Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WHY do they insist on telling us so much of what they sell is hard to come by elsewhere ... WHHHHHY?!? Of course we know why, but do they really think we're that THICK? Millions of retailers across the globe selling literally everything but OH NO, only IW secure stock of things like eBikes and watches. I mean, even Swan & Edgar is sold across the globe in multiple high end stores. Oh wait ... ;)

I really believe they do and sadly think they are right when it comes to a lot of their customers. :(

With IW, you kinda get used to the presenters and some of the guests lying & misleading, after all most of the guests are only actors hired to promote a product, but the like of Bordell is someone from the watch community, him and his wife used to run an online watch retailer, Page & Cooper, although in the end not successful and left a lot of unhappy folks in their wake when the filed bankruptcy.

But with him being in the watch trade, he will know exactly what is available or not, he’ll also know about the brands themselves, so for him to be spouting this rubbish just goes to show that IW and their guests will say anything to sell watches. And I’m starting to think, probably believe would be better word, the reason for that is that IW have come to the realisation that a fair chunk of their watch collector community are both gullible and pretty ignorant in their knowledge of watches, brands and the industry in general, both present and historical. In IW minds, easy to deceive, and easy to prey on.

Now if buyers, were like high street buyers and just buying a watch for use and because they just like the watch, then fine, but, judging by the revues, there does seem to be a significant group building collections, full of Swan & Edgar, Reign, Earnshaw, Morphic etc, truly believing they are building a collection of luxury watches from quality watch brands some with a rich history & heritage of watchmaking behind them. Now when you get someone posting a revue, where they are ecstatic, because they have added their first Russian watch to their collection, A watch which is actually made by a Chinese owned brand, made in China with a Japanese movement, then you know something very wrong is going on.

And just for Bordell on how easy it is to buy a Russian watch, with a Russian movement, from a genuine Russian brand. These are just a very few of the top of my head, but you’ll find loads on ebay & other online retailers, etc. Oh and look at the prices, contrary to Mason's shock at the CCCP low prices, the links also show you don't have to pay a lot to get a genuine Russian automatic or hand wind watch. ;)

Vostok Amphibian

Vostok Komandirskies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=sturmanskie&i=watches&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

https://www.russian-watches.info/russian-watch-brands/

https://www.poljot24.de/en/marken/vostok.html

https://www.maier-uhren.de/sturmanskie/

In that video Hammy posted with KR at Vostok, it looks like he's being interviewed for the distributor of VE in the UK, and he's over playing his CV, you know, I've got 30 years in the trade, doing what exactly? Certainly not watch manufacture.

Listening to Sally Jacks bellowing a monologue, giving the camera one of those maniacal stares, pointing fingers & all the hand & head gestures, during silk duvet show, about her Honesty, telling it like it is, wax lyrically about the duvet and IW products, champagne lifestyles on lemonade money, comparing cars and if you Beckham's car you'll want this duvet, quality silk at lemonade money, she considers it to be the Queens duvet, although she's not actually telling us the Queen sleeps under this duvet as she's doesn't know, however it's fit for a King or Queen, so this is definitely fit for YOU, check out your baskets. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, IW truly think the viewers are mindless idiots, although by the looks of it they are probably correct. :eek:

In that video Hammy posted with KR at Vostok, it looks like he's being interviewed for the distributor of VE in the UK, and he's over playing his CV, you know, I've got 30 years in the trade, doing what exactly? Certainly not watch manufacture.

Car boot sales/ market stall, or maybe he was in the packing and delivery side at some watch retailer/jeweler? :ROFLMAO: But yes, he certainly hasn't been heavily involved in watch manufacturing or design side for the 30 years before that video. Seems pretty clueless of watch making in that video.

It does look like his first contact with VE, and as i said, looking at his accounts at companies house, his business only seems to grown significantly from that point onwards. Before then, 2004 - 2015, his assets/stock had very slowly grown to the £10,000-£15000 range, after 2015 (with the connection to IW, VE and few others, it's grown up to £500,000 ball park.

Car boot sales/ market stall, or maybe he was in the packing and delivery side at some watch retailer/jeweler? :ROFLMAO: But yes, he certainly hasn't been heavily involved in watch manufacturing or design side for the 30 years before that video. Seems pretty clueless of watch making in that video.

It does look like his first contact with VE, and as i said, looking at his accounts at companies house, his business only seems to grown significantly from that point onwards. Before then, 2004 - 2015, his assets/stock had very slowly grown to the £10,000-£15000 range, after 2015 (with the connection to IW, VE and few others, it's grown up to £500,000 ball park.
He reminds me of one of those blokes who stood on street corners, and in car parks with a suitcase full of shonky watches:ROFLMAO:

These fashion shows are quite funny. :eek::)

Sally Jacks on leggings - "I love the black cause they elongate the legs, so if you're wearing black leggings, tights, you've got that elongation of the legs with them, and that's what so great about them."

