Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One other thing, I've been watching their watch weeks for a few years now, there has been a few, and I've yet to hear who wins the big prize, has anybody ever heard them announce who the winner of these big Vostok Europe giveaways are?

Was thinking the same , I am sure these competitions have rules where they have to announce the winner somewhere, never hear a peep

Hayley can't help herself

"Now we are going for a 2-minute silence, remember to check out your baskets and buy the product whilst we are away"

Have a word with yourself, I know a lot of the time it is just automated talking but still..

They've no shame, as i've said many times it's all about getting the sale, they don't care if they lie or give wrong info etc, honesty and respect for the customer doesn't exist at IW, just get a sale at any cost.

I see their live stream is offline on their web site and youtube, wonder if that's to stop people looking back and seeing that embarrassing moment.

It didn't come across as particularly "selly" more just she is so used to saying it 25 times a show she couldn't help herself

Least I hope it was that

It didn't come across as particularly "selly" more just she is so used to saying it 25 times a show she couldn't help herself

Least I hope it was that
Nah, I wouldn't give any (professional) presenter the benefit of the doubt on this. She SHOULD have simply said something like 'And now we're going to observe the 2 minute silence ...'

Shaun harping on about the savings.

First watch is £899.99 will go up to £2000, you can get it from Jomashop (Inc taxes & Duty) for £500.

Eterna are a good brand, some nice watches, as i said before like some of their heritage range, but hunt around and you'll find good deals for their watches, although they are a good brand with good quality watches, unfortunately they're not the biggest sellers, probably why IW have ended up with them and why there are good prices to be found. ;)

If I were in the market for one of these, it would be a choice between the 1948 Legacy and the Kontiki diver 😎

Shaun harping on about the savings.

First watch is £899.99 will go up to £2000, you can get it from Jomashop (Inc taxes & Duty) for £500.

Eterna are a good brand, some nice watches, as i said before like some of their heritage range, but hunt around and you'll find good deals for their watches, although they are a good brand with good quality watches, unfortunately they're not the biggest sellers, probably why IW have ended up with them and why there are good prices to be found. ;)
This is why I wonder what the future holds for selly telly when it comes to some of the items they sell. If you think about people in their 20's, 30's and maybe 40's they will be more used to automatically checking Google for price comparisons before they buy something (whether from selly telly or elsewhere) over those in their 50's and beyond. As the years roll by, more and more of their viewers will therefore fall into the 'I'll check prices on Google' bracket. So, taking the above show and pricing as an example, my theory is they'll get away with the over inflated RRPs etc less and less because it'll be second nature for most viewers to check the Internet first.

This is why I wonder what the future holds for selly telly when it comes to some of the items they sell. If you think about people in their 20's, 30's and maybe 40's they will be more used to automatically checking Google for price comparisons before they buy something (whether from selly telly or elsewhere) over those in their 50's and beyond. As the years roll by, more and more of their viewers will therefore fall into the 'I'll check prices on Google' bracket. So, taking the above show and pricing as an example, my theory is they'll get away with the over inflated RRPs etc less and less because it'll be second nature for most viewers to check the Internet first.

Agree, and there is also the problem that younger folk tend to go more for smartwatches & phones, rather than future heirlooms, although they can start selling these more, they won't be seeling them at £5000 a time. ;)

BTW

If Kev Reynolds is reading, you may want to rephrase your claim that the Lunokhod is the only watch in the world with Vertical GTLS tubes. ;)

Oh look vertical GTLS tubes.

Latest posts

Back