Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue magic is on for 2 hours and 15 minutes tonight, its a cleaner that’s it, it cleans everything fro materal, carpets, and Even Peter Simons Ronald McDonald visit, This is meant to be a blockbuster but its the same bloddy deal every time, ooh wow it’s £20.00, it’s a blockbuster buy it befote it sells out, I say BUY IT, it won’t be £20.00 again until the next deal,

Simon must have used the same carpet for about 300 years.

This alone shows you how farcical some of the stuff they spout is. Start of the watch show last night with Peter S and the Hanowa watch expert. The very first watch they were selling was £139.99. Peter going to great lengths to tell us how it was a £400 watch all day long (expert nodding in agreement) and how bringing it to air at £139.99 was testimony to the hard work put in by Jim, Jock, Jenny, Jasper, Jane, Jack, Jill and John.

Quick check on Google, found an eBay seller (with good feedback) doing it for £129.99 :) :) :)

And tbh it annoys me the way Peter starts the watch hours with stories of how hard the last few months have been for watch manufacturers, I'm surprised they don't play sad music over this. It's like a sob story, designed to pull at the heart strings and to get viewers to buy out of what, sympathy and to put some pennies into the manufacturers pockets?

Jokes aside, it's a shame for all companies that have struggled over recent months and for their employees. However don't try to project stuff on to me as a viewer so I'll buy out of subconscious concern for them. I'm pretty sure the owners, CEOs and senior management of these companies are still doing very well.

How do they get away with all the lies?

Because it takes time and effort to complain and once you do, they tell ASA that it was an honest mistake and staff have been informed of their mistake and won't happen again and ASA just give them a wee slap on the wrist and move on.

Also, while at times they make out and out lies, which are provable, they are quite clever (or more like deceitful) in their wording sometimes, like Bedray, a brand that has been around for 140 years they say, so if it's lasted that long it must be good, gives potential customers confidence in buying Beldray products. Technically the brand name has been around that long, but in reality, it's not the same company as it was twenty years ago. The original company, with all the history and heritage, went bust in 2004, only the brand's trade name survived being bought a couple of times before the present owners acquired it. Although it has the brand name, the present day Beldray has absolutely no connection with the original Beldray that went bust in 2004.

Same with some of the claims regarding watches, the way the word some of their claims, means it gives them a get out clause, but as I've said, sometimes they open their mouths and let their bellys rumble and in their enthusiasm they start to cross the line and the get out clauses start getting weaker.

This alone shows you how farcical some of the stuff they spout is. Start of the watch show last night with Peter S and the Hanowa watch expert. The very first watch they were selling was £139.99. Peter going to great lengths to tell us how it was a £400 watch all day long (expert nodding in agreement) and how bringing it to air at £139.99 was testimony to the hard work put in by Jim, Jock, Jenny, Jasper, Jane, Jack, Jill and John.

Quick check on Google, found an eBay seller (with good feedback) doing it for £129.99 :) :) :)

And tbh it annoys me the way Peter starts the watch hours with stories of how hard the last few months have been for watch manufacturers, I'm surprised they don't play sad music over this. It's like a sob story, designed to pull at the heart strings and to get viewers to buy out of what, sympathy and to put some pennies into the manufacturers pockets?

Jokes aside, it's a shame for all companies that have struggled over recent months and for their employees. However don't try to project stuff on to me as a viewer so I'll buy out of subconscious concern for them. I'm pretty sure the owners, CEOs and senior management of these companies are still doing very well.
He's not saying how hard the watch companies have had it in order to gain sympathy for them- he's saying it to suggest they have had to reduce their prices because of the pandemic , and now the viewers can take advantage of the watch companies misfortune.

Who Does Rob Locke think he is.

He was on C&C last night, he said up to IW Create and Craft was a giggle channel, yes Rob cause you can just sit on a seat, read some item numbers.

Dawn Wheeler who has lived onsite, not seen her family bar FacetIme, for over 20 weeks, didn’t know how to respond.

He's not saying how hard the watch companies have had it in order to gain sympathy for them- he's saying it to suggest they have had to reduce their prices because of the pandemic , and now the viewers can take advantage of the watch companies misfortune.

I agree and disagree with you ;)

Yes, he's obviously using this tactic to suggest viewers can take advantage of difficult trading conditions. However it's also plain to see he's suggesting they (the manufacturers) have had a difficult time due to covid. Not getting their products to air, trade shows cancelled etc. This is being presented in such a way as to elicit concern and sympathy for said manufacturers. Paraphrasing but he comes out with stuff like 'it's been a very difficult period for <insert watch manufacturer name here> over recent months ...' with a low, faux-sincere vocal tone. Trust me, it's being done to make the viewer think 'awww, what a shame, they've been having a really tough time of it.' It's all to do with subconscious emotional influencing etc.

Because it takes time and effort to complain and once you do, they tell ASA that it was an honest mistake and staff have been informed of their mistake and won't happen again and ASA just give them a wee slap on the wrist and move on.

Also, while at times they make out and out lies, which are provable, they are quite clever (or more like deceitful) in their wording sometimes, like Bedray, a brand that has been around for 140 years they say, so if it's lasted that long it must be good, gives potential customers confidence in buying Beldray products. Technically the brand name has been around that long, but in reality, it's not the same company as it was twenty years ago. The original company, with all the history and heritage, went bust in 2004, only the brand's trade name survived being bought a couple of times before the present owners acquired it. Although it has the brand name, the present day Beldray has absolutely no connection with the original Beldray that went bust in 2004.

Same with some of the claims regarding watches, the way the word some of their claims, means it gives them a get out clause, but as I've said, sometimes they open their mouths and let their bellys rumble and in their enthusiasm they start to cross the line and the get out clauses start getting weaker.

I'm telling you, this mattress could give you your best nights sleep ever!
Use this new vibra-power the way we're telling you and you might lose those pounds!
Do your own research but we don't think you'll find it cheaper!
It's unlikely we'll ever bring this watch to air again!
Flick the power switch on this eBike and you should notice a big difference going up those hills!
I very much doubt we'll ever do this watch at a cheaper price!

What? Are you trying to say they carefully avoid using confirmatory words and/or phrases?!? How dare you! ;)

Blue magic is Hayley's No 1 cleaning product and No1 with everyone at IW and also No 1 with us the viewers as it's got sooooo many 5 Star reviews, pages and pages of them.

Well Hayley, yeah it's got lots of 5 star reviews, 462 in fact, but it also has 1 star reviews, 231 of them, pages and pages of them. That's a helluva lot of negative reviews from viewers for a No 1 product. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

Why does Tonight’s POTD launch at 7.30

They sometime do that with certain POTD, don't know why, sorry.

Possible reason could be, POTD often have two program times on the first evening, one at 9pm then around 11pm, but if for whatever reason, maybe guest can't do later hour, they start earlier to get the two programs in.

Shaun, we deliver for free and we collect for free. No you don't, you're not involved with any part of this sale, IW aren't selling any Emma products, you're just doing, in effect, a paid advert for Emma mattresses. Think you should be a bit more open and explain that Emma have just hired IW studies and presenters for the program and are offering 3% extra discount for any orders placed through the link that IW are providing. Any delivery, return, complaint etc will all be with Emma.

The Fitness expert from that Big Audition thing, is on with the bikes.

That program they promised change of life contracts, this guy hardly gets a show, and the lady who got the Create and Craft gig, think she only made about 3 appearances

Latest posts

Back