Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have written accounts before of how poorly IW and Garden Bargains pack plants and then entrust them to Yodel. I have just let it happen to me again. I must have been in a 'happy place' when on Sunday I thought that it would be a great idea to buy the Trailing Viola Teardrops Mix 20 Garden Ready Plants. I actually was seduced by the boast of 'what you see in the studio is what you will receive'. I was informed of the dispatch on Monday and when it appeared on Yodel the estimated delivery date was given as Friday. Seemed a little to long but there we are. However I checked the tracking today, Thursday, and saw that it was out for delivery. Although I was in the house when it was delivered my safe place is the enclosed front porch and from upstairs I saw the delivery driver returning to the van. My concern was spiked by the tape across the crushed package 'Repacked by Yodel'. Within the box was the tray of plants which had clearly been crushed during transport. The tray itself was smaller than the footprint of the packaging so clearly it could have slid around during transport, plus the box clearly wasn't strong enough to withstand the rigours of handling. So here I am with a tray of crushed plants - another absolute waste of everyone's effort to grow and raise these plants. I have put them in a sheltered spot and given them a good watering to see if they or some of them can be revived so fingers cross that some will survive. But I shouldn't have to be doing this. Why, why can't this dreadful partnership successfully find a way of delivering the product that they promise in their presentation?
I have sent an email to IW and GB to give them the opportunity of resolving the misery. Why do I do this to myself?!!

Paul Becue is on with Jane plan.

Is it really worth it, as with all the extras they always have on a plate, you can hardly see the produce she is selling, then you go to a VT and you get a guy going, I attend to be on this for life, so obviously it canā€™t work that well.

Shes just warmed up a Chicken Slop, sorry Korma, but you couldnā€™t see any meat

Is it really worth it, as with all the extras they always have on a plate, you can hardly see the produce she is selling, then you go to a VT and you get a guy going, I attend to be on this for life, so obviously it canā€™t work that well.

Shes just warmed up a Chicken Slop, sorry Korma, but you couldnā€™t see any meat
I think her actual portions would fit on a saucer

He's also said he sleeps in the 'man cave" when he's on late so as not to disturb her šŸ¤”
Wait a minute ...

You don't think, no, surely it can't be ...

Is there a slight possibility Mike is, goodness I can't bring myself to think it let alone type it ...

Okay here goes. Do you think Mike is maybe making some of these 'true stories' up to help sell the products? I know it's a difficult thing to get ones head around, but do you think there's even a slight chance I'm on to something?

:)

Wait a minute ...

Is there a slight possibility Mike is, goodness I can't bring myself to think it let alone type it ...

Okay here goes. Do you think Mike is maybe making some of these 'true stories' up to help sell the products? I know it's a difficult thing to get ones head around, but do you think there's even a slight chance I'm on to something?

He's not that type of person šŸ˜

HOW DARE YOU!!!

I'll have you KNOW those plastic pouches of sauce are worth every penny! Yes you then need to bulk them up with actual food and yes that doubles or triples what you need to spend, but to insinuate it's not good value for money is RIDICULOUS! Go wash your mouth out with soap!!!

;)

Wait a minute ...

Fake personal anecdotes are meat and drink to shopping telly presenters , in fact without them the whole industry would collapse.
Mike has been telling them for years - one was about how he was staying in a first class hotel , paid for by a company , and he got such a good nights sleep that he asked the management what make of mattress or duvet was on the bed .
The one he was selling -of course.
Sales is very competitive and you need all the ammunition you can get.

Fake personal anecdotes are meat and drink to shopping telly presenters , in fact without them the whole industry would collapse.
Mike has been telling them for years - one was about how he was staying in a first class hotel , paid for by a company , and he got such a good nights sleep that he asked the management what make of mattress or duvet was on the bed .
The one he was selling -of course.
Sales is very competitive and you need all the ammunition you can get.
I don't disagree re sales being competitive, however don't treat the prospective buyer with contempt (intended or otherwise) by making up 'sales stories' that contradict a story you've previously told. The guff they spout about 'put one aside for me!' ... 'I've asked my auntie to phone in and buy one for me cause we're not allowed' ... 'this is the only <insert product> I ever use!' etc gets predictable and tiresome.

Oh joy, 2 chances to scream at the telly tonight Morphic watches with Emma (couldn't lie straight in bed) Boydell, with Peter (award winning children's entertainer) Simon first, then cheeky chappy MM later. Get the wine ready:ROFLMAO:(y)
Three minutes in and Iā€™ve had enough. Right ? Ok ? Listen to me ! Ok ? The clown does my head in šŸ¤”

Latest posts

Back