Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This relates to TJC however just putting it here as that section doesn't get much traffic.

Channel hopping last night. They were selling faux fur slippers, looked pretty cheap and nasty. Ok, I get it's a 'reverse auction' channel, however the starting price for them was £99 a pair or buy all 5 for £500.

Ha Ha HAAaaa.

Needless to say they dropped to something like £9.99 a pair. Much of what IW do pricing wise is based on very little, however TJC takes it to a WHOLE new level :)

Thought IW was bad, but the TJC is worse, they are selling Eternity "luxury" watches, 4 colours, starting price was about £240 each or £1200 for all 4. I'm giving up now that they've reached £38 each, what a farce. Edit final price £20

They are cheap £20 watches. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and the clown (another conman) used a STEEL ruler to measure the diam of the watch case.

What's with the self promoting, rent a gob, not content with trying to get men to wear women's leggings now she wanting us to use fabulift as well. :eek: Sorry but from an older wrinkly guy, with bags under the eyes, i'm more than happy to age without covering my face with junk creams.:whistle: :ROFLMAO:

They must be paid well at IW, considering the amount of supplements and creams they claim to be buying and using, they must spend a fortune just on alleged health & skin care products. Proto-col, CBD, Pure HA, E Grant, Necta & Hive Honey, Fabulift, Jane Plan, to name a few, and that's before you even start with the layers of cosmetics.

And to think rent a gob claims to be watching her pennies in these hard times. :ROFLMAO:

And wish she would stop speaking about her girlies on social media. We get it you're an attention seeking nobody, that has found out that youtube, instagram, twitter (it's aptly named) etc is full of sad folk who need to follow an "influencer's" advice on how to live their sad lives, like followers in a cult.
When did society suddenly change and become unable to function without following the advice of a bunch of nobodies on Social media, it's truly scary, and a pathetic indictment of modern society, when some of them have millions of subscribers.
To the modern generation, ditch the attention seeking nobodies and make your own decisions on what to eat and what to buy and how to wear your clothes, you know it's really easy to do on your own. ;) :)

I watched a bit of Fabulift on ad breaks of The Cube. 'A grain of rice size is all you need for your whole face' said the heavily made up Carys. A grain of rice?? The woman was slavering her face with it and there's only 20ml in the tube, 4 teaspoons!

Rob LockE said it looked tinted. It looked a light tan colour. 'It will fade as it dries' said Carys. It didn't.

Also they showed the website page of the products with most having 2 stars max. Numpties!

What's with the self promoting, rent a gob, not content with trying to get men to wear women's leggings now she wanting us to use fabulift as well. :eek: Sorry but from an older wrinkly guy, with bags under the eyes, i'm more than happy to age without covering my face with junk creams.:whistle: :ROFLMAO:

They must be paid well at IW, considering the amount of supplements and creams they claim to be buying and using, they must spend a fortune just on alleged health & skin care products. Proto-col, CBD, Pure HA, E Grant, Necta & Hive Honey, Fabulift, Jane Plan, to name a few, and that's before you even start with the layers of cosmetics.

And to think rent a gob claims to be watching her pennies in these hard times. :ROFLMAO:
If you run a business you're in it to make money, so you will obviously look for additional ways to generate income. Fair enough. However it does make me laugh when I see cream brands doing a range of morning, lunchtime, evening and nighttime creams ... all to be used as part of your 'skin-care regime' because they all do vitally different things with their various mix of ingredients. Now, I don't doubt the various brands would counter me with their clinical trials (you know, the ones that involve 8.2 participants) and much science, however I'm convinced it's all cloak and mirrors i.e. guff. I'm also confident a basic good quality moisturiser will give just as good results (as other clinical trials and research into these creams have shown) however they obviously won't tell you this.

Sorry I digress. Back on topic, yes at this rate I'm sure we'll soon start to see the presenters getting physically younger. Come 2040 Peter S will be 30 years old with the body of a gladiator! ;)

I watched a bit of Fabulift on ad breaks of The Cube. 'A grain of rice size is all you need for your whole face' said the heavily made up Carys. A grain of rice?? The woman was slavering her face with it and there's only 20ml in the tube, 4 teaspoons!

