Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When shopping telly was entertaining

I see Mason still not wearing a VE on his wrist. :ROFLMAO:

My Padi is wanting to hit the TV, it's embarrassed to be in the same room as these Shield Diver wannabe's.

IMG_20201018_222446_1-crop.jpg

Also on the Atlantis, here she goes again comparing crap with Swiss watches, that the build quality of the Atlantis, reminds her of her husbands Swiss watch, and it doesn't doesn't have the pro diver functionality of the Atlantis, but costs a lot of money.

Peter claims these watches are certificated and went to Switzerland for the certification. Bullshit, that's big fat lie, now way these watches have ever been in Switzerland let alone tested for Compliance to ISO 6425 standards. They wouldn't even pass and the cost would be too much for watches at this price range.

Peter Simon - "as a young man brought up in Hull, in the early parts of the 1950s i was on my own for considerables hours and days, but one xmas, from the land of green ginger and king billy, i was given a magic set, a magic set that was to change my life really." & "a sponge ball and cup when i was 5 at the start of the 50s"

Well if he was 5 in the early 1950s or start of the 50s, then that story is either fabricated nonsense, which i firmly believe, or our Peter is over 70, which i don't believe for one second.
As a child, I remember seeing him on Junior Showtime with the likes of Lonnie Bangford and Poole Family. This would be early '70s. I think Bonnie is late 50s now, so Simon must be a similar age. Why he makes himself out to be about 20 years older than he is, it is hard to say. I suppose he thinks it is amusing for some reason - part of whatever 'act' he thinks he is performing. But watching him and others on shopping television over the years, you get used to hearing complete fantasy dressed up as fact.

Also, in terms of the juggling balls etc. he was selling - I am sure I remember seeing that product on QVC back in the early 2000s. You know, in the days they sold things like rerecordings CDs and whippet food. Ending up on Ideal World must be by Kevin from the Premier League to the Conference in one season.

As a child, I remember seeing him on Junior Showtime with the likes of Lonnie Bangford and Poole Family. This would be early '70s. I think Bonnie is late 50s now, so Simon must be a similar age. Why he makes himself out to be about 20 years older than he is, it is hard to say. I suppose he thinks it is amusing for some reason - part of whatever 'act' he thinks he is performing. But watching him and others on shopping television over the years, you get used to hearing complete fantasy dressed up as fact.

Also, in terms of the juggling balls etc. he was selling - I am sure I remember seeing that product on QVC back in the early 2000s. You know, in the days they sold things like rerecordings CDs and whippet food. Ending up on Ideal World must be by Kevin from the Premier League to the Conference in one season.
Er.. That was meant to say going from the Premier League to the Conference. Not Kevin from the Premier League!!

Those outtakes in that video posted on the previous page. I see Mason's sole idea of jokes, is basically making sexual jokes about his female colleague. Now I have no doubt she probably didn't mind, as surely she would have complained about it? But could you imagine working in an office and making comments about it being cold and a woman nipples, or claiming one of your female colleagues had flattened a few beds?

Someone would be bound to take offence (possibly rightly so?) and you'd be right up the creek without a paddle before you knew it. And I can see why he now shaves his head. That wasn't a bald patch, it was a bald acre he had back then!

I saw a comment on Facebook from some woman who must have tuned in to the channel for the first time and had seen PS and started gushing at how she used to have a crush on him and that he hadn't changed a bit :sick:

And Peter says, if you buy it, you must tell everybody you have a Shield designed watch. :ROFLMAO:
This further proves who their target market is when it comes to watches. The bragger. The pub bore. The 'oh look at my expensive watch, I paid x for it' type of person. People that have a modicum of class don't talk about stuff like that, unless really pushed e.g. by mates etc. If someone said to me 'nice watch' I wouldn't then proceed to say 'thanks, it's a Rolex and cost me £8000.' I would simply say 'thanks.'

Anyways, if you did say 'it's a Shield designed watch' I'm confident 95+ % of people would reply with 'eh, who?'

Those outtakes in that video posted on the previous page. I see Mason's sole idea of jokes, is basically making sexual jokes about his female colleague. Now I have no doubt she probably didn't mind, as surely she would have complained about it? But could you imagine working in an office and making comments about it being cold and a woman nipples, or claiming one of your female colleagues had flattened a few beds?

Someone would be bound to take offence (possibly rightly so?) and you'd be right up the creek without a paddle before you knew it. And I can see why he now shaves his head. That wasn't a bald patch, it was a bald acre he had back then!

I saw a comment on Facebook from some woman who must have tuned in to the channel for the first time and had seen PS and started gushing at how she used to have a crush on him and that he hadn't changed a bit :sick:
You can tell Mike M thinks he's gods gift. The way he talks about women makes my skin crawl, and all this 'goddess' guff as well.

Peter Simon - "as a young man brought up in Hull, in the early parts of the 1950s i was on my own for considerables hours and days, but one xmas, from the land of green ginger and king billy, i was given a magic set, a magic set that was to change my life really." & "a sponge ball and cup when i was 5 at the start of the 50s"

Well if he was 5 in the early 1950s or start of the 50s, then that story is either fabricated nonsense, which i firmly believe, or our Peter is over 70, which i don't believe for one second.
I have inside info on this so don't tell anyone. Peter S was in fact born in the 1930's. He doesn't mention this as he isn't one for bragging. His youthful looks are thanks to using copious amounts of Elizabeth Grant. He bathes in it.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (Its a long thread :) ) but has anyone had this happen. I caught the show for the Bamix and have been after one for a while. They have it for a good price considering the accessories so figured I'd dive in seeing as it was with 4 flexi payments.

I sign into the website and stick one in my basket and my phone rings. It's a call from Idealworld asking if everything is ok and that I am not having any difficulties using the website to place the order I'm in the middle of making. I just found it a little bit creepy!?

Emma - "they've all gone through the rigorous criteria" :ROFLMAO:

Well, she's going on about them being practical for diving, ie so you know how long you have left in your oxygen tank and not being able to knock the crown so it alters that feature
I'm sure when P.S asked about the two crowns on one of the models she said one was for adjusting the time the other for the date as an easier method of altering them. No mention of the rotating inner compass bezel, so handy when diving lol. 🥴

I'm sure when P.S asked about the two crowns on one of the models she said one was for adjusting the time the other for the date as an easier method of altering them. No mention of the rotating inner compass bezel, so handy when diving lol. 🥴

The more she says the more she puts her foot in her mouth, she's nothing but a fraud. I doubt she even realised it had a compass bezel, or how it's used, especially on a diver's watch. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back