Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dirty Peter is selling a Treadmill, which he’s gonna buy. He says : -

‘“I can put this in the Conservatory. Well, the Front Room, I haven’t got a Conservatory”

WTF is he on?
Regarding "what is he on?" - we have spent a long time on this forum asking that question and haven't come up with an answer yet🤪!!!

Just watching the watch show presented by Rob Locke. He is a class act in this field. A league above the rest of them on the channel. Same old BS but done in a more superior and interesting way.

Sorry, I can’t just stand the guy, Locke with an e, yeah there was not some of the crap & rubbish that Peter Simon, Mason etc come out with, and for the show while he may be more sedate and a seem to have a bit more professional presenting style, we still had one half of the Wallace & Gromit duo, Mr loaded into the System, coming out with his usual nonsense.

Didn’t watch the show live, I actually turned off well before when Locke was doing the blue magic show.

But watching the show on youtube, and we still have the wrong price on screen rubbish, and a beat the clock prices where almost all of watches are the same prices they were on the watch shows a week ago (and before), and others especially the one where he can’t believe the price at £189 + £8.99 p&p (normally he’s says bracelet could cost up to £69 more, yet their normal prices it’s only a £10 difference) you can get from the US for approx £150 and that includes delivery & duty.

For me anyway, the presenter could be the best ever in professional delivery, but if the guest and the content (watch & brand Information) is rubbish and dodgy sales tactics then it's still not interesting, just becomes boring and even less entertaining than the usual hilarious watch shows.
If IW watch shows want to become interesting and taken seriously (not entertainment), they need to reign in the guests and presenters from spouting absolute nonsense and start telling honest and factual detailed info on the Brands and the watches they sell. Mr Loaded into the System is one of the better ones, be even he's delving more & more into the twilight zone, probably Simon & Mason have rubbed off on him too much.:ROFLMAO:

Rob Locke, on the heater show last night, he opened it up I’m Rob Locke with a E, then he said something like you will need these during Lockdown 2.

But he called it LockEdown

All the presenters seem to be in a, must mention lockdown and how it can be used to sell the product. Which is getting a bit boring, seeing as where i live is not part of this lockdown.

Tuned in last night about 10 mins before the watches and Rob Locke was on with the Irish bloke selling Heating solutions stuff. Towards the end, Locke says i tell it like it is, not some smarmy bloke in a nice suito_O Well if looks could kill, the Irish bloke was speechless. I'll bet words were exchanged as the camera went off:ROFLMAO:

Tuned in last night about 10 mins before the watches and Rob Locke was on with the Irish bloke selling Heating solutions stuff. Towards the end, Locke says i tell it like it is, not some smarmy bloke in a nice suito_O Well if looks could kill, the Irish bloke was speechless. I'll bet words were exchanged as the camera went off:ROFLMAO:

When you say Irish guy, was it Peter V, the award winning EastEnders actor and the Northern Hemisphere’s foremost authority on Ceramic heating, that Irish guy?

When you say Irish guy, was it Peter V, the award winning EastEnders actor and the Northern Hemisphere’s foremost authority on Ceramic heating, that Irish guy?
Don't know his name as I generally don't watch the other shows, but he's got a beard, grey/black hair.

Don't know his name as I generally don't watch the other shows, but he's got a beard, grey/black hair.

Yeah, that's Peter voulevant, their go to expert guru. We have Emma "Miss Precision" Boydell, James "Zepplin" Fields etc as experts for watches, Peter V is their equivalent for electrical appliances and technology. :ROFLMAO:

BTW another World exclusive tonight for Vostok Europe, thought it was a new watch but doesn't look like it, just an existing watch with a bracelet instead of a strap. So no doubt IW VE collectors will be buying a watch they already own just for the different strap. IMO they would be better off waiting a few weeks and buying the new strap/bracelet from the German distributor.

This is where the German and American distributors of VE are way better than we have. In the UK you have to buy another watch to get the different look, yet other distributors abroad all sell a huge range of straps so you can have a different look without having to buy the watch again. I notice one of the top collectors has more than one of a certain watch, just cause it was sold with a different strap, now if watchbase or IW was same as the other distributors they would either have their own web site with a stock of the straps to buy or get IW to stock a huge range of straps too, but they don't.

Ah good ol' Pete V. Jack of no trades. He was also an art expert, with the painter of light art. He knew his stuff with hoovers. Heaters. Phones. I could go on..
Given he's such an expert across so many fields, he should leave IW. I'm sure in industry he could command earnings of millions a year advising various brands on how good their products/services are and how they could improve.

Sorry, I can’t just stand the guy, Locke with an e, yeah there was not some of the crap & rubbish that Peter Simon, Mason etc come out with, and for the show while he may be more sedate and a seem to have a bit more professional presenting style, we still had one half of the Wallace & Gromit duo, Mr loaded into the System, coming out with his usual nonsense.

Didn’t watch the show live, I actually turned off well before when Locke was doing the blue magic show.

