Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again to all of you.

Let's use the Peter S clip selling the cross as an example. Various sales techniques dialed up to 10 on the selly telly knob. It's the heavy sell.

It could be that product or any other.

If you feel yourself getting drawn in, whether selly telly a shop or whatever, do this:

1. Stop.
2. Count to 10.
3. Don't picture the product the way it's being presented. Picture it sitting, in a non descript warehouse, in a cardboard box, surrounded by dozens, hundreds, thousands of others, all identical.
4. Imagine the product being assembled. If it's jewelry, imagine impoverished young men risking their lives going down mines to mine for the stone.
5. Picture the warehouse again, in a non descript industrial estate.
6. Count to 10 again.
7. Then, if you still have a real desire for the product, by all means buy it.

But don't ever let yourself be taken in by any sales guff, ever, you hear?!? ;)

Kev keeps saying the new Anchar autos are exclusive to us, but it's exactly same watch P. Maier are selling. In fact the pic on the IW is exactly the same pic used as on the P. Maier site, only difference is IW have blanked out the background. and knowing how quick P.Maier deliver it would probably come quicker from them than IW.

IW pic
570239_STANDARD__RED_20200724.jpg

P.Maier pic
anchar-nh35-510a587-red-silicon-strap.jpg

Shaun - "When he does a pick of the day, kev always saves something special for Monday, cause that's when all the regulars are here. i was delighted when Kevin told me, that for your show Shaun, the viewer's show, you got some very, very" <paused here as his brain went blank, just the usual> "well some great gifts, but also the most amazing price on the big Z".

When Shaun speaks, it raises a lot of questions. :ROFLMAO:

Is it only the Monday watch shows that "all the regulars" are able to watch en masse?

Are "all the regulars" not able to watch en masse, the many, many, many IW watch shows on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday?

And if not who the hell is buying all the watches on those days then?

Are "the regulars" different from the "top collectors" cause were told on virtually all non Mondays watch shows that "all the top collectors" are here?

The "viewers show", is that a special show where viewers decide/get a say what on it etc?

I'm a viewer, why wasn't consulted, did i miss the survey, questionnaire or what?

You know I was having a fine day until those Peter Simon videos were posted, but since it's been a whole different story, had flash backs to the 70s and sneaking in to the cinema to see The Exorcist when we were still at school, Simon with that cross just brought back so many scary memories, stuff of nightmares i tell you. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Peter's eulogy moved me to tears.....................

Of laughter.

I can see why you laughed...however this is almost blasphemous. I can see it was from 5 years ago so I sincerely hope that they haven't repeated such a performance since. I actually think it's disgusting to allow a presenter to act like a preacher in order to sell a cheapo bit of worthless plated tat - I don't even think I saw a "worry angel presentation so bad as that" - and that's saying something. The music, the eulogy, the fake tears...and then the bit about easy pay brought it back down to earth with a bang. Funny but really not funny - He is blatantly taking the pi$$ and IW are allowing/encouraging him to do it. I can imagine the green room after this performance...."F***ing hell Pete, you deserve an Oscar for that" and if that doesn't shift a few units then I dunno what will....Omg I was laughing so much I nearly soiled myself mate...now go and have a fag and a gin, you've earned it!"
IW - Joking aside, this is disgraceful!

Hey folks, remember to tune in at 9.45pm, Emma the expert in horology, will brings us watches from Resultco, top quality, top precision, best straps, best bracelets, if it's on a Resultco watch you know it'll be the best, cause Emma says so.
You have to take your hats off to Resultco though, from a small office in Michigan, they are able to produce watches for 17 brands, all of which are equal in quality to your top Swiss brands, and despite the paltry price that IW are charging, in reality to get the true value of their watches either visit their web site or you must add a few 000s to the price.
Oh and Emma will be joined by a giant in the presenting world, the one and only "my name is Shaun BTW", bet he even says that to his mam. :eek::ROFLMAO:

My god, you would think a 200 mtr dive watch was a rare expensive item. Many out there a lot cheaper and better, even Invicta pro diver (which gets a lot of stick) is better than that Shield watches and you can the Invicta cheaper.

Yeah Emma there is set standards for Divers watches, one is having a pre-select device, that first watch doesn't and why has a diver's watch got a compass bezel?:confused:

If you want a good hardy diver's watch, then you could go with Divex.

Shaun's never seen diver's watches at prices like theses. :ROFLMAO:

For a watch collector he must lead an awful sheltered life when it comes to watches, I'm coming to the conclusion his only experience/contact with watches is through Ideal world. There's a whole world of watches out there Shaun.

Have to say this is the worst looking selection of watches yet, look like really cheap tat.

Latest posts

Back