.

:(

Since Bid's gone, I don't watch a lot of tv shopping any more as I'm on Virgin Tivo and freeview so the choice is really limited, but it's usually Ideal world when I do. One would have thought that seeing some old faces from Bid would cheer me up a bit....BUT they would have had to employ my two least favourite presenters. Yesterday I tuned in to a cookery demo and whilst Joe was trying to demo some pans, Peter Simon was "clowning around" like an idiot! It would have been bad enough if he was just goofing around in the background, but NO! He was centre stage completely detracting from the demo, talking, well bellowing on the top of his voice, making asinine and irrelevant comments and generally throwing himself around the studio - WHY?
WHY is this idiot being paid to do this? In this example I don't think I saw him even "try" to present the product - Just make stupid comments and get under Joe's feet. Joe was laughing but you could kinda tell that inside he was thinking FFS get this idiot out of my face!!!!

Peter Simon was cringe worthy in another show yesterday selling a hairbrush. He was all over the model and her body language said it all. Oh my God it was excruciating to watch. The model was laughing but it was a GET ME OUT OF HERE. sort of laugh.

Surely they are going to have to do something to calm him down.

I know this behaviour is nothing unusual to others who know him from bid,but it's new to me....

I just dunno why they felt the need to give him a job, what was it that made them think WOW! now Bid's gone Peter Simon's up for grabs, let's snap him up quick! I'm truly baffled. I've always considered IW to be a fairly "professional" outfit, but if they continue to employ presenters who drag the channel down ie idiotic clowns and Barra-boys who knows where they'll end up. Pity they didn't invest their money in procuring a wider range of stock instead of throwing it away on unecessary extra presnters that add nothing of any value to our viewing experience - in fact I'd imagine many will automatically reach for the "off switch!"

But where can I buy some fake teeth that flash....Woah that would be a killer gift for someone, and a Heli, or a toy that you that allows you to hit it, knock it, bash it, upstairs, downstairs, and it still comes back for more ?

I wouldn't be surprised if soon they did a 'warehouse clearance' and had mason on there in his lumberjack gear.

I'm also convinced that Peter Simon lives in some kind of bubble where the watershed does not exist. I'm far from a prude but if Peter Simon can get away with making blowjob jokes non stop at 2pm then why doesn't everyone just do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if soon they did a 'warehouse clearance' and had mason on there in his lumberjack gear.

I'm also convinced that Peter Simon lives in some kind of bubble where the watershed does not exist. I'm far from a prude but if Peter Simon can get away with making blowjob jokes non stop at 2pm then why doesn't everyone just do it.

Would that be a snot bubble?!

Peter has been on for 4 mins...........yes 4 mins and he has already said "Rigid strong" "I like a sticky bum" "Eurovision" "like our house full of strangers and dirty" "I have arthritis in the left hand but that hasn't stopped me" "Boys!!!!!!!!!! Pauls in the house!!!!!!!".......................Guess what he is (supposed to be) selling?......... Tower cooking Pans :confused:

Peter has been on for 4 mins...........yes 4 mins and he has already said "Rigid strong" "I like a sticky bum" "Eurovision" "like our house full of strangers and dirty" "I have arthritis in the left hand but that hasn't stopped me" "Boys!!!!!!!!!! Pauls in the house!!!!!!!".......................Guess what he is (supposed to be) selling?......... Tower cooking Pans :confused:

I really don't know how he gets away with it, I have just been watching him and apart from anything else it's cringeworthy

He was selling the mattress topper at midday. There was emphasis on the three inch depth of it, he got down on his knees and buried his face in it moaning. I took my eye off the tv and in that time something happened to make them all laugh and he said something about pebbledashing the walls from his backside because of the fright.

There was also a duvet in the hour and he made reference to a female, who's orders he had to take, that they only had one duvet a year. Seems he only lives on his own when it suits the product he's selling. But then, I think he mentioned he had two singles. I dunno, he's the master of confustion.

Pillows were on the show too and he rubbed his face in that and left all make up over it. I had to turn over, he makes me feel :puke:

There was much more, one thing was, he sleeps with his mouth and window open in case he got lucky.........

personally i am amazed he is allowed to get away with what he is saying and i ain't no prude

It seems Superstar Peter had overtaken the channel - all of the regulars seem to have been replaced with him. He's on all the time!

The metamorphosis is nearly complete from Ideal world to bid.tv Mk 2, the return of the cheap cr_p :mysmilie_59:

The metamorphosis is nearly complete from Ideal world to bid.tv Mk 2, the return of the cheap cr_p :mysmilie_59:

I suppose like most horror stories it must have a sequel ��

I saw a couple of seconds last night, Dirty Pete was in a boiler suit and telling the person with him something like "I saw 3 women broken down on the road and I thought, I'm in there". I turned over immediately. Why 3 women would be turned on by a pathetic openly gay weirdo I don't know. I have gay friends but they don't act like 1970s comics.

Latest posts

Back