Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

t

Not sure why people refer to the start price on TJC so much the presenters very regularly say it is computer generated

This watch sold at 69.99 (I think) which seemed reasonable enough
'reverse auction' guff, nothing more or less. I watched a couple of weeks back and they were selling very cheap looking slippers. They started at something stupid (in the hundreds) and eventually sold for under £20!

I notice how these jewelry channels love to bleat on about the price of gold, diamonds, rubies etc etc, regularly talking about things that cost in the thousands, with price comparisons where possible (although they always put 'not a direct comparison' on screen, MMmm I wonder why.)

So they bleat on and on and on about big sums of money, the rarest of pieces sold to kings and queens ... then eventually they put the price up of the ring or whatever they're selling. Usually a few tenners, lol.

As we say about IW viewers, I pity anyone that buys from these channels thinking they're getting a £1,000 ring for £29.99!!!

Oh here's the Interiors Expert with the My Pillow. And what's that i see leaning against her chair, oh it's one of those memory foam profile molded pillows she was selling yesterday, which she tonight is saying is only suitable for 30% of the population who's shoulder width is the right size and is no use for the other 70%. I'm confused Shona, as yesterday you didn't have a negative word to say against that pillow, in fact from yesterday

Shona – “Brilliant, so that profiling is designed to get into the crook of the neck and give it support.” “and that combined with the latex you’ve got in the top of your mattress then it’s going to give you that alignment continuing through your body.”

“Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, perfect match there.”

Why no mention of it's only suitable for 30% and not suitable for the other 70%?

Looks like as well as the usual suspects for watch week, we'll have a couple of New to the channel brands.

Fiyta & Eterna, although, like many of the watches on IW, they are Chinese owned brands, at least there is a big difference with these two and a lot of the Chinese owned brands on IW.
Eterna, which is now owned by the Chinese (Citychamp group), still operates and are made in Switzerland, and is classed as an entry level luxury Swiss brand. they don't have a huge range, but really do like their heritage watches. I have their Limited Edition Heritage Military Watch which is a modern update of their 1939 military watch. So a decent brand to show.
Eterna Heritage Military 1939 Collection (Cal ETA 2824-2) (2)-crop1.jpg

Fiyta are a big Chinese watchmaking brand, so for once well see Chinese watches from an actual Chinese brand, probably hear them mention "made in China" for the first time, long overdue. :)

So a thumbs up to IW for a change, but no doubt they'll spoil it with idiotic/over the top sales patter. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I never watch the channel so can't comment on what presenters usually say, but from just flicking over if I didn't know better, I would be assuming i'm looking at a £500 watch reduced to £70 so must be getting a bargain. If it's just computer generated what's the point of it?

For entertainment value as it is stated at least six times an hour

Tbf I would say in years back now they regularly used to refer to the start price now they never use it as a value marker

One presenter who would be much better suited to Ideal or probably not even that level is Lindsey Gundersen.

Very early this morning she is urging people to buy an HD camera because "it is lockdown 2.0 tomorrow" (does this impact people's ability to buy online or from Tjc?)

She is very very close to the line regularly and her explanation of the money-back guarantee on certain products "love it or your money back" her favourite saying has prompted many complaints from me but of course, they fall on deaf ears.

Just in case anybody thinks I am a TJC apologist.

Looks like as well as the usual suspects for watch week, we'll have a couple of New to the channel brands.

