Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Numpty - "we go the extra mile, we engrave every single part of the movement so that micro particles don't build up."

Don't worry James i'll translate for , "i'm just making up this nonsensical crap as i go along, cause IW, their watch buyers and even Shaun, are so horologically challenged that they don't realise i'm spouting absolute drivel."

Oh see Shaun's back for watches, he's liking the Midnight watch, one of his favs, very sporty, tachymeter and diver's bezel, amazing. Just a shame it's only got a 30 mtr water resistance and no chrono, which kinda negates the features it has. :ROFLMAO:
Yes it does your head in, not only is it not a stopwatch so the tachymeter is pointless but why would you have it on a rotating bezel in the first place. Also love the way he tells us alot of the processes to make the watch are expensive to do. Like the sun ray dial or engraved back. NO, it's a cheap watch and there are no shortage of genuine cheap watches with these exclusive features lol!

Numpty - "we go the extra mile, we engrave every single part of the movement so that micro particles don't build up."

Don't worry James i'll translate for , "i'm just making up this nonsensical crap as i go along, cause IW, their watch buyers and even Shaun, are so horologically challenged that they don't realise i'm spouting absolute drivel."
So I did hear that right about the micro particles lol. Thought he could not be saying that. 🤨The gap on the pushers would let more than a micro particle in!

Yes it does your head in, not only is it not a stopwatch so the tachymeter is pointless but why would you have it on a rotating bezel in the first place. Also love the way he tells us alot of the processes to make the watch are expensive to do. Like the sun ray dial or engraved back. NO, it's a cheap watch and there are no shortage of genuine cheap watches with these exclusive features lol!

Yes there are many good inexpensive watches out there with these exclusive features and they will be from brands that won't be making outlandish claims about their quality or artificially high RRPs like Swan & Edgar does.

For once, i'm thinking hey i agree with you, numpty said, if you want to resize the bracelet, take it into Timpsons and they would be able to do it. I thought good advice for those that can't do it themselves, as if you bought that watch you sure as hell wouldn't want go anywhere near actual jewelers or watchmaker to resize, imagine how embarrassed you be handing a Swan & Edgar over. :eek::ROFLMAO:

We mentioned the orbiter watch yesterday and the Small seconds hand being 3 seconds out of sync, well tonight it's the turn of the Itinerary, which Fields junior says, when using a spit second counter at 6 o clock you need a very precise movement, well the white dial is 2 seconds out and the blue is 1 second out between 2-8 and catches up between 8-2. :ROFLMAO:

For once, i'm thinking hey i agree with you, numpty said, if you want to resize the bracelet, take it into Timpsons and they would be able to do it. I thought good advice for those that can't do it themselves, as if you bought that watch you sure as hell wouldn't want go anywhere near actual jewelers or watchmaker to resize, imagine how embarrassed you be handing a Swan & Edgar over. :eek::ROFLMAO:
What's the betting they are push pins in the links:unsure:

Can someone tell me why that pen is worth 70 quid? And why a rotating tachymeter? which by looking at it, will be the first thing to break:rolleyes:

Think it's just a figure they pulled out of thin air.

Shaun keeps repeating they sell it for £70, I keep shouting at the TV, you may have it on your web site at £70 doesn't mean you've sold any at £70. If they were able to sell those at £70 no way would they be giving so many away.

What's the betting they are push pins in the links:unsure:

Although it's hard to see, I think the Perplexion bracelet could possibly have screwed pins, it's a slightly thicker bracelet, the others definately look like push pins. But as i say it's hard to see properly onscreen and sometimes the spit end of the push pins can look like a screw from a glance.

I remember first time resizing a Seiko bracelet and never knew they used a collar and pin system, lost a couple of collars before I realised what was going on. :oops::ROFLMAO:

I've just banged an email off to the studio asking them how a watch with a rotating tachymeter, but isn't a stop watch, works? Will I get an answer?

Anyone remember a Fixoflex bracelet?

I had one on my "real" Tissot watch, but the bracelet was not secure enough and came off when I was playing in the snow, and never found the watch again.

But very easy to adjust - - - - >

Anyone remember a Fixoflex bracelet?

I had one on my "real" Tissot watch, but the bracelet was not secure enough and came off when I was playing in the snow, and never found the watch again.

But very easy to adjust - - - - >

Didn't have one myself, sure my dad had one, those expanding bracelets were quite popular way back, you can still get them.

Latest posts

Back