Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun said, you very rarely see a Vostok price starting with a 2, yet IW have 11 of them on their web site at the moment, and that's their dearer web prices. And Amazon have 40 starting with a 2.

Obviously rarely in Shaun dictionary differs from everyone else. ;):ROFLMAO:

But, but it weights half a kilo. 😁

Ok some folks are just not easy to please, but for you, quick change to dressy one with lume, although quickly done so lume not much chance to charge so photo not the best.

View attachment 19653

And how it looks with light, although Dennice is spoiling the shot. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 19654
Yes I know taste is subjective, so jokes aside I'd rarely knock anyone for what they like, however for me watches like this are class. Non shouty, understated class. These watches need no bells and whistles, the quality speaks for itself. Suppose I'm old fashioned, simple uncluttered lines are what I like.

Acti-fry now with mucky Jack.

99% less fat, Dennice proudly claims, and she uses rape seed oil in her Acti-fry, which she uses a lot during a week.

So it begs the question, where's the fat coming from?:eek:;):ROFLMAO:

Oh and surprise, it's chicken tikka again. :ROFLMAO:

OK for sausages, but fish fingers break into pieces and become fish paste.

Shaun said, you very rarely see a Vostok price starting with a 2, yet IW have 11 of them on their web site at the moment, and that's their dearer web prices. And Amazon have 40 starting with a 2.

Obviously rarely in Shaun dictionary differs from everyone else. ;):ROFLMAO:
They really do just open their mouths and speak the biggest load of guff ever. Surely as the years roll by more and more of their viewers will cotton on? I say that as many of us in our 40s/50's downwards automatically jump on the Internet to check prices, facts etc. Whereas for many older generations it's not something they instinctively do.

Yes I know taste is subjective, so jokes aside I'd rarely knock anyone for what they like, however for me watches like this are class. Non shouty, understated class. These watches need no bells and whistles, the quality speaks for itself. Suppose I'm old fashioned, simple uncluttered lines are what I like.

Tastes change with age as well, for me, I'm liking smaller, and more dress watches more as i've gotten older, 38mm is perfect for me, 40mm at a push, once you go over that then it spoils the look. For divers and chronos, you can get away with a bigger size, but 43mm is the max for me, anything over that is getting too big for my wrists, although i do have some over 43mm I still like and enjoy them but in reality they are slightly too big for me.
Problem with a lot of these cheaper watches on IW, is that quality isn't their selling point, so they make up for it by adding extra features/size to the case and dials, and instead of something different and interesting, you end up with an oversized ugly looking case with a dial cluttered with so many useless features that it becomes increasingly harder to do the simple task it was made for, to tell the time. More effort put into show rather than practicability. Some of the skeleton watches at first glance can look quite cool to look at, seeing the workings of the movement etc, but because of the lack of contrast, they can be a real pain to see the hands against the movement.

They really do just open their mouths and speak the biggest load of guff ever. Surely as the years roll by more and more of their viewers will cotton on? I say that as many of us in our 40s/50's downwards automatically jump on the Internet to check prices, facts etc. Whereas for many older generations it's not something they instinctively do.

Not so sure, i have this feeling that IW have a large core of dedicated followers that will believe any crap spouted by the presenters. Personally for me, as one approaching the older generation tag, age isn't really the factor, there may be a lot of 40s/50s and downwards that may be internet/mobile phone savvy, but doesn't mean they are street wise, have common sense or their brains work logically. ;):ROFLMAO:
One thing i've noticed for me while watching IW, is the more over the top crap and lies the presenters spout the more committed i am to not buy that brand products again. The brands must watch the shows, so they will be aware of what is being said, so in my mind, they are complicit and as bad as IW for allowing their products to be sold in such a manner.
Take Beldray, they themselves portray the story that they are same Beldray that was est 1872, when they are not. The present day Chinese owners didn't buy or take over the Beldray Company when they went bust in 2004, they only aquired the trade name second hand, when they bought the housewares division of Yorkshire company (which owned the Beldray trade name but weren't using it), they themselves had only bought the trade name after the original Bedray Company was defunct. It's exactly the same as Swan & Edgar, they may have acquired the Swan & Edgar trade name, but they have no direct connection with the old company/department store and have no right (and neither do Beldray) to claim it's history or heritage.
Far too many fraudster and liars about these days.:mad:

They really do just open their mouths and speak the biggest load of guff ever.

Tell you another thing that annoys me, is the name dropping of luxury brands in caparison with the cheap tat they are selling. Everything is Amazing, Incredible, Beautiful, looks expensive, luxurious, all the celebs wear this, similar to what you see in <insert designer boutique name>, blah, blah. Dennice was on with a coat, sure my granny used to wear something similar, she says everyone will look beautiful in it, no they don't Sally the Mouth was on this morning in the purple version and she looked liked Tinky Winky from the tellytubies. :eek:

That Simon Iles is another one of the annoying smug deceitful so and so they have on IW. He alone has ensured that I would never purchase a Beldray (or any other brands he promotes) product, no matter how good they may or may not be.

Most of you will have heard Peter Simon's pitch that the watch industry is suffering because of the pandemic and they are selling of stock cheap in order to survive , hence the 'low 'prices on Ideal World.
It's a repulsive sales angle at best , but apparently it's also completely untrue - the watch industry is picking up sales where the money would otherwise have been spent on travel.
Here's a news article published today;

They are doing heating at the moment and they had a predicted low temp for the next 7 days chart.

Where i stay was not on it but anyway picked Edinburgh, which they are saying lows of 0c source netweather, but if you go to netweather and look at their 7 day forecasts, not once does the temp get as low as 0. Only on one day for a couple of hours is the temp as low as 4c most of the next 7 days is forecast at between 6-10c.

Most of you will have heard Peter Simon's pitch that the watch industry is suffering because of the pandemic and they are selling of stock cheap in order to survive , hence the 'low 'prices on Ideal World.
It's a repulsive sales angle at best , but apparently it's also completely untrue - the watch industry is picking up sales where the money would otherwise have been spent on travel.
Here's a news article published today;

They've used a similar tactic, not in regards to selling cheaper, but with how hard it is to get stock, due to Covid and they don't know when they will get it back in, so buy now.

Looking at prices with online watch retailers and Jewelers, if anything, outwith sale items, prices have actually increased during the pandemic.

tz-uk007.jpg
t
Testing the picture up load with a watch that had tritium tubes years before civilian watches had them.

Does Simon Lies ever go home?

That coat they're flogging has one of the most annoying collars ever, the funnel neck. DeKnees said it's a £150 coat. It's selling at £40, i wouldn't give tuppence for it 😁

Being a bloke, i'm no fashion guru, but that black coat she has on looks like something she bought from a jumble sale/thrift shop.

I see she's trying her hardest to get folks to buy two, surely not shifting as quick as they thought.

Latest posts

Back