Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mushroom burger? Thank god i'm not a vegetarian.

Shaun, "I promise you, if you watch for the next ten minutes, you'll want this opti-grill, every steak will be perfect without us doing anything".

I like well done, and the opti grill well done steaks is half cooked for my liking, same as the burgers, so nope, don't want.

BTW with covid 19, will the IW staff be eating the food as usual, are all covid 19 safety precautions regarding providing food being met? Doesn't seem to be much care for hygiene going on, we're going from cooked meat to raw meat and vice versa, same utensils etc and all that seems to be done, to hands board, counter top etc, is a quick wipe with the same dirty microfibre cloth or wiping his hands on his apron.
That microfibre cloth is getting well used. :ROFLMAO:

I watched for more than ten minutes and don't want it, I still have my little George Foreman.

Yeah, i watched too and it does nothing for me, i'm not into these kitchen cooking gadgets, just a plain oven, grill and hob guy, don't need a machine to do the cooking for me or tell me when my food is ready, a fork and my eyes do me, also not into measuring out amounts of food when making anything, just handful of this and handful of that, it's great cause nothing is ever the same. :ROFLMAO:

I also watched a bit of the floor cleaner afterwards and he was making guarantees instead of promises.

Shaun - "Don't go anywhere, I guarantee if you've got hard floors, you'll want one of these by the end of the hour."

Nope, I have hard floors (wood & tile), but don't want that floor cleaner either.

Shaun was also so excited cause he was getting one of the Floor Cleaners, it's a strange sight seeing a 50 year old bloke getting so excited over a made in China floor cleaner, was like a wee kid on xmas morning. These Ideal World presenters really are a strange/weird bunch. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of weird/strange folk, they're just showing a VT of a previous show this morning on the floor cleaner show and the irritating idiot Howard is in the VT, wonder where he's been, not that he's missed like, he's another that makes you feel like throwing things at your TV.

Here we go again, Basel world, can't believe our prices, ISO certified:rolleyes: Divers watches with leather straps?????
As you say Hammy, our Emma knows her stuff. More bull sh!t

As a watch expert she's an imposter, she might have qualifications in geology, and did a lot of work with gem stones and jewellery channels/auctioneers etc and came across some antique watches during her jobs, but that doesn't make her an expert in watches. You can tell immediately by the way she talks, that she has a very basic knowledge of watches. The way she continually went on about the ISO standard for diver's watches, and Shield watches were double the minimum standard, and this somehow made these watches extra special was embarrassing. The fact she claims these and other Resultco watches are comparible in quality with top Swiss brands and should have more zeros in their prices, just means that not a word she says can be trusted.

Better off buying a Casio for less than that Shield "Divers". Cheaper, better quality and even better looking. :)

Another quartz movement that doesn't hit the markers, hate that:mad:
Wouldn't wash the dishes wearing one of these never mind dive
I won't lie, I used to think manufacturers did this intentionally (had the second hand land between the second markers) cause most watches I owned or saw did this, granted I've never owned a quality watch.

If it's simply down to poor/lazy manufacturing (e.g. mounting the movement a fraction of a mm one way or other would resolve) then there's no excuse for so called quality brands.

As a watch expert she's an imposter ... The fact she claims these and other Resultco watches are comparible in quality with top Swiss brands and should have more zeros in their prices, just means that not a word she says can be trusted.

Better off buying a Casio for less than that Shield "Divers". Cheaper, better quality and even better looking. :)

If there's one thing that really annoys me with selly telly it's this. Saying products should have more zeros in the price. I know I'm being pedandict, however they almost always mention this in the plural i.e. ZEROS. So this implies at least 2 zeros should be added. So if they're selling a watch for £399.99 they're implying it should be selling for £39,999.00 ... fourty THOUSAND pounds. Really?!?

Idiots.

If there's one thing that really annoys me with selly telly it's this. Saying products should have more zeros in the price. I know I'm being pedandict, however they almost always mention this in the plural i.e. ZEROS. So this implies at least 2 zeros should be added. So if they're selling a watch for £399.99 they're implying it should be selling for £39,999.00 ... fourty THOUSAND pounds. Really?!?

Idiots.

Even just one zero is farcical, that would be near or over a thousand for those watches last night, how she can have the nerve to utter such nonsense is beyond me. And to say they are comparable with top Swiss brands, just no words can described how absurd/outrageous that statement is, if she really think then that she needs locking up in a looney bin.

I won't lie, I used to think manufacturers did this intentionally (had the second hand land between the second markers) cause most watches I owned or saw did this, granted I've never owned a quality watch.

If it's simply down to poor/lazy manufacturing (e.g. mounting the movement a fraction of a mm one way or other would resolve) then there's no excuse for so called quality brands.

Think it's a combination, poor workmanship, lazyness, poor (or total lack of) quality control, lack of pride in your work and a total disregard for your customers.

