Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Morphic watches, the M76 "barrel" in particular, why would it have a 9 on the first minute roll? Surely the highest number would be 5🤔 as in 59 then 00😎

Morphic watches, the M76 "barrel" in particular, why would it have a 9 on the first minute roll? Surely the highest number would be 5🤔 as in 59 then 00😎

Think there are two reasons, one is technical the other is aesthetics.
Now this is just my guess, i hope it makes sense, it does in my mind but harder putting it in words.:ROFLMAO:
From the limited info on the movement available. The movements are in sealed unit so you can't see what it's like, but it uses two batteries. So my thinking is there are two mechanisms in the unit, one working the hour drum and the other the minute drums, because the rotation cycle is different on the drums (1-12 on hour drum and 1-10 on the minute drums) and therefore rotating distance for each number is different, they need a separate movement/mechanism. Think the part of the movement/mechanism that controls the minute drums, is not capable of having one of the minute drums only marked 0-5 equally spaced (looking aesthetically perfect) and move at a different rate/distance which will match up correctly with the other minute drum which is marked 0-9 (same problem they have with hour/minute drums and why they use separate mechanisms). So as they can't have two drums numbered differently and moving so differently, IMO they were left with two choices, either have a drum with 0-5 then just plain black where the numbers 6-9 would normally be or just use the same drum for both. They probably think it looks aesthetically better having the numbers on the drum even though they are not being used, it also saves having to make two separate minute drums.

Ok need my bed now. :ROFLMAO:

Gardening again and the usual rubbish.

Angela on the compost - "they DON'T Sell this to the public." :rolleyes:

Really, this is the stuff direct from the folk that fullfil Garden Bargains (Ideal World) orders.

Think there are two reasons, one is technical the other is aesthetics.
Now this is just my guess, i hope it makes sense, it does in my mind but harder putting it in words.:ROFLMAO:
From the limited info on the movement available. The movements are in sealed unit so you can't see what it's like, but it uses two batteries. So my thinking is there are two mechanisms in the unit, one working the hour drum and the other the minute drums, because the rotation cycle is different on the drums (1-12 on hour drum and 1-10 on the minute drums) and therefore rotating distance for each number is different, they need a separate movement/mechanism. Think the part of the movement/mechanism that controls the minute drums, is not capable of having one of the minute drums only marked 0-5 equally spaced (looking aesthetically perfect) and move at a different rate/distance which will match up correctly with the other minute drum which is marked 0-9 (same problem they have with hour/minute drums and why they use separate mechanisms). So as they can't have two drums numbered differently and moving so differently, IMO they were left with two choices, either have a drum with 0-5 then just plain black where the numbers 6-9 would normally be or just use the same drum for both. They probably think it looks aesthetically better having the numbers on the drum even though they are not being used, it also saves having to make two separate minute drums.

Ok need my bed now. :ROFLMAO:
I think it's worth every penny of the £595 RRP, even though the drums don't line up accurately, it's obviously a quality timepiece. ;)

Mike M says to the guest presenter it's an evening/nighttime watch in his eyes. You want people to notice it, maybe even wearing a t-shirt so it's shown off to its best and you can say to people 'it's my Morphic!'

Okaaaaaaay then ...

I think it's worth every penny of the £595 RRP, even though the drums don't line up accurately, it's obviously a quality timepiece. ;)

Mike M says to the guest presenter it's an evening/nighttime watch in his eyes. You want people to notice it, maybe even wearing a t-shirt so it's shown off to its best and you can say to people 'it's my Morphic!'

Okaaaaaaay then ...
Yeah, heard him say that he wants one. Here we go again! I think the chap on with him suggested he buy one after the show but he said he was working and couldn't.

Yawn.......

And why does Peter V always compare Roofix with Bitumen paint, they are two different products, Bitumen paint is not meant to fill in leaks, it's for weatherproofing/prevention, for before/stop leaks occuring. There are bitumen leak fixing products out there which will do the same job as Roofix, of course can't use them on the show would screw with your deceitful demos.

Here's a tip for you Peter, be honest and compare like for like and stop slagging off a product for not being able to do a job it's not designed for.

Yeah, heard him say that he wants one. Here we go again! I think the chap on with him suggested he buy one after the show but he said he was working and couldn't.

Yawn.......

I was going to post at that point to say if Mike was really after the watch and was willing to pay RRP then it would be easy for him, as they are easy available elsewhere, they have them on Amazon, bigger selection of colours, some at RRP and some a couple of hundred less.

Also he was doing the, must hide my Omega when the camera is on close up of my hand. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just been watching Gammages of London watches on TJC and someone emailed in, perhaps insurance obsessed DP, to ask what price they should insure the watches for. Selling for £99.99, the 4th generation spiv's Dad said to insure it at their website price of £605.00!

I miss these daddy Fields shows, never know they are on. But I suppose he couldn't say anything else but the web site price, if he gave a true value it would admit the web site price is only an exaggerated RRP. Although I doubt an Insurance company would be stupid enough to pay out £605 for a Gamage's watch that has gone missing or damaged. ;):ROFLMAO:

Just been watching Gammages of London watches on TJC and someone emailed in, perhaps insurance obsessed DP, to ask what price they should insure the watches for. Selling for £99.99, the 4th generation spiv's Dad said to insure it at their website price of £605.00!
Nobody really emailed in to TJC to ask how much to insure for - it's just BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Mason doing roofix now

hapless stuff telling people to buy the biggest quantity just in case (go away Mike)

Not helped by the utterly hapless Peter V who must be the most clueless "expert" ever on shopping tv

I miss these daddy Fields shows, never know they are on. But I suppose he couldn't say anything else but the web site price, if he gave a true value it would admit the web site price is only an exaggerated RRP. Although I doubt an Insurance company would be stupid enough to pay out £605 for a Gamage's watch that has gone missing or damaged. ;):ROFLMAO:
Doubt anybody would pinch it, so that's one worry out the way 😁

Mike Mason doing roofix now

hapless stuff telling people to buy the biggest quantity just in case (go away Mike)

Not helped by the utterly hapless Peter V who must be the most clueless "expert" ever on shopping tv

The thing is watched a bit of this show the other day with the actual expert (Martin?) and I think Shaun Crawley

Like watching chalk and cheese, the product is decent when you have a decent product you just need to present it well but MM can't help his bull shite and PV just can't do anything

Insure, insure, insure, you must insure. And as for certified diving watches, the manufacturer may have pressure tested them, but never in a million years have those watches been to Switzerland to get certified. :ROFLMAO:

Tell you one thing lass, i'm pretty sure if that Atlantis watch wants to be a credible dive watch and worth anywhere near £600, then it would be better if the water resistancy on the dial was correct 220mtrs is not 600ft, ****** amateurs. ;)

Latest posts

Back