Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember years ago when I was a selly telly virgin, I used to think 'folk should be grabbing these bargains' when they mentioned things like 'this price is wrong, buy NOW to capitalise on our mistake!' Obviously after watching for a few days I soon cottoned on ... ;)

To think they're using the same tired techniques a couple of decades later! Mind you, you have to assume it still works for them. I suppose there's a core of selly telly viewers that lap it all up, they probably know it's all guff but they love it. A bit like adults that watch WWE :)

More like silly telly viewers

I can't wait to see some of his recipes. Crispy duck pancake with a roast potato shoved in it, "Hoovos Ranchos" (It's Huevos Rancheros you bellend!). This pillock keeps claiming he's a chef but his cooking techniques, flavour combinations and the way he dollops food on a plate with sauce squirted all over it shows he hasn't got a clue. He a demonstrator, not a chef. As someone who actually trained as a chef, I sit there shaking my head at his incompetence.
Now you know how we watch collectors feel;) Talking of which, Heritor now, with the lovely Emma ( haven't a clue)
Boydell and her tool of many useso_O

Oh Miss Precision is back, “if you’ve not had an automatic watch before, you’ll see that weight there ticks and tocks back and forth a bit like a pendulum.” Never heard anybody described the movement of the rotor like that before.:ROFLMAO:

BTW

Surprised nobody pointed out my stupid post yesterday about misaligned second hands, really don’t know what was going through my head, obviously had a brain meltdown thinking that the second and minute hands were off because of misalignment, would have been ok if it was minute and hour hands, but seconds and minute hands being off just happens when the time is not set precisely. Personally, I’m blaming listening to too much silly nonsense on IW watches, that my brain is developing the same affliction. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Surprised nobody pointed out my stupid post yesterday about misaligned second hands, really don’t know what was going through my head, obviously had a brain meltdown thinking that the second and minute hands were off because of misalignment, would have been ok if it was minute and hour hands, but seconds and minute hands being off just happens when the time is not set precisely. Personally, I’m blaming listening to too much silly nonsense on IW watches, that my brain is developing the same affliction

Possibly because we all are:ROFLMAO:

They just say Swiss brands as a generic reference cause if they mention a specific brand then it would be easier to call them out on it.

For the Matador, not sure which brands she's thinking of, she says you'll find it across all the Swiss brands, but you won't find that style in most Swiss brand, cause there's only one popular one of the top of my head that could tenuously be linked, and I think it's the one Mason is thinking of and that's Doxa, but the trouble for her is, because they get their watches from China, it's using the case/style from one of the Chinese homages (which there are others on Ali) to an old Seiko turtle.

Emma - "you might have a Swiss watch, you might have a watch from an independent watch maker, you might have something that is made by a fantastic American design house such as Heritor, and they all sit equally in your collection."

Not a cat's chance in hell.

Have many (toooooo many :whistle: ) Swiss, Japanese, Russia, German, Chinese and independent watches in my collection but would never in a million years have a Heritor join it.

forgot to say, see it Christmas time again.

I see we are getting the inflated RRPs on screen as well. :rolleyes:
Thing is, it's a RECOMMENDED retail price, so VERY rarely will the item have been sold at that price anywhere, except perhaps the supplier website. So to say 'you're saving £x' isn't factually correct as the thing never sells at that price. Ok, to say 'saving £x on the RRP' is factually correct, however still doesn't mean much in real terms, especially with this crowd and as you say the ridiculous RRPs.

'We're selling you a watch for £129.99 and throwing in a free gift worth £70. However we 'could' be selling the watch for it's RRP of £729.99 and it would still be a great deal at that.'

So why aren't you selling it for £229.99? Pocket another £100 profit and the viewer is still getting a great deal.

BECAUSE IT'S A £129.99 WATCH ALL DAY LONG ... THAT'S WHY!!!

Pathetic.

Mason says go to the web site and you can buy your heritor, well i've gone to their web site and think it been bust with their new xmas shopping page, no matter where you want to go you end up back at that page,can't get to any page to buy a Heritor watch, gutted. :ROFLMAO:
Probably bought the webpage from Alibaba and rebranded it as the IW website :)

I wanted to be a wrestler when I was younger. Wanted to be Animal from the Road Warriors. I wrote to a dozen wrestling schools, but non wrote me back.
I guessed from your name that you were a fellow wrestling fan. I too tried to train as a wrestler back when I was younger in the 90's. Schools were few and far between then, unlike now but I'm too fat and old to train now 😂

Certainly were.

In 96, I asked Afa when he started a school, and he would have accepted me, and my auntie lives in the US, but my parents didn't have the money to send me.

Then now, loads of schools over here, even nxt.

Latest posts

Back