Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It doesn't look like DP is used to cameras the way he is constantly caught mid shot taking off a watch.

As much as he a pathetic presenter, I actually don't think it's purely his problem, think it's more to do with those at the other side of the cameras, as other presenters are often cut off in mid sentence, happens quite regularly. :ROFLMAO:

As much as he a pathetic presenter, I actually don't think it's purely his problem, think it's more to do with those at the other side of the cameras, as other presenters are often cut off in mid sentence, happens quite regularly. :ROFLMAO:
I don't see it from others as much as they seem to look for the camera shot. I don't think DP can multi task his earpiece and camera. For all his 30/40 years experience, he's appalling.

I don't see it from others as much as they seem to look for the camera shot. I don't think DP can multi task his earpiece and camera. For all his 30/40 years experience, he's appalling.

Oh i agree he is very poor, not just at camera shots/presence but also speaking, tidyness etc, but I do think the backroom staff are pretty amateurish, and they make him look even worse than he is, although that's not hard, but their continuity is very poor, they're continually cutting in early or maybe whoever is in the presenters earpiece is giving them them the warning of a cut away to late.

Interiors expert Shona, doing Dormeo this morning.

“we need three things as human beings, we need food, water and sleep.”

Why do they always forget we need oxygen first before we worry about the rest.

On to the rest of the show.

“Now if you’re thinking about the whole sleep solution, not just your mattress, well if I’m going to treat myself to a new mattress, especially with those prices, why don’t I get myself some new pillows. Well Dormeo make those too, perfect, perfect partner, a perfect match I would say and a special price.”

“David why are these a spooky shape?”

David – “these have been anatomically designed, to fit the shape of our head, blah blah,”

Shona makes comments over David’s sales pitch on the support benefits of the pillow – “Yeah”, “Right”, “you end up with two pieces of cotton”

David finishes with - “anatomic pillow, been specifically designed to give our head and shoulders the support that they need to get that good nights sleep and posture.”

Shona – “Brilliant, so that profiling is designed to get into the crook of the neck and give it support.” “and that combined with the latex you’ve got in the top of your mattress then it’s going to give you that alignment continuing through your body.”

“Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, perfect match there.”

Funny not a negative word to say about this pillow, yet just a few days ago on the My Pillow show and showing alternative pillows and pointing out negative features on them and that’s why you need to buy the my pillow, she was pointing out how this pillow would only be of benefit to third of us who had a shoulder/neck size that fits this moulded pillow.

Aye Shona, did you forget your advice, as an interiors expert, from a few days ago, or when you are in the presenter role you'll say anything, even if it contradicts what you said as an expert guest, to make a sale?:rolleyes:

Another thing I also laugh at, is with all these Solar Time Brands, the presenters says to the guest "tell us about this brands" and everytime the guest doesn't actually give any details about the brand behind these watches but instead always gives irrelevant story which is either related to the brands previous incarnation which it has no connection with or some silly story, which has nothing to do with the brand, which has inspired their watches.

Has any guest once mentioned, just once, that Solar Time (Hong Kong) is the Company behind many of these brands, Like the Dartmouth brands (Earnshaw, Duxot, Ballast, Spinnaker, AVI-8) and of course CCCP, Nubeo, Swiss Eagle etc?

What is going on with Paul Becque's hair ?
It looks like he has joined some lunatic cult that refuses to get a haircut.

I guess it’ll only be a matter of time before he’s sporting a ponytail or man bun, particularly as we’re heading for another lockdown so barbers’ etc will be shut.

Dawn Wheeler over at Create and Craft is a trained hairdresser and cuts most of there presenters hair for free.

Maybe Paul needs to speak to Dawn.

Jess Woods was on Create and Craft this afternoon gave out the item numbers and prices, but apart from that let the guest carry on.

Nigel May said he was so impressed he said he was gonna lock the doors, so she couldn’t return to the Dark Side as he put it

Jonathan on the watches being Limited Edition - "These are hand made watches so they can't make hundreds and hundreds and hundreds."

Rubbish, being Limited edition has nothing to do with being hand made, they can make thousands if they wanted too, it's Solar Time that makes them they're a big watch manufacturer.

BTW

If any is thinking of buying from IW, they have their cut price outlet on ebay where watches that have been returned by customers at a reduced price (well not reduced by much). ;)

Last edited:
Dawn Wheeler over at Create and Craft is a trained hairdresser and cuts most of there presenters hair for free.

Maybe Paul needs to speak to Dawn.

Jess Woods was on Create and Craft this afternoon gave out the item numbers and prices, but apart from that let the guest carry on.

Nigel May said he was so impressed he said he was gonna lock the doors, so she couldn’t return to the Dark Side as he put it
Saw this

She is very very good as I said last week

She should be on QVC's next shortlist she is a level or two above most on this channel

Tell you one thing I like about IW, is that they seem oblivious to the fact that when they zoom into the watches it shows off in total clarity, normal glancing at your watch you don't notice, the imperfections and poor/rough finishing on the hands, movements, case and dials.:)

Latest posts

Back