Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know why Simon Iles spent a few grand on that Omega on his wrists, could have saved himself a small fortune and got one of those Shield divers that Emma (the Horology expert) claims is comparable in quality with, top Swiss brands, ie Omega.;)

I see we are all in need of an Air Conditioner with the heat, seemingly everyone is struggling today. I know how they feel, i'm melting here, been a sweltering 13 c all day here. :rolleyes:

The first part was with Jim & MM, they both work off each other with off topic chit chat and jokes, music etc, I suppose they're about the same age group. PS on the other hand, has no rapport with Jim whatsoever, doesn't get his jokes/references etc. Just talks & talks & talks
Earlier he mentioned his 25 + years experience with watches, can't even work a chrono without direction

Well the first part of Nubeo watch show was ok, it's taken a sharp nosedive downward now:rolleyes:

I turned off quite early on, don't like Mason and the Guest even less, really can't stand him or all the Solar Time brands he represents, they might come across as having a good rapport, having a good chit chat like a couple of regular guys, lulls folk into a false sense of security and trust, but for me, i wouldn't trust a word either of them says, also really not into these oversized gimmicky watches, with ridiculously high RRPs, but suppose shouldn't be surprised, it's the standard tactic with the Chinese owners of the present day Nubeo brand, over-hyped quality, Prices, etc. Their RRP's for a watch, makes the Vostok Europe Energia's RRP look like a bargain.

I've just seen them selling an air conditioning unit. I've noticed there's a great big tube at the back of the unit. They don't seem to be mentioning it, and on the promotional advert, the machine is positioned in such a way where you can't even see the outlet pipe and by a closed window. Now I don't know too much about portable air conditioning units, never having owned one, but I imagine that very large pipe coming out the back of it is quite important. Having checked, it appears this large tube is the outlet pipe/exhaust hose, and has to be fitted through a window for the machine to ventilate correctly, is that right? If so, isn't that quite an important point to explain to people who don't know you need to do this, rather than just imply all you do is put it your room, turn it on and that's it? Unbelievable.

They even had it supposedly on in one of the two studio poses with the pipe not fitted at all. In the other, with the demo man and the child singer from Junior Showtime, the huge tube (not Simon) was visible but similar to when your mother-in-law has suddenly grown a second head, no mention was made it was even there and to compliment the first one. I wonder how many disappointed people will get this out of the box, think I can just switch it on and cool down, and then find out they have this huge pipe to externally accommodate first.

The first part was with Jim & MM, they both work off each other with off topic chit chat and jokes, music etc, I suppose they're about the same age group. PS on the other hand, has no rapport with Jim whatsoever, doesn't get his jokes/references etc. Just talks & talks & talks
Earlier he mentioned his 25 + years experience with watches, can't even work a chrono without direction

We all get what this is. It's selly telly. Part of selly telly is enthusiastic presenters. They'll be enthusiastic over a pack of smartphone screen protectors or a three thousand pound diamond ring. We get that.

However Peter S's 'enthusiasm' is tiring to watch and often misplaced. I appreciate it must be difficult to come up with anything new in your presenting style, however his default use of phrases like 'ain't it just amazing / magnificent / awesome / sublime' when the product doesn't merit the use of such phrases shows his limited range. His constant talking over other guests, usually to speak guff, his guffawing, his 1970's 'comedy' etc etc ...

He needs put out to pasture. Actually, a few of them do.

They even had it supposedly on in one of the two studio poses with the pipe not fitted at all. In the other, with the demo man and the child singer from Junior Showtime, the huge tube (not Simon) was visible but similar to when your mother-in-law has suddenly grown a second head, no mention was made it was even there and to compliment the first one. I wonder how many disappointed people will get this out of the box, think I can just switch it on and cool down, and then find out they have this huge pipe to externally accommodate first.

They, and any other channel selling these things, should be forced to have a small mock-up of a window (similar to the stairs they have for carpet cleaners) with the tube attached to it. Venting for these devices is a requirement and should be shown, as is a suitable window or other opening to the outside for the tube to attach to. No wonder they gloss over this, would affect sales figures.

The watches they were selling last night, talk about gimmicky. And trying to say they are easy to read, yeah yeah whatever. Glancing at a normal watch face one can tell the time in what, a second or two max? With these it will be longer. Ok not a lot longer, but longer nevertheless. Pointless. If it ain't broke, don't fix it as the saying goes.

That lanky streak of piss, Jack, is on now with the rotisserie oven. He's another one who mustn't get fed at home as he barely puts the food on the plate before he's shovelling it in his gob.
On the subject of the rotisserie oven, they seem to be pushing it to the elderly viewer with its LARGE DIGITAL DISPLAY. However Jess is wittering on about how expensive it must be to heat up a whole oven when there's only one of you, why not buy this which she's telling you is so small and compact. But in the same breath she then tells us how large the capacity is and it can feed six people. So which is it? Small and compact or spacious with a huge capacity?

That lanky streak of piss, Jack, is on now with the rotisserie oven. He's another one who mustn't get fed at home as he barely puts the food on the plate before he's shovelling it in his gob.
On the subject of the rotisserie oven, they seem to be pushing it to the elderly viewer with its LARGE DIGITAL DISPLAY. However Jess is wittering on about how expensive it must be to heat up a whole oven when there's only one of you, why not buy this which she's telling you is so small and compact. But in the same breath she then tells us how large the capacity is and it can feed six people. So which is it? Small and compact or spacious with a huge capacity?

I absolutely love that saying, I really should start using it more myself, but it's frowned upon in the office these days for some reason 😂😂😂😂

Peter S, when selling a bonded leather chair (you know, the really expensive leather) the other night, told a story of how he often can't get comfortable at night so comes downstairs for a little while. Saying how the chair would be ideal for scenarios like that. Fine.

But whoa, wait a minute Mr Simon, have you not invested in one of the amazing mattresses you often sell? You know, the ones that stop tossing and turning through the night?

Anyone would think you were chopping and changing stories to suit the product you're selling.

;)

Latest posts

Back