Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PeterV said central heating is archaic now, with his wife nodding beside him. Stupid pair.
I have a halogen I use when it's not cold enough to put the heating on. Really light to carry up the stairs too, unlike theirs.
Whilst it's true there's a drive to move us away from gas powered boilers in domestic properties, me thinks central heating will be around for a long time. Sure, if you want to put a standalone electric heater in some/all rooms and do away with a central boiler or central thermostat, bash on. But for most, putting your valid scenario aside, let's not suggest wheeling one radiator around your house is the way to go ... who are we ... scrooge?!?

:)

Funnily enough, watched them selling a carpet cleaner the other day. You know, the sort with a CABLE and PLUG ...

… No mention of how inconvenient this OLD FASHIONED power method is. Funny that, when they're selling cordless vacs they can't WAIT to tell us what a HASSLE the cable is, often having an old vac on set with a cable to prove the point. They fumble and wumble for minutes to get it plugged in.

;)

There was one on the Swan & Edgar site recently, not sure if it still there, but if you go direct to China (aliexpress) and you'll get a bigger selection of Tourbillion watches a lot cheaper and they all come with the same cases as the Gamages one.

It seems like aliexpress is the go to place for those wanting to make a quick buck. Yesterday's This Morning programme featured a woman who was selling sex dolls, saying how business was booming at the moment because of the lockdown situation.

Although I have no absolutely no interest in these products, I did have a certain curiosity about the sort of prices she might be charging. After taking a quick look at her site, I decided to do a sort of price comparison at aliexpress (as I know they sell pretty much everything).

Sure enough aliexpress were offering these dolls, and just one example was enough to confirm my suspicions: an identical doll on aliexpress was selling for £1000 less than the UK website. It's not hard to imagine Ideal World offering these ("Fifth generation") dolls at some future point, possibly on their late night ITV show.

w DeKnees yesterday in the kitchen with Jack the tall chef. If anyone's interested, he's writing some cookery books
I can't wait to see some of his recipes. Crispy duck pancake with a roast potato shoved in it, "Hoovos Ranchos" (It's Huevos Rancheros you bellend!). This pillock keeps claiming he's a chef but his cooking techniques, flavour combinations and the way he dollops food on a plate with sauce squirted all over it shows he hasn't got a clue. He a demonstrator, not a chef. As someone who actually trained as a chef, I sit there shaking my head at his incompetence.

Let's see how long the ceramic cores retain their heat in a cold room.

They always talk so much GUFF on the heating shows. 'It's on wheels so you can move it from room to room.' Okaaaaaay, so it's the depths of winter and my house is FREEZING. I'm sitting in my lounge with my heater and want to pop through to my bedroom for 10 mins. So I take my mobile heater into my FREEZING bedroom. By the time it's starting to heat that room up, I'm on my way back to the lounge with my heater. The lounge is now a bit colder (cause it's had no heat for 10 mins) but starts to heat up again. I then want to go into my FREEZING dining room for 15 mins, off I go with my mobile heater ... You see the problem?

So you'd need to have at least a few of their heaters dotted here and there if you want your property to be reasonably comfortable throughout. And at the prices IW sell them for, that's not small change!

Personally, I've never had any issues with my central heating set up. Rads in each room, with TRVs attached so I can control each one. The boiler only comes on when needed i.e. it's not literally on 24/7. So if I choose to only heat one room I can, equally I can ensure all rooms will be at the very least not cold. Cause I'm not sure if it's just me, but I sometimes move FROM ROOM TO ROOM!

Muppets.

Yeah, he speaks some nonsense about existing central heating systems, it's virtually impossible that he's never heard of a Thermostatic Radiator Valve, so all this rubbish of heating the whole house is an out and out con job. Yeah you can get systems that are controlled from a central thermostat, but the vast majority installed will use TRVs.
One thing he never touches on is the running costs of these heaters. Just one of those 2000w heaters running 6 hours a day would cost you about £60 a month. And, like you say, unless you stay in one room for the whole winter you'll end up walking through a freezing house quite often. Of course you buy a few of them, but then the running costs become extremely high.

Just watching them selling the bonded leather chair, that Joanne is a blethering idiot, never heard someone speak so much without actually saying anything.

Whilst it's true there's a drive to move us away from gas powered boilers in domestic properties, me thinks central heating will be around for a long time. Sure, if you want to put a standalone electric heater in some/all rooms and do away with a central boiler or central thermostat, bash on. But for most, putting your valid scenario aside, let's not suggest wheeling one radiator around your house is the way to go ... who are we ... scrooge?!?

:)

Yeah, government is banning gas boilers after 2025 in new built housing, but it doesn't affect existing homes. Some of the alternatives, like heat pumps, are cheaper to install in new builds but would be astronomically exspensive for existing homes. Gas boilers will be here for a while yet, longer than me anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Funnily enough, watched them selling a carpet cleaner the other day. You know, the sort with a CABLE and PLUG ...

… No mention of how inconvenient this OLD FASHIONED power method is. Funny that, when they're selling cordless vacs they can't WAIT to tell us what a HASSLE the cable is, often having an old vac on set with a cable to prove the point. They fumble and wumble for minutes to get it plugged in.

;)

I also seen a couple with a cloth/mop head which is attached to head of the cleaner and of course after the first wipe is dirty, like an old frashioned mop, again isn't that supposed to be a big no, no with floor cleaning according to Simon I. ;):ROFLMAO:

Channel hopped on last night and Dennnnnnnice was on. Just as I hopped on she was saying 'but you don't want to hear me talk ...'

