Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So are these watches, the type ud get at a Market Stall

No not at a market stall, there's nothing wrong with the watches, same quality as a lot of affordable fashion watches, you find in Department stores etc. Nothing special about them, problem is they are nothing like the quality that these two are trying to convey, and despite their claims none of the watches have top grade movements in them, even the Sellita that is in teh Meteorite watch won't be a top grade one more likely Standard or Elebore grade, they are not watches you'd insure etc.

I suppose the highest quality watch in the show would be the Ballast meteorite watch, because it's got the Sellita SW200 movement, but in reality although they mentioned Rolex and Omega while showing it, it has more in common quality wise with Zelos meteorite watches than the two Swiss brands mentioned, looks like they're just copying Zelos, although Zelos don't use the Canteen crown that Ballast like to use.

Simon fell silent for what seemed like ten minutes on the Huawei final reprise of the last final reprise show tonight. Unfortunately it was only a minute or so. The flexible pay plan clearly floored him and he just froze. In the end it became embarrassing. But I suppose you get used to that watching him.

The lack of Google issue was mentioned again but it really is being glossed over as a minor inconvenience, when believe me, it isn't. I wanted to dictate a long work-related text reply on an existing conversation on my Huawei P40 Pro in my car today - no way of doing it. So I had waste time typing the damn thing. That's just one of the many frustrations hampering what is an absolutely brilliant camera phone from being an absolutely brilliant one all round.

The lack of Google issue was mentioned again but it really is being glossed over as a minor inconvenience, when believe me, it isn't. I wanted to dictate a long work-related text reply on an existing conversation on my Huawei P40 Pro in my car today - no way of doing it. So I had waste time typing the damn thing. That's just one of the many frustrations hampering what is an absolutely brilliant camera phone from being an absolutely brilliant one all round.

Ahem...

Re: the last. Have had a look down the first fifty or so user comments on the video. Quite a few people report it works fine. Others report various issues from trying it. Enough in number to think very carefully about trying that fix. Still, there is always Celia, the 'Cockney' Huawei helper to use to dictate a brand new text if you can stand to hear her voice for more than three seconds.

Peter S was saying the other night he bumped into a 'big name' in Greece, couldn't say who for obvious reasons (maybe because it's not entirely true?) but this was someone we'd definitely know and who could afford to buy whatever they wanted. Intimating the person is a millionaire, possibly a multi-millionaire.

The big name was wearing a Vostok watch. Peter enquired why, when you can buy any watch you desire, did you opt for a Vostok. The big name apparently replied it was due to the exclusivity of the watches. 'They do limited runs so you know you're wearing something unique and of the highest quality.'

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting all millionaires automatically buy very expensive watches. We used to have a scrap merchant in the town I grew up in. Was a millionaire. You'd never have known because he drove around in an old truck wearing an even older cap! Many monied people don't flash their wealth, I get all that.

However that's not the picture Peter S was setting. In his scenario, I have my doubts that sort of millionaire would opt for a Vostok watch.

Looks like they've taken every watch review off their website, I can't find any. There's some stars attached to some of the watches but no actual, written, review.

DL's out of a job.

Reviews are still there, what i've norticed in the past is they don't always show up when you first go to a page, sometime you have to refresh the page and then they appear.

Peter S was saying the other night he bumped into a 'big name' in Greece, couldn't say who for obvious reasons (maybe because it's not entirely true?) but this was someone we'd definitely know and who could afford to buy whatever they wanted. Intimating the person is a millionaire, possibly a multi-millionaire.

The big name was wearing a Vostok watch. Peter enquired why, when you can buy any watch you desire, did you opt for a Vostok. The big name apparently replied it was due to the exclusivity of the watches. 'They do limited runs so you know you're wearing something unique and of the highest quality.'

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting all millionaires automatically buy very expensive watches. We used to have a scrap merchant in the town I grew up in. Was a millionaire. You'd never have known because he drove around in an old truck wearing an even older cap! Many monied people don't flash their wealth, I get all that.

However that's not the picture Peter S was setting. In his scenario, I have my doubts that sort of millionaire would opt for a Vostok watch.

But a 'big name' for Peter Simon and a 'big name' for us are two different things, remember the watch guests they have, he always hails them as "big names" in the horology world, in reality away from Ideal World it's, who? never heard of them. :LOL:

I wish they would stop saying highest quality, while the Vostok Europe watches are well made, the cases are good and well engineered, although far too big be a lot better if they were 43mm max, none of the movements in them would be regarded as of the highest quality, mostly Seiko or Citizen standard movements, good reliable movements but no where near highest quality.

Reviews are still there, what i've norticed in the past is they don't always show up when you first go to a page, sometime you have to refresh the page and then they appear.
There are quite a few candid reviews there too- Swan and Edgar get a right roasting !!!!!!

There are quite a few candid reviews there too- Swan and Edgar get a right roasting !!!!!!

Even some of the 4-star reviews are less than flattering: "Loses time even throughout the day when worn. Marketing material says comes with gift. This isn't true. Bad result".

And for me the reviews only appear when the page is refreshed, but I'm fairly certain this could be a deliberate tactic, enabling them to hide bad reviews when they show the website on their broadcasts and/or for visitors browsing for the first time, which is a downright devious trick if true.

Working on the PC and had Ideal World on in the background, had to switch channel, Sally jacks voice and some dame selling beauty stuff is just so annoying, getting a ****** headache with the noise, must be the two most irritating and grating voices on IW. And has Ideal world turned into the Sally Jacks World, it's non stop me, me, me, promoting youtube channel, facebook, her family, what she buys etc, who cares, it's a shopping channel not an episode of "This is your Life". And is there a product she hasn't bought from Ideal world?

Ok rant over, back to work. :ROFLMAO:

Working on the PC and had Ideal World on in the background, had to switch channel, Sally jacks voice and some dame selling beauty stuff is just so annoying, getting a ****** headache with the noise, must be the two most irritating and grating voices on IW. And has Ideal world turned into the Sally Jacks World, it's non stop me, me, me, promoting youtube channel, facebook, her family, what she buys etc, who cares, it's a shopping channel not an episode of "This is your Life". And is there a product she hasn't bought from Ideal world?

Ok rant over, back to work. :ROFLMAO:

I sometimes watch Peter S for self inflicted torture and so I can have a rant on here, other than that IW holds no interest for me. Yep Sally's voice grates, Dennniiiiiisssssssseeeeeeeeee has the perma-having-a-moment thing going on which grates for me just as much, Paul B don't even start me, Mike M likewise, the others are vanilla, so yeah I tend not to have IW on much unless it's Peter S ;)

Latest posts

Back