Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shona on this morning selling fur coats ...

'I've bought this, I've bought this!'

Who actually gives a f...

OOoooh, the presenter has (not) bought this product, that therefore means it must be awesome and I should therefore buy one, even though I don't need it. Your sales ploy has worked it's magic on me, NOT!

Literally lol at Mike M selling heaters last night. They WILL insist on talking about thermostats as though they're some kind of dark art. He gave us a very useful scenario (note I'm being sarcastic!) of having all 3 heaters they were selling (small medium large) in one of their virtual rooms. Mike then extolled along the following lines:

'I know what you're thinking, this room would be like a sauna, right?!? 3 heaters on at the same time, too hot, right?!? No, and here's why. If you have them all set to 22 degrees, as soon as the room reaches that temperature ... THEY'LL ALL SENSE THAT AND SWITCH OFF!!! So the room will only ever get to 22 degrees!'

No sh1t Sherlock! I'd never have guessed heating devices with built-in thermostats would turn themselves off when the desired temperature is reached. I'd have thought they'd stay on until the temperature was 66 degrees, cause 3 heaters x 22 degrees = 66 degrees. Thanks for clearing that up for me Mike.

We really would be lost without their expert advice and insight.

I replied to your earlier post before i got to this one.

Yeah watching the repeat this morning, speaking to the viewers as though were all F****** idiots. Also a bit similar to your point with the cost of ink, you notice they never mention the running costs of these heaters, running a few of those 2000w heaters won't be cheap. Oh and i've still not found new homes developments in Peterborough with Ceramic Heating.

Funnily enough did a little experiment the other day, although didn’t post at the time but seems appropriate after these shows , just to see about Peter “Techy expert” Voulevant’s claim about water radiators cooling/loosing heat faster than ceramic. Of course Ceramic will heat up faster just like any electrical heater, but it was the cooling down bit I concentrated on as he made a big point out of storing heat longer.

Anyway using his graphs, which are show every so often during the shows, and my own radiators that had been on for 30 minutes, and of course his figures will be slightly different as they were doing a test without a thermostat, whereas mine was set for an ideal temp in the room it was in, so his will have higher starting Temps.

So being on 30 minutes then switched off as he graphs indicated, did it a few times to get an average, and using the timings his graph used:-

Ceramic average after 3 mins off - 90.3C

Ceramic average after 11 mins off - 71.6C

Ceramic average after 30 mins off - 43.3C

Water average after 3 mins off - 53.5C

Water average after 11 mins off - 47.7C

Water average after 30 mins off - 42C

Conclusion :-

Ceramic went from 90.3 to 43.3 in 30 minutes so lost 47c, approx. 52.1% drop.

Central Heating/Water went from 53.5 to 42 in 30 minutes so lost 11.5c, approx. 21.4% drop.

Sorry Peter, I’m sticking with my central heating with water filled radiators.

We know have Sally Jacks who is going to be presenting a Treadmill, and then Vibrapower and then Fashion, you would think she’d need a shower being doing Fashion, if you are spending over 2 hours on Fitness Equipment.

Ooh here she is spouting NHS Figures and study’s

We know have Sally Jacks who is going to be presenting a Treadmill, and then Vibrapower and then Fashion, you would think she’d need a shower being doing Fashion, if you are spending over 2 hours on Fitness Equipment.

Ooh here she is spouting NHS Figures and study’s

Doubt she will be doing much exercise, one thing i've noticed with IW exercise shows, quite often some of the presenters get changed into trainers, tracksuit bottoms & top and do sod all exercising, what was the point in changing? :rolleyes:

Wish the IW presenters would stop saying we ALL can't do this or that, we ALL are stuck at home, we're ALL in lockdown etc etc, so shop with us and check out your baskets.:mad:

We are not ALL in lockdown, in some parts of the UK we are still able to do stuff.
Was out for lunch yesterday with a friend, a had pint and a cheeseburger with chilli topping, going uptown tomorrow to do some xmas shopping and spend a gift voucher at M & S, probably nip in to Cafe Nero for a coffee and muffin while out, yeah Sally we're ALL in lockdown, not. ;) :ROFLMAO:

I replied to your earlier post before i got to this one.

Yeah watching the repeat this morning, speaking to the viewers as though were all F****** idiots. Also a bit similar to your point with the cost of ink, you notice they never mention the running costs of these heaters, running a few of those 2000w heaters won't be cheap. Oh and i've still not found new homes developments in Peterborough with Ceramic Heating.

Funnily enough did a little experiment the other day, although didn’t post at the time but seems appropriate after these shows , just to see about Peter “Techy expert” Voulevant’s claim about water radiators cooling/loosing heat faster than ceramic. Of course Ceramic will heat up faster just like any electrical heater, but it was the cooling down bit I concentrated on as he made a big point out of storing heat longer.

