Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They wouldn't get a gig there Paul

For all it is more fun than the other channels, the schedules and the re arranging of sells during real-time tells you they are very sales orientated (like they should be)

Has Sally Jacks got an English civil war re-enactment to go to after work?

Her blouse is looking distinctly 17th century?!

That's interesting as I saw her lunchtime flogging a pillow and wondered what she was wearing. She was sitting down so I never got the full effect but I thought she was wearing fancy dress onesie!
That's exactly what I thought Mutters!

Jim's on the ball tonight

"Absolutely, Swiss watchmaking in general, is the absolute pièce de résistance if you like, the top echelons of watchmaking world wide and that's why it's always so well esteemed. But Ruben and Sons, the MD3G is really beautiful Swiss 3 hand calendar automatic, very simple but beautifully crafted automatic timepiece."

Very well put Jim, but a helluva lot of words when you could have simple said the MD3G is a Ruben & Sons clone of the Miyota 8215, right down to using Citizens Parashock anti-shock system. :)

Has Sally Jacks got an English civil war re-enactment to go to after work?

Her blouse is looking distinctly 17th century?!

Was just checking Sky Cinema this morning and today's' premier is fanny lye deliver'd, and whoa, thought this is where Sally must have got the style from. :ROFLMAO:

81vOSo+EhEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Before I type this let me say I get it, they're selly telly channels with the sole purpose of selling folk as much stuff as possible. However, I chuckled to myself when watching a few mins of C&C the other night. The demo person was making a card. So she starts with the basic card shape. Then, she proceeds to cover 95% of the front with another large piece of card in a different colour, creating a frame type effect. Then, she proceeds to cover 95% that piece with yet another piece of another colour.

On the one hand fine, it creates a nice looking tiered effect. On the other, call me cynical if you like, they're ensuring with many of their designs that copious amounts of card is used. In this example yes, you end up with a thin double type frame effect, however you've used 3 large pieces of card to achieve it, with 95% of the product hidden.

They're also crafty, pardon the pun, in not mentioning how much printer ink you'll need to buy to print off designs they sell you on a USB stick.

Regarding the paper yes it is used to show crafters what they can make.

I often watch C&C for hours so this isn’t me digging.

But 98% percent of the cards made on the channel, must be chucked in the bin, as nothing is Done with them.

They used to have Cup o Chance, where viewers would email in, and they would go In a massive cup, at the end of every hour, the presenter would draw a email out, and that person would win a card, about 18 Months ago that stopped, the only cards given away now, are when you have the presenters who have been on there for years like, Andy, Loen, Nigel, Dan give a way a card on there Facebook page.

How much ink u could use with there USB have never been mentioned, all they say is you have these designs for life.

They also sell USBs where you can build things using construction board, but they never tell you how much of it will need.

Literally lol at Mike M selling heaters last night. They WILL insist on talking about thermostats as though they're some kind of dark art. He gave us a very useful scenario (note I'm being sarcastic!) of having all 3 heaters they were selling (small medium large) in one of their virtual rooms. Mike then extolled along the following lines:

'I know what you're thinking, this room would be like a sauna, right?!? 3 heaters on at the same time, too hot, right?!? No, and here's why. If you have them all set to 22 degrees, as soon as the room reaches that temperature ... THEY'LL ALL SENSE THAT AND SWITCH OFF!!! So the room will only ever get to 22 degrees!'

No sh1t Sherlock! I'd never have guessed heating devices with built-in thermostats would turn themselves off when the desired temperature is reached. I'd have thought they'd stay on until the temperature was 66 degrees, cause 3 heaters x 22 degrees = 66 degrees. Thanks for clearing that up for me Mike.

We really would be lost without their expert advice and insight.

Regarding the paper yes it is used to show crafters what they can make.

I often watch C&C for hours so this isn’t me digging.

But 98% percent of the cards made on the channel, must be chucked in the bin, as nothing is Done with them.

They used to have Cup o Chance, where viewers would email in, and they would go In a massive cup, at the end of every hour, the presenter would draw a email out, and that person would win a card, about 18 Months ago that stopped, the only cards given away now, are when you have the presenters who have been on there for years like, Andy, Loen, Nigel, Dan give a way a card on there Facebook page.

How much ink u could use with there USB have never been mentioned, all they say is you have these designs for life.

They also sell USBs where you can build things using construction board, but they never tell you how much of it will need.
I'd hazard a guess most viewers have inkjet printers. Given many of the designs have much of the page covered, you'd use copious amounts of ink if making more than just a few cards.

The only thing they respect is 'the basket' and ensuring buyers check out asap.

They certainly don't respect the viewers that for sure. Just a bunch of lying conmen the lot of them.
Two prime examples, Peter V and Mason on just now with the ceramic radiator, as Peter V would say, the nonsense, rubbish and outright lies being spouted defies logic. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back