Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just watching the actifry show. Watching Jack showing off his excellent hygeneine standards, just cooked some chips, takes a bite from a chip, while speaking to Hayley, then puts the other half of the chip back in the plate of chips. :eek: Hope nobody else is eating from that plate of chips. :sick:

I wouldn't like to go to his house for something to eat, you'd probably starve, he dumped out the curry onto a plate and said, at least six portions there, SIX? Could demolish that plate myself :ROFLMAO:, at a push maybe 3 portions if all three were on a diet, but probably two would be more accurate, not six. probably thinks he still a chef in a restaurant or on masterchef, where they have huge dinner plates and a miniature size portion of food on it.

Heating show and Peter V on his phone looking thoroughly bored with miss verbal diarrhea's intro.:ROFLMAO:

So what "proper" watches have the "proper" watch collectors been wearing this miserable Saturday? As the collectable watches are on tonight😃
Can't get a picture to up load So click here for picture.

Nice (y)

I'm lowering the standards a wee bit in comparison, just the Rado hyperchrome for today. Not a great pics, bad lighting.
Rado Hyperchrome.jpg

Why are they calling the Bermuda watch a "Bermuda Gents Seiko Watch", it's may have a Seiko movement in it, but that doesn't make it Seiko watch.

Bargain of the night though with it's extrodinary £20 Seiko movement inside it. ;):ROFLMAO:

And now they are calling the Hugo Schwaze a Seiko watch even though it's got a Citizen movement in it, I tell you ****** amateurs. And again another steal we are told, with it having the £5 luxury Citizen GM10 movement. :ROFLMAO:

Now it's LAST of the Energias, LAST CHANCE, although Peter has been saying that for the last few Vostok Europe shows.;) Then Reynolds end the segment with, he doesn't think we'll see it again till middle of next year, so is it last chance or not?

Then we have Peter with his first in the World to see the Mathey Tissot Rolly, first time you at home and around the world on the internet has seen it. Unless you've visited Mathey-Tissot's own web site recently, then you will have seen it and could have bought it, where they've already been on sale. Peter doesn't half come out with some crap. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I see we have the big pantomime with the price for the yellow Anchar, £700 watch selling at £449.99 +£8.99 p&p, Kevin upset and Peter amazed.

Of course you could ignore the pantomime go to amazon and get the same watch for £433 free delivery. :)

Why are they calling the Bermuda watch a "Bermuda Gents Seiko Watch", it's may have a Seiko movement in it, but that doesn't make it Seiko watch.

Bargain of the night though with it's extrodinary £20 Seiko movement inside it. ;):ROFLMAO:

And now they are calling the Hugo Schwaze a Seiko watch even though it's got a Citizen movement in it, I tell you ****** amateurs. And again another steal we are told, with it having the £5 luxury Citizen GM10 movement. :ROFLMAO:
Mr Malaprop Simon in full buffoonery mode tonight. Has had to be corrected on more than one occasion by Kevin Reynolds over his ‘factual’ description of watches. Oh yes , how I long for a watch with a melanayseee bracelet 🤡

Now it's LAST of the Energias, LAST CHANCE, although Peter has been saying that for the last few Vostok Europe shows.;) Then Reynolds end the segment with, he doesn't think we'll see it again till middle of next year, so is it last chance or not?

Then we have Peter with his first in the World to see the Mathey Tissot Rolly, first time you at home and around the world on the internet has seen it. Unless you've visited Mathey-Tissot's own web site recently, then you will have seen it and could have bought it, where they've already been on sale. Peter doesn't half come out with some crap. :ROFLMAO:
I really did like the look of the pocket watch , but I have reservations about the price , even at their ‘half price’ offer. I didn’t hear them mention that the watch chain was only gold plated. That should have been made clear.

I really did like the look of the pocket watch , but I have reservations about the price , even at their ‘half price’ offer. I didn’t hear them mention that the watch chain was only gold plated. That should have been made clear.

Yes it was nice pocket watch, but definitely not a £10,000 watch. And at that price you would expect the chain to be solid gold too. Mathey-Tissot do make a good watch though, but their pricing for the UK market is high and they tend to go for 42mm in a lot of their watches, would much prefer if they made more at 38/40mm. I think Reynolds is trying to compare with some of the luxury Swiss brands, while I would say they are more a smaller watchmaker version of entry level luxury brands like Tissot, Mido, Hamilton, etc.
I have a few, which I've purchased, at better prices, from Jomashop and ebay (I've gotten a couple of Limited edition for less than half the price IW were charging, some folks have bought believing IW prices are good then tried to cash in on ebay but ended up selling for a lot less). They have a "lord" limited edition i really like, it's £899.99 on IW, the same watch was selling for way less in the US, could have gotten it for under £400 but they weren't allowed to ship this particular watch to the UK. :(

Mr Malaprop Simon in full buffoonery mode tonight. Has had to be corrected on more than one occasion by Kevin Reynolds over his ‘factual’ description of watches. Oh yes , how I long for a watch with a melanayseee bracelet 🤡

I can understand some of the brands (Swan & Edgar, The Solar Time Brands, Resultco Brands) on IW not being to fussed, beggars can't be choosers, and he does over hype their crap and a lot of IW collectors believe the rubbish. But there are a few decent watchmaking brands on there and how they accept him presenting their watches is beyond me, for me any watch show he is presenting automatically devalues the content in the eyes of the majority of watch collectors, he's become a laughing stock and the brands reputation must suffer as a result.

I watched last night and waited with baited breath as 10:35 neared for the blockbuster of a timepiece. Oh what a huge disappointment, a bladdy pocket watch, and not particularly nice either:rolleyes: Certainly not something I'd pay a lot of money for. Some of the Mathey Tissot watches aren't bad, but suffer from the same affliction of many quartz watches, misaligned seconds hands.:( Does my head in

Latest posts

Back