I got a watch from kickstarter, after a successful campaign (Over 900 sold) and everybody paid their money, there was a real lack of news, delays, then changes to the watches specs, like a different movement, different hands etc, which those running the campaign didn't seem to accept was a big change and a lot of folks wanted their money back, but unfortunately there is little or next to no support for buyers on Kickstarter. But anyway eventually the first watches were being sent out, and immediately folks started complaining the GMT hand was misaligned, the trouble folks had trying to get this sorted was unbelievable and the contempt the brand owner had for everyone who complained was terrible, but worse still was that the misalignment problem kept happening with each new batch that was been sent out. Now obviously after the first batch went you would expect them to check each watch after that to make sure no more misalinements, but despite claims they were improving the quality control, they were still sending out watches with problems. Luckily my watch arrived ok, but I will not buy a watch from that company or kickstarter again.
Mistakes can happen, even for the big luxury brands, but there is no excuse when it continues after it is noticed, then you know you should look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Even just one zero is farcical, that would be near or over a thousand for those watches last night, how she can have the nerve to utter such nonsense is beyond me. And to say they are comparable with top Swiss brands, just no words can described how absurd/outrageous that statement is, if she really think then that she needs locking up in a looney bin.

Think it's a combination, poor workmanship, lazyness, poor (or total lack of) quality control, lack of pride in your work and a total disregard for your customers.

I got a watch from kickstarter, after a successful campaign (Over 900 sold) and everybody paid their money, there was a real lack of news, delays, then changes to the watches specs, like a different movement, different hands etc, which those running the campaign didn't seem to accept was a big change and a lot of folks wanted their money back, but unfortunately there is little or next to no support for buyers on Kickstarter. But anyway eventually the first watches were being sent out, and immediately folks started complaining the GMT hand was misaligned, the trouble folks had trying to get this sorted was unbelievable and the contempt the brand owner had for everyone who complained was terrible, but worse still was that the misalignment problem kept happening with each new batch that was been sent out. Now obviously after the first batch went you would expect them to check each watch after that to make sure no more misalinements, but despite claims they were improving the quality control, they were still sending out watches with problems. Luckily my watch arrived ok, but I will not buy a watch from that company or kickstarter again.
Mistakes can happen, even for the big luxury brands, but there is no excuse when it continues after it is noticed, then you know you should look elsewhere.

I used to work in manufacturing many moons ago, first on the production line and then quality control. Latterly I worked for a company that made (very expensive) mainframe computers for industry. On the inside of the door you had to stick a few labels on. There were slight markers/indents in the metal so you knew where to stick them. They also acted as a useful guide for getting the stickers on straight.

I remember being on shift with this guy (student working there for summer) and practically every sticker he put on was squint. The issue (aesthetics aside) was these needed removed and redone because they wouldn't pass quality, especially if the computers were destined for our tier 1 customers.

I asked him one nightshift 'why don't you just put them on straight? The markers are there as a guide.'

'Who gives a f**k?!?' was the reply.

Like you say, if every part of the chain doesn't want to achieve a good result then ...

I used to work in manufacturing many moons ago, first on the production line and then quality control. Latterly I worked for a company that made (very expensive) mainframe computers for industry. On the inside of the door you had to stick a few labels on. There were slight markers/indents in the metal so you knew where to stick them. They also acted as a useful guide for getting the stickers on straight.

I remember being on shift with this guy (student working there for summer) and practically every sticker he put on was squint. The issue (aesthetics aside) was these needed removed and redone because they wouldn't pass quality, especially if the computers were destined for our tier 1 customers.

I asked him one nightshift 'why don't you just put them on straight? The markers are there as a guide.'

'Who gives a f**k?!?' was the reply.

Like you say, if every part of the chain doesn't want to achieve a good result then ...

Sadly, a very common attitude these days.

And what's worse is that one person is spoiling the work/efforts of those who do give a f**k. :mad:

Regarding the Food IW cook on there kitchen hours, over the years hundreds of pounds of meat and vegetables most have been chucked.

If they show a item being cooked the tray the basket or whatever seems to have to be totally filled up the other day they were cooking burgers but because it cooked 8 they cooked the whole lot

Regarding the Food IW cook on there kitchen hours, over the years hundreds of pounds of meat and vegetables most have been chucked.

If they show a item being cooked the tray the basket or whatever seems to have to be totally filled up the other day they were cooking burgers but because it cooked 8 they cooked the whole lot

Before covid, the crew and presenters etc, used to eat a lot of the food, or so they kept telling us, but not sure if allowed to at the moment for health reasons.

Paul Becque flogging wills now.

Can’t wait for the siren noise as he nears the end of the show.

Check out your baskets NOW before it’s too late! 😉

Latest posts

Back