Rob LockE said it looked tinted. It looked a light tan colour. 'It will fade as it dries' said Carys. It didn't.

Also they showed the website page of the products with most having 2 stars max. Numpties!
If you think about it logically (the skin that is) what do you think would be healthier for it? To use a good quality non-perfumed soap perhaps with a moisturiser if you have dry skin. Or to put on and off 5 different creams a day, including a cream to be slapped on overnight.

I would love to see a clinical trial using female and male twins, from age 16. Ensure each twin lives exactly the same life until they're 70. Same diet, same lifestyle, same everything. Have one use nothing but soap and moisturiser. Have the other use a multi-cream 'regime.' Then let's see how different (skin wise) they actually look.

If you run a business you're in it to make money, so you will obviously look for additional ways to generate income. Fair enough. However it does make me laugh when I see cream brands doing a range of morning, lunchtime, evening and nighttime creams ... all to be used as part of your 'skin-care regime' because they all do vitally different things with their various mix of ingredients. Now, I don't doubt the various brands would counter me with their clinical trials (you know, the ones that involve 8.2 participants) and much science, however I'm convinced it's all cloak and mirrors i.e. guff. I'm also confident a basic good quality moisturiser will give just as good results (as other clinical trials and research into these creams have shown) however they obviously won't tell you this.

Sorry I digress. Back on topic, yes at this rate I'm sure we'll soon start to see the presenters getting physically younger. Come 2040 Peter S will be 30 years old with the body of a gladiator! ;)

He's well on the way, have you not seen his six pack which he shows off when he doing the vibrapower shows. ;):ROFLMAO:

If you think about it logically (the skin that is) what do you think would be healthier for it? To use a good quality non-perfumed soap perhaps with a moisturiser if you have dry skin. Or to put on and off 5 different creams a day, including a cream to be slapped on overnight.

I would love to see a clinical trial using female and male twins, from age 16. Ensure each twin lives exactly the same life until they're 70. Same diet, same lifestyle, same everything. Have one use nothing but soap and moisturiser. Have the other use a multi-cream 'regime.' Then let's see how different (skin wise) they actually look.
Agree cheeky, it's all a huge money spinner, especially anti ageing stuff

Agree cheeky, it's all a huge money spinner, especially anti ageing stuff
'This cream is packed with the latest technology, including hydro-derma-micron-realignment particulates to ensure more surface bounce and flexibility to the skin. Apply the brunch cream after your breakfast cream but before your dinner cream. It's vitally important to use all 20 creams each day and in order, otherwise the peptizodes won't be activated and the rectizodes won't engage with your skins teptizodes. It's science ...'

BOG OFF!!!!!!!!!

:)

Hi everyone

My main summary would be Ideal World is just so boring these days, I don't necessarily subscribe to the view that the channel was "better" years ago (there was plenty of dire presenters/products then) I just don't get what way they are trying to present the channel?

QVC has the higher end up sewn up, TJC which I watch a lot of for all its faults has genuinely funny moments and especially of late have adapted brilliantly to the pandemic product line up and presenter wise plus have numerous and often entertaining interactions with viewers. Also, they react to demand if a watch/scarf/toy beauty is selling well they then offer another one. Ideal seems so structured at the end of the day if you want a vacuum you might buy one but if you have no interest you won't switch back as the next 40 minutes WILL be a vacuum whether they are selling well or not.

I have seen presenters who have left Ideal World who come across as different people elsewhere (Janice I have seen a few times presenting on Hochanda and she is very very good and seems popular) a complete contrast to my impression at Ideal.

I have Ideal on at the moment the show started 25 minutes ago the first thing the presenter said is "please send us your emails" Now either they are not getting any which seems unlikely or it is a just token "interaction" method or just said for habit.

