Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Forgot to say earlier in the show, Kev, must have went to the same school for history as James Fields, said, Brezhnev was the guy would put a stop to the Gaz 14 Limousine being built as part of perestroika, it was actually Gorbachev. Would have been a miracle if Brezhnev had managed such a feat as he would have had to do it from the grave.

I'm also confused with his story of why Vostok Europe is in Lithuania.

Rob- "Vostok, originally Russian, i mean Vostok in Russian actually means East."

Kev - "Yeah, Yeah, so they moved out of Christipol just outside of Moscow, then moved to Vilnius in Lithuania, because it was the closest, one of the closest EU cities, easiest to get materials in and watches out, so they all work there, 90% of the workforce went."

First of all it's Chistopol not Christopol as Kev pronounced it, & it's not just outside Moscow it's a 1000Km from Moscow, the whole point of moving was to keep it a safe distance away from the Germans as it was part of the Russian war effort.

As for the rest, is he saying 90% of Vostok workforce moved from Chistopol to Lithuania? So who is in Chistopol making all the Vostok watches? :ROFLMAO:

Igor actually gives a more accurate account of how Vostok Europe came about.

Rob- "Vostok, originally Russian, i mean Vostok in Russian actually means East."

Kev - "Yeah, Yeah, so they moved out of Christipol just outside of Moscow, then moved to Vilnius in Lithuania, because it was the closest, one of the closest EU cities, easiest to get materials in and watches out, so they all work there, 90% of the workforce went."

First of all it's Chistopol not Christopol as Kev pronounced it, & it's not just outside Moscow it's a 1000Km from Moscow, the whole point of moving was to keep it a safe distance away from the Germans as it was part of the Russian war effort.

As for the rest, is he saying 90% of Vostok workforce moved from Chistopol to Lithuania? So who is in Chistopol making all the Vostok watches? :ROFLMAO:

Try imagining that video with Peter Simon doing the voiceover .

What shows arent the Rob Locke shows when he’s around
I've got no time for him. I literally hopped on to IW last night and noticed he was doing a watch show with Kevin. He was mid story, talking about when he lived in the USA which is a rare thing for him to do. He was bragging about how he was friends with such and such and they gave him tickets for the American football or something. He was 5 rows back from the front and if you had to buy the tickets they would have cost thousands.

I can't remember what the point of the bragging name dropping story was, however when he reached the end, Kevin just kind of said 'oh right' and moved on. The collector guy does the same. Cause what are you supposed to say to these stories? 'Oh that's amazing!!!' ... 'Oh what an amazing life you've led Rob!!!'

In that sense he is like a real life Alan Partridge.

Needless to say I didn't watch the remainder of the show.

Thanks for posting, agreed, much more accurate account and quite interesting.

He said he normally does the ITV show and has to entertain a lot more.....why? I've never seen the ITV show

On the subject of ITV show, I was just looking at a freeview tv guide and IW on channel 22 seems to stop live shows at 12am. I don't have Freeview so don't know if that is the case. But on Sky the IW channel continues live shows after 12am as normal. I wonder if they think it's special is because their own channel doesn't the show live shows (only repeats) after 12am on freeview?
Seems a bit strange & confusing, as to what's the point in stopping the live show on your own channel on freeview, just so you can claim exclusively live on ITV, but still show it on your IW on Sky after 12 am, surely if it's exclusive to ITV then you'd stop your Sky channel transmitting live as well. Also by stopping your own channel on freeview after 12 means you denying those without Sky in Scotland watching the late shows as STV don't show it.

I've got no time for him. I literally hopped on to IW last night and noticed he was doing a watch show with Kevin. He was mid story, talking about when he lived in the USA which is a rare thing for him to do. He was bragging about how he was friends with such and such and they gave him tickets for the American football or something. He was 5 rows back from the front and if you had to buy the tickets they would have cost thousands.

I can't remember what the point of the bragging name dropping story was, however when he reached the end, Kevin just kind of said 'oh right' and moved on. The collector guy does the same. Cause what are you supposed to say to these stories? 'Oh that's amazing!!!' ... 'Oh what an amazing life you've led Rob!!!'

In that sense he is like a real life Alan Partridge.

Needless to say I didn't watch the remainder of the show.

It was the 2001 super bowl, I don't know why he comes out with half the stories as there is no relevance to the show, just seems like a bit of bragging and name dropping.
Also, at one point he had 40 watches in his collection, which may sound a lot to the average person, but to those of us seriously addicted to watch collecting, he's a mere part-timer. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for posting, agreed, much more accurate account and quite interesting.

Funny thing is Reynolds is there when this video was made, so why he doesn't comes out with the correct info is beyond me, he always gives the impression he's clued up on all the history of Vostok Europe, Mathey-Tissot, Sturmanskie etc, yet still manages to come out with rubbish at times.

Funny thing is Reynolds is there when this video was made, so why he doesn't comes out with the correct info is beyond me, he always gives the impression he's clued up on all the history of Vostok Europe, Mathey-Tissot, Sturmanskie etc, yet still manages to come out with rubbish at times.
I'm being semi-serious when I type this, I wonder if they think it's too lengthy and/or complex and/or political a story to get across to the average IW viewer, so they just come up with some condensed guff?

He said he normally does the ITV show and has to entertain a lot more.....why? I've never seen the ITV show
No, he WANTS to entertain a lot more cause for some reason he seems to think the ITV broadcast hours have less to do with selling. He's trying to convince himself and others it's more of an entertainment type show with some selling thrown in. No Rob, if the sales figures for the ITV hours were trending downwards, I'm sure IW would pull the plug ... no matter how 'entertaining' you think you're making it.

While he was doing the watches last night he was doing different speaking voices like he was using the time to audition 😁
On one level I feel for him, albeit just slightly. Although he had some success during his time in the States, he never hit the heights and is back on selly telly. I don't knock him for that, bills to pay and all that. However his frustration does come across quite frequently, evidenced by the way he often refers to shows he was in, people he knew, what he still hopes to achieve acting wise, saying how he used to do 'proper telly work' etc etc. Good luck to him and all that, however for me he needs to dial all that stuff down a fair bit when doing his selly telly hours.

I came to that conclusion too, doing his voices and translating Russian etc. It's like he's hoping some bigwig producer is watching selly telly:unsure: As if:ROFLMAO:
It's not unusual for him to do the Russian stuff. I'm sure one night he was boring, oops I mean enthralling the guest and viewers with a story of how, for a while, he was the 'go to actor' whenever producers were needing someone to play a Russian. Aye, ok then Rob, whatever you say ...

Latest posts

Back