Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anyone noticed the constant seconds sub dial hand kept stopping then jumping forward on the ox blood watch? Sorry can't remember the name🤔 but was apparently inspired by Indigo Jones 🤣

They have just had My Pillow - the owner was a man who couldn't sleep properly , tried every pillow on the market ,even the most expensive ( sound familiar ? ) , then he had a dream Shona tells us.
The back story on this product is just as fake as the GX pillow one - the one with the daughter.
These stories are made up by marketing consultants.
Shona has adopted Creepy's habit of stroking or fondling the pillow or duvet whilst the co presenter is talking.
It makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Tjc have Phillip Mercier (blast from the past) on air this morning some shocking watches

only a tenner is the saving grace if there is one

James Fields, "thanks for having me" Peter Simon, " I haven't yet" hmm, smutty or what:unsure:
He's disgusting, an old letch. I channel hopped on last night and he was presenting clothing. They were doing mens underwear and a fit/toned model was modeling said underwear. Peter was doing that HIDEOUS thing he does pulling stupid gurning faces and licking his lips. Then he was shouting to females in the studio 'Ok <insert name here> you happy now, you've seen him, happy?!?'

Not only was he completely unprofessional, I also thought how wrong this would be deemed had it been a female model being drooled over in this manner whether by male or female presenters.

Bargain basement barrow boy presenters right enough ...

He said the red spot was 'lipstick'. He has a dressing room next to Shona with a hole in it.........then run out of ideas on what to say.

Somehow I believe he has a hole in it but didn't/doesn't want Shona next door.

Lipstick doesn't leave a dot like that. He had some brown stuff on his cuff last week. Dirty, disgusting old duffer!

Most probably. :LOL:

BTW he hasn't mentioned the Zeppelin bombing London tonight. :eek:
Without a word of a lie, I watched for just a few mins last night and (James?) did mention the Zeppelin. Something about the original store surviving two world wars and being bombed by a Zeppelin.

'This is where we take our design ethos and cues for this watch Peter ...'

Or words to that effect. What utter GUFF!!! What the heck has a department store being bombed during world wars got to do, even tenuously, with a faux-quality watch being sold on selly telly in 2020?!?

Idiots.

'Yes, my ancestors were early settlers in America. They were part of the first group of people to form what's known today as California. My grandfather was a renowned surgeon, credited with inventing what we know today as the hip replacement. And my mother was a renowned nurse, working in war torn countries across the world, saving hundreds of lives.

All of this feeds into the overall ethos of my company today. Our designs, our heritage is thanks to those people. This is why our mini table-top ovens are known as some of the best in the world ...'

Without a word of a lie, I watched for just a few mins last night and (James?) did mention the Zeppelin. Something about the original store surviving two world wars and being bombed by a Zeppelin.

'This is where we take our design ethos and cues for this watch Peter ...'

Or words to that effect. What utter GUFF!!! What the heck has a department store being bombed during world wars got to do, even tenuously, with a faux-quality watch being sold on selly telly in 2020?!?

Idiots.

Yeah, heard him say that in the later show, this is what I caught.

on the Itinerary watch – “Swan & Edgar survived two world wars as the store, and it even got raided by Zepplin raid, and even got hit by a bomb. So the Itinerary is effectively paying homage to this war time history, cause it has the complete calendar and that is what you want if you are going into the field of battle, a place which has furthered horology more than any place.”

Can't think of him saying anything more stupid, and he's come out with some beauties over the past year or so. :ROFLMAO:

Oh god, reading out an email from Romulus, just added 4 new watches to the 6 swan & Edgar i already own, They are exquisitely made. beautifully presented & always draw attention. Just awesome watches. :sick:

Sums up IW customers too a T, absolutely brain dead. :ROFLMAO:

Also like how he keeps claiming it's first layer of leather, the top grade you can get. I wonder if he realises that having genuine leather stamped on the back of the straps kinda screws up his claim. ;):LOL:

Last edited:
Hear his dad designed watches for premiership teams and The Red Devils 🤔
Maybe we are missing something here, seems nearly every aspect of the watches, according to Mr Fields is very expensive to achieve. Those little things like a curved crystal, textured dial or curved or stepped case, engraved case back etc. You only find on watches costing 1000's, I think not😕

I don't mean this with any disrespect to anyone that likes and/or owns this (taste is subjective) however IW were selling this last night and, in rose gold, it just looked cheap and tacky. Might have been the studio lighting but the rose gold looked like plastic!

Hear his dad designed watches for premiership teams and The Red Devils 🤔
Maybe we are missing something here, seems nearly every aspect of the watches, according to Mr Fields is very expensive to achieve. Those little things like a curved crystal, textured dial or curved or stepped case, engraved case back etc. You only find on watches costing 1000's, I think not😕

I don't know about the Red Devils, although Breitling did a watch for them years back, so it's a bit of a comedown if they've gone to Mr Fields senior to design a watch for them. ;)

As for the football, he’s been a director of about 46 companies in the last 30 years, almost all dissolved, only watch company he’s seems connected with in that time was Klaus Kobec, till it was dissolved in 2004, then the reincarnated Klause Kobec again from 2004 till 2010 when that iteration was dissolved, there is a new Klause Kobec brand, but that reincarnation is another belonging to Solar Time (Hong Kong) not connected to the Fields, although they could be suppliers of their watches.

Klause Kobec watches back in those days were, cheap alloy cased quartz watches, just a cheap fashion watch. Some football clubs did have watches made for them to sell in their club shops by Klause Kobec but they weren’t something you would brag about. I had one I got in a xmas present for my club, after a couple of years the plating was mostly gone and was through to the alloy and the quartz movement went not long after.

If any went to premier league teams then it must have been cheap watches for their shops.

He hasn’t been a director since the tax fiasco (£500,000 in unpaid tax) with the property company he was a director of.

I don't mean this with any disrespect to anyone that likes and/or owns this (taste is subjective) however IW were selling this last night and, in rose gold, it just looked cheap and tacky. Might have been the studio lighting but the rose gold looked like plastic!

Not the lights, it's just cheap plating and poorly done. If you look closely at most of their watches you can spot small blemishes on the cases, of course some of the marks will be the caused by the way IW handle them, but some of it is just poor quality manufacturing and quality control, same reason some of the hands fall off etc. ;):ROFLMAO:

I am sure I saw a clip of good old Harry Dashbourne on IW a few months back. I used to watch him and Paul Lavers selling things like Dr. Who police boxes and 1:24 scale plastic Ford Corsairs back in the early days of the channel. Lots of surreal faxes read out on the shows and a genuine unchecked and say what you like feel to it all back then. He was a good laugh was Gary. As was Paul. He (Paul) clearly realised the ridiculousness of it all and didn't mind showing it, unlike most presenting now.

Latest posts

Back