I thought, never a truer word have I heard!!!!

I then hopped off ;)

The baldy headed gimp often says something similar, probably the only time some actual truth passes his lips.

I also seen a couple with a cloth/mop head which is attached to head of the cleaner and of course after the first wipe is dirty, like an old frashioned mop, again isn't that supposed to be a big no, no with floor cleaning according to Simon I. ;):ROFLMAO:
But the cleaning bits are MICROFIBRE and as we all know, you can literally wipe a pile of horse sh1t with one for an hour, then because it traps the dirt and germs so effectively, you can immediately start using that same cloth to wipe down your kitchen worktop. No, and I mean NO horse **** will be transferred onto the worktop!

So there's a difference. IW know that, cause they're experts. ;)

Saw DeKnees yesterday in the kitchen with Jack the tall chef. If anyone's interested, he's writing some cookery books.....

Sorry, but not in the least bit.
Watching him cook, I wouldn't go near any food he cooks, his poor hygiene and food handling is shocking. Hardly ever see him cleaning his hands, when he does it's a quick wipe on his apron. Seen him eating something, then licking his fingers, quick little wipe on his apron then on to handling raw meat. Nope, sorry, from what i've seen on IW he comes across as a scruff with poor hygiene. But I would say that for all of the cooks they have on IW, all show a poor example of how kitchen hygiene should be.

Just watching the early morning (that are also on ITV) Swan & Edgar show from yesterday which I recorded, with numpty and Shaun, and it never fails to amaze me the of amount of rubbish and barefaced lies they spout.

Fields – “I can see which watch you are bringing out and I was told we were going to get a very special surprise on the price, I’m kinda scared to look.”

Sits shaking his head

“I’ve just seen the price, unbelievable, unbelievable”

Why would you be scared to look and why would the price be a very special surprise, and why is it unbelievable, it’s the same ****** price it was for the 6 Swan & Edgar shows you did over Sunday/Monday.

Someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, karma will catch up with this arrogant repulsive conman. The slimy little rat should sod off back to the sewers where his kind belong.

We mentioned the split seconds sub dial being a few seconds out the other day, and we thought that was poor, well they were showing the Sovereign watch, just a plain 3 hand auto watch, and the alignment of second and minute hand is 30 seconds off. When the second hand passes 12, the minute hand is half way between the minute markers/indices and when the second hand is a 6 the minute hand is dead center of the minute marker/indices. The Sovereign is also the watch with the squint cyclops. :ROFLMAO:

Edit because next watch, the perplexion, black one is ok, but silver one is out 30 seconds as well.

Editing again, speeding through each watch quickly and it appears most of their watches have been poor alignment of the minute and second hands.

Last edited:
Just watching the early morning (that are also on ITV) Swan & Edgar show from yesterday which I recorded, with numpty and Shaun, and it never fails to amaze me the of amount of rubbish and barefaced lies they spout.

Fields – “I can see which watch you are bringing out and I was told we were going to get a very special surprise on the price, I’m kinda scared to look.”

Sits shaking his head

“I’ve just seen the price, unbelievable, unbelievable”

Why would you be scared to look and why would the price be a very special surprise, and why is it unbelievable, it’s the same ****** price it was for the 6 Swan & Edgar shows you did over Sunday/Monday.

Someday, hopefully sooner rather than later, karma will catch up with this arrogant repulsive conman. The slimy little rat should sod off back to the sewers where his kind belong.

Yeah, whoever it is presenting and guesting, the 'acting surprised at the price' routine is VERY old and tired. He sits and says at the start of each show what areas of the S&E business he's involved in, which is most of them. Then 3 minutes later he's pretending to be shocked at prices HE'LL HAVE AGREED TO!!!

Unlike some stuff on selly telly, it's not the slightest bit amusing, funny etc to watch. It's pathetic.

Just a couple of pics, sorry they are poor quality, but it gives you an idea of the misaligned seconds & minute hands.
4d.png

2c.png

Yeah, whoever it is presenting and guesting, the 'acting surprised at the price' routine is VERY old and tired. He sits and says at the start of each show what areas of the S&E business he's involved in, which is most of them. Then 3 minutes later he's pretending to be shocked at prices HE'LL HAVE AGREED TO!!!

Unlike some stuff on selly telly, it's not the slightest bit amusing, funny etc to watch. It's pathetic.

Agreed. You know it wouldn't be quite so bad if this was the first show this watch had appeared in and he was unaware (highly unlikely of course) of IW selling price, you know maybe made a last minute reduction for the ITV audience, but he has just done 6 shows over Sunday/Monday, with the same watch, at the same price, which just make his whole shock and surprised performance an absolute farce and makes him look an even bigger fool than he already is.

Agreed. You know it wouldn't be quite so bad if this was the first show this watch had appeared in and he was unaware (highly unlikely of course) of IW selling price, you know maybe made a last minute reduction for the ITV audience, but he has just done 6 shows over Sunday/Monday, with the same watch, at the same price, which just make his whole shock and surprised performance an absolute farce and makes him look an even bigger fool than he already is.

I remember years ago when I was a selly telly virgin, I used to think 'folk should be grabbing these bargains' when they mentioned things like 'this price is wrong, buy NOW to capitalise on our mistake!' Obviously after watching for a few days I soon cottoned on ... ;)

To think they're using the same tired techniques a couple of decades later! Mind you, you have to assume it still works for them. I suppose there's a core of selly telly viewers that lap it all up, they probably know it's all guff but they love it. A bit like adults that watch WWE :)

Latest posts

Back