Well Sally, sorry to say this, but having watched you a few times lately, black most certainly doesn't give an appearance of elongation to your legs.
I'm pretty sure that when you're smaller in height than even an ironing board, then no colour has a hope in hell of providing the appearance of elongation.
Just saying like it is. ;)

Last edited:
jPVtk9Ml.jpg

Model Lyn was put on the spot the other week when asked if she was going away

''errrr next holiday away is errr..... November, yes, I'm going to the Cotswolds'

Seems in fashion hours you need to be going away

The other day, with that awful coat and some sparkly trainers on, she said she'd just 'come back from a trip to the Cotswolds with the girls'

🙄

Model Lyn was put on the spot the other week when asked if she was going away

''errrr next holiday away is errr..... November, yes, I'm going to the Cotswolds'

Seems in fashion hours you need to be going away

The other day, with that awful coat and some sparkly trainers on, she said she'd just 'come back from a trip to the Cotswolds with the girls'

🙄

They tell so much porkies it's really hard for them to keep their stories straight, they always end up dropping themselves in it.

Another thing i'm noticing with the fashion shows, is the amount they must buy, everyone of them, models and presenters, is claiming they are buying this or that, in every show, they must have some massive clothes and shoe collections. I also like how, nothing is just nice, like this is a nice jumper or nice jacket, it's always, amazing, incredible, beautiful, stunning, about every superlative you could say, they say it. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and Shaun being on cloud nine when he's handling and presenting women's clothing, never seen a bloke so happy as he is on the fashion shows, the way he handles the items and talks about them, it's as though he's talking from experience :eek:, is quite weird, you really get the feeling that nothing would make him happier than wearing the stuff himself, maybe him and his partner are into a bit cross dressing. :unsure:

Shaun's mother buys loads, he buys loads for her, she's 80 this year. Hayley buys loads for her neighbour, not just clothes, knives too 😁. DeKnees buys two or three of every item in black and treats her daughters, from every show. The models buy everything too.

All highly believable 🙄 I wonder what's happened to Mandy Dingle? Haven't seen her in ages.

Shaun's mother buys loads, he buys loads for her, she's 80 this year. Hayley buys loads for her neighbour, not just clothes, knives too 😁. DeKnees buys two or three of every item in black and treats her daughters, from every show. The models buy everything too.

All highly believable 🙄 I wonder what's happened to Mandy Dingle? Haven't seen her in ages.

Yeah, every show seems to feature a product that is going to bought and will be perfect for a family member or friend, it's amazing how low they sunk that they are willing to use family and friends to sell their products. :ROFLMAO:

I saw on watchseekers forum, that TimeApps (Microbrand store owners) has acquired Bordell’s old company brand name, Page & Cooper, saw this post which is from a couple of months ago, which I thought, how apt it with Bordell on IW flogging Chinese watch and making out they are some stunning pieces of Horology. Of course it only mentions AVI-8 and Spinnaker, but Earnshaw, CCCP, Ballast, Fjord, Swiss Legend etc, all come from same Chinese Solar Time stable.

Quote from the post:-

One change you may notice will include moving Page & Cooper away from large Chinese factory brands like AVI-8 or Spinnaker and towards genuine microbrands. On the old web site, we were shocked to read "All watches offered by Page and Cooper come from ateliers which have been personally visited by us and invariably, have fascinating, little known stories behind them." This was clearly not the case!

That last few words just sums up the fraud totally, It’s no wonder he’s now a watch expert on IW, a perfect fit if you ask me. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/page-cooper-bankrupt-and-not-shipping-orders.5171187/page-2

I saw on watchseekers forum, that TimeApps (Microbrand store owners) has acquired Bordell’s old company brand name, Page & Cooper, saw this post which is from a couple of months ago, which I thought, how apt it with Bordell on IW flogging Chinese watch and making out they are some stunning pieces of Horology. Of course it only mentions AVI-8 and Spinnaker, but Earnshaw, CCCP, Ballast, Fjord, Swiss Legend etc, all come from same Chinese Solar Time stable.

Quote from the post:-

One change you may notice will include moving Page & Cooper away from large Chinese factory brands like AVI-8 or Spinnaker and towards genuine microbrands. On the old web site, we were shocked to read "All watches offered by Page and Cooper come from ateliers which have been personally visited by us and invariably, have fascinating, little known stories behind them." This was clearly not the case!

That last few words just sums up the fraud totally, It’s no wonder he’s now a watch expert on IW, a perfect fit if you ask me. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/page-cooper-bankrupt-and-not-shipping-orders.5171187/page-2
Very interesting post. I'd love to see the reaction of Peter S, Mike M etc if they did live phone-ins and if a caller slipped through during a watch show, asking 'So the watches are hand assembled ... in a huge Chinese factory?'

Con merchants.

So I'm confused to the watch that's supposedly not working, Noddy says simply wasn't time to find a working model, this is how the watch comes except it usually has a movement inside. Obviously won't work with the crown pulled out anyway, but I've a question for Martin, are you implying that there isn't a movement inside, and if so, then what the hell is holding the hands & crown in place?

Personally thinking he was to lazy to change the battery or is probably not capable of that little two minute task. ;):ROFLMAO:

Martin with his very best of the best in Swiss Timekeeping and comparing with top Swiss brand with watches in the thousands.

Oh well that's settled it, 3 IW collectors have messaged Martin they have the Neptune diver, with that recommendation it's a must buy. :ROFLMAO:

Strange he hasn't said all four corners yet. :(

You know there is nothing wrong with Swiss Military watches, they're ok for the price, decent watches, but the nonsense Martin comes out with just puts you right off the brand. It's a shame really, as they are an actual watchmaking brand producing decent affordable watches, unlike a lot of the crap IW sell, so there is absolutely no need for his over the top exaggerated sales pitch.

Latest posts

Back