Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone seen the 'Trusted Trader' idents on ITV4?

I'm sure one of the featured 'tradesmen' is the IW Irish wash & wax guru.

If not, he could get a job as W&W man's stunt double.

I had to chuckle last night, hopped on and it was a repeat of Paul B selling the heaters. Without a word of a lie, within secs of me watching he said ...

'and if you think the room will get too hot, it won't, cause these heaters have thermostats!'

I've come to the conclusion in their production meetings they are obviously being told to heavily promote the thermostat feature. You know, the feature that can be found in heaters selling for under £20, the feature that's been around for decades, yep, that feature.
Remember, they're broadcasting from Peterborough. It's safe to say that thermostat technology is new to people in those parts!

IW cut down the length of their 'shows' from 60 to 45 minutes, but it has become an endless cycle of just a few products, repeated ad infinitum, over and over again. (How many mattresses do they expect us to buy?)

I can't understand why they don't have themed 'shows' within which multiple separate items are demonstrated?

IW cut down the length of their 'shows' from 60 to 45 minutes, but it has become an endless cycle of just a few products, repeated ad infinitum, over and over again. (How many mattresses do they expect us to buy?)

I can't understand why they don't have themed 'shows' within which multiple separate items are demonstrated?
It’s a bit like Create and Craft cut the shows down to 45 minutes, to give them more slots, to give to different firms, but you still get if a company is on one day, you get 4 or 5 shows from that company

Caught just a few mins of Peter S selling watches last night with the female guest/expert. I'm not defending her as such, however Peter really is the worlds worst for rudely interrupting when the guest is speaking. On top of that, it's not even to say anything of value. He just shouts 'PLEEEEEASE, CHECK OUT YER BASKETS!'

Guest: 'What's nice about this watch is the detail around the ...'
Peter: 'CHECK OUT YER BASKETS, THIS IS GONNA GO!!!'

Twat. His presentations do nothing but devalue these brands.
I recorded and just watched back a bit of the program, and yeah the amount of times he interrupted was very rude, also noticed he managed to get Baselworld and must insure a mention. ;)

But did notice one little convo which just sums up IW and watches.

Peter as he’s pushing the top pusher, “we’ve got a chronograph on here as well, start button.”

Caroline – “That’s right.” :eek:

Peter, pushing bottom pusher – “reset.”

Caroline – “There you go.” :oops:

Peter – “Just look at that, beautiful.”

Caroline – “Very smart looking watch.”

Then she adds this titbit.

Caroline – “The sub dials in there, giving you a 24 hour clock, Days of the week and Calendar month as well.”

Hold the bus, didn’t you just agree with Peter it was a Chronograph? :confused:

Why did you not just but in and tell him he was wrong instead of playing along with the fool then coming out with the correct info after.:mad:
For folks that know about watch it's not really a problem but for others they may think they've bought a chrono, although if they couldn't see that it was not a chrono then they probably wouldn't know how to work one or what it was for. 🤔:ROFLMAO:

The only problem with themed hours is they will have to do multiple brands in the one show, which is really not good for one of their selling tactics.
When promoting say a cordless vacuum, part of their sales patter is to promote that vacuum at the detriment of others, ie it's the best ever and to slag off every other vacuum. Which, because of the stupidity of some of IW's customers, they can get away with when the vacuums are on different shows on different days, but i doubt that would work in the same show, IW's customers surely aren't that stupid, or are they? 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

I know, I know, who in their right mind would take Science over the Great Peter V, the world renowned expert on Ceramic heating.

Just one thing has always bugged me though, not an expert on ceramic heaters, so this might be a daft query, but why, in his demos, is the surface temperature of the ceramic always higher than the core temperature, surely the core temp should be higher. Watching him doing the demo, switching on and watching the coiled core heat up, and already after 30 seconds the reading on the temp gun is showing the surface temp is higher than the digital thermometer stuck into the core, yet at this point the thermal camera is clearly showing the core as the hottest part of the ceramic block. :unsure:
Well I've been made to look a right fool! After reading your post, I contacted the GSF (Global Science Foundation) to query if ceramic can be hotter on the surface as oppose to the core. I don't know how (they're possibly monitoring us covertly) but the person I spoke to, named Professor X, simply said:

'We know who you are, and we know you're trying to dispute something that was presented on the UK's premier shopping channel, Ideal World. We at the GSF take our lead from Ideal World's experts. Their invaluable insight informs our policies and research. In short Mr Cheeky Chappie, IF THEY SAID IT'S TRUE ... IT'S TRUE, SO BACK OFF ... FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!'

Not sure if it's a coincidence however a black van with blacked out windows has appeared outside my house. Don't worry though, if they try to enter my property, I have one of the free gift multi-tools IW give with some of the watches. I'm sure as well as opening doors it'll help me tackle world class assassins.

:(

I see the GX pillows are back. I thought the boring old get had buggered off to TV Warehouse now he's got an infomercial on there, but no, they're back. Now I'm no engineer but I'm still confused how these things work. They say that the two purple X's are made of soft fabric and attached to the inside border of the pillow. Surely for these X's to have any type of "suspension" effect to support your head like they advertise then they must be attached to a solid frame? Otherwise they're just acting as an extra piece of fabric in the middle of the filling. To me it's just a gimmick to bump the price up. A bit like most of the other rubbish they advertise.

Does the GX Pillow always come with the sob story.

About the inventors daughter having a big accident, and after a year in hospital, she returned home, spent another year in bed, and as she hated every pillow you could buy, daddy dearest Invented her the perfect pillow

I see the GX pillows are back. I thought the boring old get had buggered off to TV Warehouse now he's got an infomercial on there, but no, they're back. Now I'm no engineer but I'm still confused how these things work. They say that the two purple X's are made of soft fabric and attached to the inside border of the pillow. Surely for these X's to have any type of "suspension" effect to support your head like they advertise then they must be attached to a solid frame? Otherwise they're just acting as an extra piece of fabric in the middle of the filling. To me it's just a gimmick to bump the price up. A bit like most of the other rubbish they advertise.
Reviews seem to have a mix of 5 star and 1 star ratings. I'm like you, a bit cynical about the whole premise.

es the GX Pillow always come with the sob story.

About the inventors daughter having a big accident, and after a year in hospital, she returned home, spent another year in bed, and as she hated every pillow you could buy, daddy dearest Invented her the perfect pillow
He could win Britain's Got Talent with that sob story

Does the GX Pillow always come with the sob story.

It's normal for a marketing consultant to invent a back story for the product which is what they've done here.
The GX pillow has got plenty of rotten reviews on websites other than Ideal World.

The presenters can recycle the same pitch they use for mattresses , duvets and other pillows.

Sleep is not a luxury , third of your life in bed ,grumpy when you are tired, this product changed my life.

Somehow the meltdown story seems even more implausible when they are selling pillows than it does for other products - the sales presentation is enough to put you in a coma by itself.

Latest posts

Back