But watching the show on youtube, and we still have the wrong price on screen rubbish, and a beat the clock prices where almost all of watches are the same prices they were on the watch shows a week ago (and before), and others especially the one where he can’t believe the price at £189 + £8.99 p&p (normally he’s says bracelet could cost up to £69 more, yet their normal prices it’s only a £10 difference) you can get from the US for approx £150 and that includes delivery & duty.

For me anyway, the presenter could be the best ever in professional delivery, but if the guest and the content (watch & brand Information) is rubbish and dodgy sales tactics then it's still not interesting, just becomes boring and even less entertaining than the usual hilarious watch shows.
If IW watch shows want to become interesting and taken seriously (not entertainment), they need to reign in the guests and presenters from spouting absolute nonsense and start telling honest and factual detailed info on the Brands and the watches they sell. Mr Loaded into the System is one of the better ones, be even he's delving more & more into the twilight zone, probably Simon & Mason have rubbed off on him too much.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah Rob LockE doesn't do it for me either. Caught some of him presenting the watch show and he said along the lines of (when comparing Vostok to other brands):

'I mean it's like having a Bentley parked alongside a Rolls Royce. Okay, the Bentley's a nice enough car, but the Rolls will always be a Rolls, know what I mean?'

To which Kevin nods his head, probably thinking 'eh?' Cr*p analogy. Bentley and Rolls are aimed at different demographics. I'd have a Bentley over a Rolls any day of the week. I know what he was driving at (pardon the pun) but yeah, whatever ...

Given he's such an expert across so many fields, he should leave IW. I'm sure in industry he could command earnings of millions a year advising various brands on how good their products/services are and how they could improve.
Check out your baskets.

He should definitely leave. Check out your baskets.

Only millions? Check out your baskets.

Right, I will quit now.

Mason said last night that when he was on holiday last year, many people commented on his Vostok. Now he's said since he got it 3 months ago after his 2 year wait, people ask him about it?
So which is it Mike 🤣

Mason said last night that when he was on holiday last year, many people commented on his Vostok. Now he's said since he got it 3 months ago after his 2 year wait, people ask him about it?
So which is it Mike 🤣
Also on the subject of Mike and his vanishing Vostok(s), tonight he said something about having 4 Vostok watches, but then he was talking about the watch being sold and used the word 'had', implying the past tense for that particular type of watch. So if he actually did own one but then sold or gave it away, it wasn't good enough for Mike? :)

The Vostok Europe shows are very boring now, same rubbish every time, last time/last chance to get, then it turns out to be last time for a couple of months.
And world exclusive watches, when in reality it's just a new bracelet on an existing watch.
And fed up with the false impression they give with the GTLS tubes.
On a show earlier today Hayley was showing off a Traser with GTLS tubes (same as they’ve just done with the VE watches)and showing you how it will look on your bedside cabinet during the night – “No need to put the light on, no need to have a torch, no need to look at your phone.”

Kev – “Hayley’s got the big torch, and I only thought about this earlier on, I had a phone call with Christian (Traser), he sending us, we will receive on Monday a couple of hundred of the smaller photon tubed torches. You will with this purchase receive a UV torch made by Traser, and that will illuminate your watch in the same way.”

A question, if this is how it will look in the dark, with no need for lights, torch or phone, why are you shinning a torch on it and why are you giving UV torches away with it? ;)

Now we're on to Renault, Peter Simon says best price he's seen, 7.5 litres for £24.99 and The smiling assassin agrees with him, which is strange cause they were selling 2 x 5 litres for the same price a couple of weeks ago, plus they had a special when they first did Renault and it was £20 for 10 litres.

They just can't go through a show without lying or deceiving folks.

Just remember all they are saying about Renault tonight and wait for a Williams show. ;)

Last edited:
So which is it Mike 🤣

Think he was speaking about the Mr Grey Almaz, he has mentioned that one before with his holiday story, from listening to him, he seems to have 4 VE watches, A lunokhod, a mr grey Almaz and the blue dial rose gold Almaz it's taken him 3 years to get, don't know his fourth one though.

Also on the subject of Mike and his vanishing Vostok(s), tonight he said something about having 4 Vostok watches, but then he was talking about the watch being sold and used the word 'had', implying the past tense for that particular type of watch. So if he actually did own one but then sold or gave it away, it wasn't good enough for Mike? :)

Didn't listen to that bit, but one thing for sure is his Vostok Europe watches aren't good enough to wear on IW, cause he's never seen him wearing one, the only watch he seems to wear is his omega. The only person that wears a VE on IW is Alan Ennis, although it's hard to see what's on folks wrist, the only other brands I recognise on wrists are the like of Longines, Rolex, Omega and Cartier, don't see any presenters wearing the Luxury brands like Swan & Edgar, Reign, Morphic, Earnshaw, CCCP, Nubeo etc.
Of course some of the watch guests are wearing watches they are flogging, but that'll probably just be a bit more advertising of the product, rather than their daily wear. ;)

Latest posts

Back