Fiyta & Eterna, although, like many of the watches on IW, they are Chinese owned brands, at least there is a big difference with these two and a lot of the Chinese owned brands on IW.
Eterna, which is now owned by the Chinese (Citychamp group), still operates and are made in Switzerland, and is classed as an entry level luxury Swiss brand. they don't have a huge range, but really do like their heritage watches. I have their Limited Edition Heritage Military Watch which is a modern update of their 1939 military watch. So a decent brand to show.
View attachment 19830
Fiyta are a big Chinese watchmaking brand, so for once well see Chinese watches from an actual Chinese brand, probably hear them mention "made in China" for the first time, long overdue. :)

So a thumbs up to IW for a change, but no doubt they'll spoil it with idiotic/over the top sales patter. :ROFLMAO:
Might give it a coat of looking at, for entertainment purposes only of course:cool::ROFLMAO:

Might give it a coat of looking at, for entertainment purposes only of course:cool::ROFLMAO:

Of course, but will be interesting to see how they present Eterna, which is an older brand than Mathey-Tissot, heck it's even older than Kev & Peter's ages added together. :eek::ROFLMAO:
Although it doesn't mention it on their web site yet, Eterna must be on their Monday night show, with Bordell no presenter listed yet though, but both Mason & Simon are on for the rest of the this week so probably be an over excited Shaun, so likely not much fun and faux pas. We'll probably get some hilarity though when Miss Precision is on, again nothing in the schedule, but they've got a bigger range than normal of Heritor and Morphic heirlooms on their web site, and although Kev has said no more shows/last chance before xmas etc, on the last few shows, judging by the amount of VE and Mathey-Tissot watches loaded into the IW system there has to be a show featuring those two brands. :ROFLMAO:

Oh here's the Interiors Expert with the My Pillow. And what's that i see leaning against her chair, oh it's one of those memory foam profile molded pillows she was selling yesterday, which she tonight is saying is only suitable for 30% of the population who's shoulder width is the right size and is no use for the other 70%. I'm confused Shona, as yesterday you didn't have a negative word to say against that pillow, in fact from yesterday

Shona – “Brilliant, so that profiling is designed to get into the crook of the neck and give it support.” “and that combined with the latex you’ve got in the top of your mattress then it’s going to give you that alignment continuing through your body.”

“Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, perfect match there.”

Why no mention of it's only suitable for 30% and not suitable for the other 70%?
Whilst we shouldn't be surprised at their sales tactics, I agree it's annoying. Over the years, when they've been selling the molded pillows, I GUARANTEE they'll rarely if ever have mentioned 'not suitable for everyone'. More likely is they'll have said those pillows are suitable for everyone.

View attachment 19830

That's my kind of watch. Simple lines, not over-stated, not shouty.

0 out of 10 for a black second hand on a black dial, I didn't even notice it at first. :(

It's not black it's gold, was just the angle and lightening on the day I took that pic. probably should have used this wrist shot one. It's just one of those watches, which can be hard to get a good accurate picture of and never quite look as good as they do in the flesh, I never have a problem seeing the hands but the cameras is another story. :)

135.Eterna 'Heritage Military 1939 Collection' (Cal ETA 2824 2).jpg

Last edited:
Whilst we shouldn't be surprised at their sales tactics, I agree it's annoying. Over the years, when they've been selling the molded pillows, I GUARANTEE they'll rarely if ever have mentioned 'not suitable for everyone'. More likely is they'll have said those pillows are suitable for everyone.

Of course that's the trouble when you over egg the quality of a product, by claiming it's the best while pointing out flaws in alternatives, this comes back to haunt you, especially if you also sell the alternatives.

It's a bit like Simon Iles and his demo with Beldray hard floor cleaner and the why you shouldn't use a mop which once it touches a floor is dirty so you're only spreading the dirt, yet lately he's had the new Beldray floor cleaner & Polisher, which is essentially a spinning mop, so tehe argument about the mop being dirty on first use and spreading the dirt should apply to new Beldray as well, but somehow it doesn't.

Last couple of days Create and Craft, have had Jess Woods and Sally Jacks doing shifts, both Mainly Sally, have come over less frantic on Create and Craft, give out the details, but then just let the guest carry on, ages back Peter S done a couple of hours and was relaxed.

it seems when They are on Ideal World, they have to be not natural

Just watching the watch show presented by Rob Locke. He is a class act in this field. A league above the rest of them on the channel. Same old BS but done in a more superior and interesting way.

Latest posts

Back