Anyway using his graphs, which are show every so often during the shows, and my own radiators that had been on for 30 minutes, and of course his figures will be slightly different as they were doing a test without a thermostat, whereas mine was set for an ideal temp in the room it was in, so his will have higher starting Temps.

So being on 30 minutes then switched off as he graphs indicated, did it a few times to get an average, and using the timings his graph used:-

Ceramic average after 3 mins off - 90.3C

Ceramic average after 11 mins off - 71.6C

Ceramic average after 30 mins off - 43.3C

Water average after 3 mins off - 53.5C

Water average after 11 mins off - 47.7C

Water average after 30 mins off - 42C

Conclusion :-

Ceramic went from 90.3 to 43.3 in 30 minutes so lost 47c, approx. 52.1% drop.

Central Heating/Water went from 53.5 to 42 in 30 minutes so lost 11.5c, approx. 21.4% drop.

Sorry Peter, I’m sticking with my central heating with water filled radiators.
What you've done there is use science. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. However it's not as convincing an argument for me as say Peter S watching Peter V point his temp gun at the ceramic cores, shouting 'A mean, ain't it just amazing?!? Ain't it just astounding?!? You've got to buy this, even if you have newly installed central heating, you NEED these, trust me, a tell it like it is me!'

I believe Peter S over science. Ok I need to go, got to complete my annual membership for the FES ... Flat Earth Society.

What you've done there is use science. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. However it's not as convincing an argument for me as say Peter S watching Peter V point his temp gun at the ceramic cores, shouting 'A mean, ain't it just amazing?!? Ain't it just astounding?!? You've got to buy this, even if you have newly installed central heating, you NEED these, trust me, a tell it like it is me!'

I believe Peter S over science. Ok I need to go, got to complete my annual membership for the FES ... Flat Earth Society.

I know, I know, who in their right mind would take Science over the Great Peter V, the world renowned expert on Ceramic heating.

Just one thing has always bugged me though, not an expert on ceramic heaters, so this might be a daft query, but why, in his demos, is the surface temperature of the ceramic always higher than the core temperature, surely the core temp should be higher. Watching him doing the demo, switching on and watching the coiled core heat up, and already after 30 seconds the reading on the temp gun is showing the surface temp is higher than the digital thermometer stuck into the core, yet at this point the thermal camera is clearly showing the core as the hottest part of the ceramic block. :unsure:

Thankfully I'm still managing to mainly abstain from watching this channel. Can't help the odd hop over there though, and just now what tickled me, is that it must be 4 years now, since Jacks was banging on about all the exercise equipment she uses, yet still looks exactly the ****** same! :ROFLMAO:

Just caught the start of Gollums explanation of how central heating works. He certainly knows his stuff eh? So much so that he deliberately forgets to mention how radiators can be adjusted individually and even turned off. :mad:

I wonder if we managed to get a peek inside his house, whether we'd see central heating or ceramic heaters? He is so full crap......it winds me up that you can't slap him through the screen.

If I was locked down, I still wouldn't shop with them. There's nothing they show I need or want and if I did need or want, I'd go to Amazon.

100% agree.

Although they have a few items i like and would easily own, i will never buy from them. IMO they are a morally corrupt outfit, while a few of their guests are ok, many of their guests and their presenters are guilty of, at one extreme mild exaggeration to the other extreme (especially their presenters) over the top exaggeration, misinformation, deceitful demos and out right lies. In fact I can't think of one presenter who has not indulged in spouting rubbish at some point.

They have a watch at the moment, which i would really like, although i did find it at a few outlets abroad, unfortunately because it was a limited edition, they weren't allowed to ship to a UK address, only allowed to sell & deliver within their own country, so it's a watch i will have to do without. :(

Caught just a few mins of Peter S selling watches last night with the female guest/expert. I'm not defending her as such, however Peter really is the worlds worst for rudely interrupting when the guest is speaking. On top of that, it's not even to say anything of value. He just shouts 'PLEEEEEASE, CHECK OUT YER BASKETS!'

Guest: 'What's nice about this watch is the detail around the ...'
Peter: 'CHECK OUT YER BASKETS, THIS IS GONNA GO!!!'

Twat. His presentations do nothing but devalue these brands.

I had to chuckle last night, hopped on and it was a repeat of Paul B selling the heaters. Without a word of a lie, within secs of me watching he said ...

'and if you think the room will get too hot, it won't, cause these heaters have thermostats!'

I've come to the conclusion in their production meetings they are obviously being told to heavily promote the thermostat feature. You know, the feature that can be found in heaters selling for under £20, the feature that's been around for decades, yep, that feature.

Latest posts

Back