Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That watch Dave Loydon was wearing in the clip looked like it could cut off his circulation it was that tight

With the weight, it needs to be tight to stay in place on the wrist, the weight makes them slip down and doesn't sit right. Of course if you're one of the folks that likes their watches loose then that's not a problem, but if you like your watch to stay in place it needs to be tight. Plus he's wearing the stock strap, so depending on the holes, he may have to make it even tighter than he would really like.

Kev - "It a beautiful size, may look big on your screen but it's a 46mm diam case."

46mm is big Kev, on or off screen. :rolleyes:

And we've had the prices are wrong again. even though the same watch with a leather strap instead of silicone (the straps are approx same price if you were buying replacement) are similar in price elsewhere.

kev keeps speaking about movements as though they are the greatest ever, 6S30, is an ok quartz movement, + or - 20s a month, a bit like the NH35, good workhorse movements, but it's not some great movement, buying in bulk probably only cost VE £20 most likely even less.

And of course Peter says on the Gaz 14 "I'm going to show you one of the best watches I've ever brought to air". How many times has he said that before. :ROFLMAO:

Geesh, it's the Huawei P40, thought it wouldn't last the hour last night and would sell out, or so Honest Mike said. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and I get fed up of how good and long the battery will last, most mobile batteries will last ages if you switch all the functions off and don't use it. What good is having a phone with such high specs with all the functions turned off.

And the screen might have more detail than my TV screen, but the fact it's just 6.4 inches I'll stick with my TV for watching movies thank you.

Last edited:
Geesh, it's the Huawei P40, thought it wouldn't last the hour last night and would sell out, or so Honest Mike said. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and I get fed up of how good and long the battery will last, most mobile batteries will last ages if you switch all the functions off and don't use it. What good is having a phone with such high specs with all the functions turned off.

And the screen might have more detail than my TV screen, but the fact it's just 6.4 inches I'll stick with my TV for watching movies thank you.

All jokes aside, Peter S is actually quite creepy when he does the 'walking right up to camera' thing to tell a story, pulling his stupid gurning faces, licking his lips etc. The fact HE obviously thinks this faux Les Dawson-esque 1970's type routine is funny speaks volumes! Last night he walked up to the camera to tell a story about himself and one of the floor crew playing a game on the phone. As usual, he took himself down a verbal path that he couldn't quite get himself out of, cue the usual ramblings.

But yeah, meant in a serious way, I actually find it all a bit creepy and verging on being a bit disgusting. I genuinely think he must get the sales figures on his shows, otherwise surely management would pull him up for all his goings on? He's even started doing that stupid 'AND NOW, LIIIIIVE FROM LONDON ...' off camera intro, then walking on ... to one person in the crew half heartedly clapping. He did this on Bid and it was cringe even for that channel!!!

I noticed the other day how he entered his shows at Bid TV, as well as half of IW presenters coming from Bid, the Managers arent are they

If they are that maybe explains why this is allowed to go on. None of the other major selly telly channels have presenters that act quite like Pete S. So yes, it's unique you could argue, but surely not in a positive way!

He's even started doing that stupid 'AND NOW, LIIIIIVE FROM LONDON ...' off camera intro, then walking on ... to one person in the crew half heartedly clapping. He did this on Bid and it was cringe even for that channel!!!

I watched the intro and think Peter is deadly serious and actually believes what he's saying. It's not self deprecating 'humour', he does think he's part of some big time comedy duo with Kev and that they rival Morecambe & wise.

I watched the intro and think Peter is deadly serious and actually believes what he's saying. It's not self deprecating 'humour', he does think he's part of some big time comedy duo with Kev and that they rival Morecambe & wise.
It's like he thinks he's on proper telly, doing his own intro's is a bit sad imo:rolleyes: Still, it passes an hour:ROFLMAO:
The "It's hello from me, and it's hello from him" with KR is cringeworthy. Used to like KR as a distributor, but now he's just like the others.

It's like he thinks he's on proper telly, doing his own intro's is a bit sad imo:rolleyes: Still, it passes an hour:ROFLMAO:
The "It's hello from me, and it's hello from him" with KR is cringeworthy. Used to like KR as a distributor, but now he's just like the others.

I was the same, but he seems to have drifted down a path and following a similar script to the other brands, maybe he's seen the rubbish they get away with and thinks, if you can't beat them, join them. The only two things I give him praise for above the rest, is the brands he distribute are actually watchmaking brands and he does give more detailed descriptions of the watches, ie size, movement etc.

I was the same, but he seems to have drifted down a path and following a similar script to the other brands, maybe he's seen the rubbish they get away with and thinks, if you can't beat them, join them. The only two things I give him praise for above the rest, is the brands he distribute are actually watchmaking brands and he does give more detailed descriptions of the watches, ie size, movement etc.
If I were to buy a Vostok Europe or other Russian/German watch, it would be from Peter Maier
Or even better https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Juri-Levenberg?_pgn=2

If I were to buy a Vostok Europe or other Russian/German watch, it would be from Peter Maier
Or even better https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Juri-Levenberg?_pgn=2

Yeah I would agree, used Maier a few times, recently got the Sturmanskie Ocean from them, that IW were selling, but a lot cheaper. I also use Poljot24 (for Poljot & Strella), saw that ebay link recently and thought they may be connected to Poljot24 as they are both in Munich and only a few streets apart, not sure though. Oh and Meranom in Russia, they've a good selection of Vostoks Amphibians & Komanderskies plus straps, and they're an official dealer for Vostok Europe as well.

If you can, watch his stint on Gems.tv, as it was then. It has to be seen to be believed.

Steve Bennett saw sense and showed him the door.

Wish I hadn't looked, but looked at youtube and saw his debut show, he's stupid and creepy looking even then, and he was speaking rubbish talked about learning the Periodic table with some woman (don't know who it is) but anyway he tried to one of his crappy jokes about backgammon but did get a laugh at him saying "but I got H2O". Only in Peter Simon's world of factual correct statements is H2O an Element. :ROFLMAO:

Who’s Marina Berry but on some of the Bid clips she seems to egg him on

I saw her on a Bid show with PS, and she said something a bit inane and was ribbed mercilessly, with the PS banging his head against the wall. Actually, that bit was funny, I just wish he had banged it much harder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back