Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Come on folks, get up and get striding on the wonderful Linear Strider treadmill, makes a great and fantastic way too start the morning, gets those happy hormones going, look, Shona, Sheila and Helen are bursting with happiness, looking forward to a great day and absolutely love using the treadmill at 8.15am.
Of course, everybody would be happy to be walking, with fake smiles and gleeful grins, at this time of the morning if we were getting paid to do it. ;)

Most of you will have heard Peter Simon's pitch that the watch industry is suffering because of the pandemic and they are selling of stock cheap in order to survive , hence the 'low 'prices on Ideal World.
It's a repulsive sales angle at best , but apparently it's also completely untrue - the watch industry is picking up sales where the money would otherwise have been spent on travel.
Here's a news article published today;
Falls into the talking guff category. Couple of weeks back they were doing the same with eBikes.

'They just can't be had anywhere!!!'

Quick Google, lots of retailers including Halfords had eBikes in stock :)

Come on folks, get up and get striding on the wonderful Linear Strider treadmill, makes a great and fantastic way too start the morning, gets those happy hormones going, look, Shona, Sheila and Helen are bursting with happiness, looking forward to a great day and absolutely love using the treadmill at 8.15am.
Of course, everybody would be happy to be walking, with fake smiles and gleeful grins, at this time of the morning if we were getting paid to do it. ;)
You shouldn't laugh but a few weeks back Peter S just about fell his length when presenting this. Now that would have been telly gold!

Tuned in to Ideal's ITV show last night only to find Paul Becque performing his stupid siren routine: "Come on, I've got to get your attention, we're running low on stock," shrieked the annoying fool.

How about a number of people turning up outside his home about 3am in the morning, performing the siren routine until it wakes him up, and then, when he's awake, using a megaphone to tell him that his local shop has a special offer on Digestive biscuits: "Come on, we had to get your attention, they're running low on stock. We don't want you to miss out!" I'm sure he'd be grateful.

Simon ilies isn’t he currently living in the car park, if he’s living there why not make the most of it.

Its rumoured Keith Lemon maybe getting involved with Create and Craft, maybe he could do some IW

Tuned in to Ideal's ITV show last night only to find Paul Becque performing his stupid siren routine: "Come on, I've got to get your attention, we're running low on stock," shrieked the annoying fool.

How about a number of people turning up outside his home about 3am in the morning, performing the siren routine until it wakes him up, and then, when he's awake, using a megaphone to tell him that his local shop has a special offer on Digestive biscuits: "Come on, we had to get your attention, they're running low on stock. We don't want you to miss out!" I'm sure he'd be grateful.
I'm convinced he thinks 'I'm cool doing this ...'

Twat.

I'm laughing, as the machine (treadmill) with Sally Jack was still working even though she hadn't attached the safety clip. :eek: Not a good advert for a products safety feature.:ROFLMAO:

Well tonight, it's the watches from that Great Soviet/Russian watchmaking brand, CCCP, watches which are made in CCCP's top secret, hidden factory. Rumours started by top CCCP executives, suggested it was located somewhere between the Urals and Siberia. But a whistle-blower has come forth and claimed it's location was so top secret, due to the worry over corporate espionage and with billions and billions of Rubles at stake, they had taken the drastic steps to hide the watch making facility in another country, no expense has been spared, and even the highly skilled Russian watchmakers have received plastic surgery and given new identities so that they blend in with the local population, every step has been taken to hide this precious piece of Russian heritage from other unscrupulous watch counterfeiters and fraudsters, who would pinch CCCP's fabulous history and heritage to claim as their own.

When you think about it, very little of what happens on selly telly stands up to any scrutiny whatsoever. On one of the other (reverse auction) channels last night they were selling a watch. The 'reverse auction' started at something like £1,299, no doubt cause the watch had crystals and diamonds in it. It then went below £1,000 on the first drop. Then another few hundred were wiped off on the second drop. 'We're not stopping there so get in now viewers!' I think it eventually settled at £29.99 or something, ha ha HAaaa. What a farce.

I get the premise, viewers pay the lowest price no matter what price they come in at. But I mean come on, really?!? I'd laugh if they had 100 of those watches and if they sold out when it was still at £500 or something ... laugh at the mug viewers I mean :)

I'm laughing, as the machine (treadmill) with Sally Jack was still working even though she hadn't attached the safety clip. :eek: Not a good advert for a products safety feature.:ROFLMAO:

Well tonight, it's the watches from that Great Soviet/Russian watchmaking brand, CCCP, watches which are made in CCCP's top secret, hidden factory. Rumours started by top CCCP executives, suggested it was located somewhere between the Urals and Siberia. But a whistle-blower has come forth and claimed it's location was so top secret, due to the worry over corporate espionage and with billions and billions of Rubles at stake, they had taken the drastic steps to hide the watch making facility in another country, no expense has been spared, and even the highly skilled Russian watchmakers have received plastic surgery and given new identities so that they blend in with the local population, every step has been taken to hide this precious piece of Russian heritage from other unscrupulous watch counterfeiters and fraudsters, who would pinch CCCP's fabulous history and heritage to claim as their own.
I SO hope it's Peter. Cue the brand being referred to as CP, CCP, CCCCP, PC, PCP, CPCPC. Anything BUT CCCP :)

So in honour of CCCP wore a Chinese, sorry Russian watch today, the Poljot 'Aviator I' Chronograph with Poljot 3133 manual wind movement, took a pick during an earlier show, you can just manage to see David Fabbro and Sally Jacks in the background testing a mattress in a Dormeo show. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Poljot 'Aviator I Chronograph' (Cal Poljot 3133).jpg

Oh and a lume shot for CC. ;):ROFLMAO:

IMG_20201007_132829-crop.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty Peter seems to be on much less now, bonus.

He's back on Saturday, probably doing the 9pm show with Kevin Reynolds, which is a pick of the day, so will probably be more shows on Sunday with Britain's favourite comedy duo. ;):D

Mason has the watch show tomorrow with Noddy, and on Friday with memory lane pal Clawley.

He's back on Saturday, probably doing the 9pm show with Kevin Reynolds, which is a pick of the day, so will probably be more shows on Sunday with Britain's favourite comedy duo. ;):D

Mason has the watch show tomorrow with Noddy, and on Friday with memory lane pal Clawley.
Comedy duo? That makes me laugh, unfortunately they don't 😁

Wait till you see Monday's watches, definitely not for me. For anybody wondering, the movement in them is based on the miyota 2033, which is a rather cheap £4 quartz movement.

Latest posts

Back