A fascinating 45 minutes or so spent watching the Columbia vhatchez (as dear old Marcel Drucker used to say) show. Columbia? Didn’t Gerry and the Pacemakers used to record on that label? Even the style of the logo looked exactly like the one on some old 78s I used to own, including Simon Peter’s debut pressing from 1937 when he was billed as The Street Singer. How many watch brands have IW covered since watches became a key part of their act? There must be virtually an A to Z of them thread to be opened??

The watches er..timepieces..were all priced around the £100 mark. I’m not being rude, but that’s about what they looked like in terms of value, rather than the hundreds on each we were apparently saving. At least most had an Epson movement inside them, so you can also spend many unhappy hours trying to get them to recognise your WiFi network without success, before you chuck them out the window.

The guy (Neil, was it?) representing Columbia Reco..er..watches said he had many years of watch selling experience. He mentioned time with Timex. I have very fond memories of the school bully ripping my beloved Timex Wayfinder my mother had saved up 200 Green Shield stamps to get me, right off my wrist in the school playground back in 1973, followed by a good kicking. Being the headmaster, he should have known better.

Mick Mason mentioned he could inspect Neil’s wares only very briefly, just before the show, in the car park, because of C19 protocols. An intriguing picture of somebody opening a Joe Walker type jacket with numerous watches stitched into the lining emerged in fading light, just near Martyn Parker’s ‘E‘ reg Proton suddenly invaded my head. Anyway, on to the leather goods extravaganza...Marvellous.

That's right- Ideal World have created a twilight world where mass produced watches are coveted items.
The unintelligible in pursuit of the uninsurable.
We don't hear so much about the collectors club these days , where 'many of our top collectors' (are you there Shaun ?} are herded into the studio for an audience with Peter Simon and Igor.
I miss those days - I do hope Dave Loyden's multi thousand pound investment is appreciating nicely.

That's right- Ideal World have created a twilight world where mass produced watches are coveted items.
We don't hear so much about the collectors club these days , where 'many of our top collectors' (are you there Shaun ?} are herded into the studio for an audience with Peter Simon and Igor.
I miss those days - I do hope Dave Loyden's multi thousand pound investment is appreciating nicely.
He's still adding to his collection from 'his go to guy Kevin Reynolds'

It is strange that you don't hear much of the watch club these days, was heralded as a big deal when they launched it, you hear nothing about it these days. Most of the VTs they show of Loyden etc are the same old ones, doesn't seem to be any made recently. To me, Igor always looked bored & disinterested when he was on IW.
Yeah, it's sad that a lot seem to have been swayed into believing they are building a collection of highly desirable watches, every one an investment and future heirloom. I know not everyone can afford to spend much on collecting watches, but for around the same money or just a bit more, as they are spending on IW for the likes of Swan & Edgar, Reign, Shield, Heritor etc, they could actually put together a rather nice collection of affordable watches from the likes of Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio, Wenger, Tissot, Rotary, Bulova etc.
Loyden's collection must have cost a fair few thousand to assemble in the last few years, i would imagine the cost to insure them would have dropped substantially as they're value has plummeted. But i suppose at the end of the day if he is happy then that's all that counts to him. One thing that does annoy me though is his revues, they are more like sales pitches than actual revues, full of Peter Simon?Reynolds snippets like, "you can't go wrong, just buy it", "Buy this watch as it will be a collector item never to be repeated", "You have your money back guarantee So just buy it!!!", "just buy it you know it makes sense" and my fav "Kevin Reynolds is the go to guy".

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (Its a long thread :) ) but has anyone had this happen. I caught the show for the Bamix and have been after one for a while. They have it for a good price considering the accessories so figured I'd dive in seeing as it was with 4 flexi payments.

I sign into the website and stick one in my basket and my phone rings. It's a call from Idealworld asking if everything is ok and that I am not having any difficulties using the website to place the order I'm in the middle of making. I just found it a little bit creepy!?
yes this happened to me he other week when ordering the Tefal ingenio pans. Very strange. They must have a whole department keeping an eye on who's putting things in their basket then speed dialing them to get them to check out

Latest posts

Back