Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter speaking on the weight of one of the watches and because of the weight he says - " the case weight of these, there's a little mechanism called an incabloc movement, which is a case that suspends the movement and they become very heavy, and it does feel as though it's got one of those in it."

Emma - "Yeah it does" then she waffles on a load of nonsense about build quality.

That's Peter showing of his total lack of watch knowledge. Only on IW would you get an Incabloc system in a quartz watch. :ROFLMAO:

"Be one of the first in the uk to own one."

That's not because it's a new watch, Resultco have been selling it on Amazon for 3 years, it's probably just because nobody bought one, which is not surprising with prices ranging from £400-£900. ;):)

Emma speaking about revues and reading one or two.

If this is any indication of the mind set of IW watch customers, then IW have struck a gold mine.

From Anonymous - “I ordered this watch purely on spec but when i took it out of the box i thought ideal world had sent me a Rolex by mistake!”

“Nh35 movement nuff said.”

“It should be a criminal offence to sell this watch for under £500 let alone under £150. As Peter Simon would say 'just go buy it.”

Well, after you’ve insured your new, Submariner look-a-like, I would suggest you book an appointment to Specsavers. :)

Selling the 10 slot box.

Emma - "you don't ever keep the original watch boxes, well you try, but they go missing over the years."

Maybe if you're just buying an everyday fashion or cheap affordable watch from a shop, but If you're a watch collector, you do, and I've never had one go missing. Will have to post a pic tommorrow of my watch box collection in the loft. :ROFLMAO:
That's a stupid statement to make, although almost everything you say is stupid, in a program aimed at watch collectors where you're selling, allegedly luxury 'worth thousands' watches, with high precision far east quartz & mechanical movements, made with top grade materials, Individually certified for pro diving by the ISO, that are a future heirlooms and which, must, must be insured . :rolleyes:

I saw him (Simon Peters) last night selling yet another brand of watch I've never heard of. The pizza delivery/horologist lady was with him, I think.

The usual monotonous, repetitive spiel once again. If he does that "You must insure them. YOU MUST INSURE THEM" iambic pentameter like mantra again, I will watch crown him, literally. Does he know how annoying he and it is? Probably. Part of the job satisfaction, I imagine.

In fairness, the watches looked quite good. But like most people, I am no expert on watches, or what's inside them, so I have no idea whether they really are quite good or not. But for me the quoted recommended retail prices thang has no credibility whatsoever. How could it? I'm not aware of any restriction that prevents a company from putting any price they like on what should be the recommended one for a product they manufacture. It means nothing. Yet companies like Ideal World use it as a major selling and enticement trap, time and timex again.

Too many watch makes on this channel. We are literally saturated by them. I would prefer it if they focused on maybe up to around five different brands. A present it feels like a focus on 500. And if any particular brand they do sell DOES have good qualities; that is just lost in the numbers of the competition they also promote.

Yes that one was
Peter speaking on the weight of one of the watches and because of the weight he says - " the case weight of these, there's a little mechanism called an incabloc movement, which is a case that suspends the movement and they become very heavy, and it does feel as though it's got one of those in it."

Emma - "Yeah it does" then she waffles on a load of nonsense about build quality.

That's Peter showing of his total lack of watch knowledge. Only on IW would you get an Incabloc system in a quartz watch. :ROFLMAO:
Yes that comment pricked my ears up🥴 what a pair of muppets🤣

I saw him (Simon Peters) last night selling yet another brand of watch I've never heard of. The pizza delivery/horologist lady was with him, I think.

The usual monotonous, repetitive spiel once again. If he does that "You must insure them. YOU MUST INSURE THEM" iambic pentameter like mantra again, I will watch crown him, literally. Does he know how annoying he and it is? Probably. Part of the job satisfaction, I imagine.

In fairness, the watches looked quite good. But like most people, I am no expert on watches, or what's inside them, so I have no idea whether they really are quite good or not. But for me the quoted recommended retail prices thang has no credibility whatsoever. How could it? I'm not aware of any restriction that prevents a company from putting any price they like on what should be the recommended one for a product they manufacture. It means nothing. Yet companies like Ideal World use it as a major selling and enticement trap, time and timex again.

Too many watch makes on this channel. We are literally saturated by them. I would prefer it if they focused on maybe up to around five different brands. A present it feels like a focus on 500. And if any particular brand they do sell DOES have good qualities; that is just lost in the numbers of the competition they also promote.
Yes I agree too many brands and too many mediocre quality watches being hailed as high quality luxury timepieces being sold at bargain prices. I think IW and many mediocre brands have realised that many of IW’s customers are not that knowledgeable on watches and are taking advantage of that fact while it lasts. But like you, feel this vast quantity of mediocre brands coupled with the nonsense from the presenters and guest only devalues and inhibits the sales of the actual quality watches that do appear, and lot of watch collectors are put off by their antics. I feel sorry for those customers who seem to be under the impression that they’ve been building a collection of quality watches with a decent value when in fact they’ve just be building a collection of mediocre affordable watches worth nowhere near what they may have been led to believe by the presenters.

There are 74 different brands on their web site, a few never appear on TV.

These are the only brands that make their own watches and have watches anywhere near the quality that is often claimed by the presenters and guests. They will also have better quality control than the non-watchmaking brands. The only problem I have with these is the Guests, who do exaggerate/mislead a bit, but nothing like the guests for the mediocre brands, and the RRP’s are a bit overinflated, but otherwise most of the technical info given, which is usually more detailed, is correct, and if you like them, would say your safe enough to buy watches from these brands. These are all well-established watchmakers.

Aviator
Buran
Eterna
Gevril
Mathey-Tissot
Sturmanskie
Swiss Military by Chrono
Swiss Military by Hanowa
Traser
Vostok Europe

The Rest are nowhere near the quality or value that is being claimed on IW, NONE of them come anywhere near being worth or are of a quality that would warrant the RRP’s being quoted . And EVERY ONE of their so called guest “experts”, aided by the presenters is guilty of over the top exaggeration, spouting misinformation and outright lying. Scummy con artists the lot of them. There is nothing wrong with their watches for what you are paying, although chances are quality control is poorer and more likely to have problems over time, and one or two of the brands, ie Spinnaker have some decent watches and at the IW selling price are ok if you are only after an everyday watch, but most of the watches from these brands are similar in quality & price to hundreds of cheap/affordable watches on Aliexpress, nothing wrong with tem but nothing special.

If folks like the watches fine, buy them (although there are many better options available at this price point), but they are only worth, at best, the IW selling price when on a show, but are worth nothing like the RRP’s or any fictitious prices the presenters or guest think they are worth, you know when they say should have extra zeros etc on the price.

If I was buying, which I won’t be, not from IW anyway, I would feel safe buying a watch from the watchmaking brands, the rest I would look elsewhere for better quality alternatives at similar prices, as well as established watchmakers like Seiko, Orient, Casio etc, there is a host of Chinese brands like Parnis, Sea-Gull, Corgeut, Starking, Reef Tiger, Phoibos, San Martin etc, which all offer more or similar quality for less or similar money.

Yeah it's a weird one. I conclude the sales numbers for his watch shows must trend quite high, otherwise why keep using him in these slots. And if that's the case, I'm sorry to say it says as much about those buying the watches as those selling them!

No offence, however you'd have to be a minute hand short of a dial to believe the deals IW tell you you're getting ...

I see we have another World exclusive from Vostok Europe tonight.

Although it’s not an exclusive as such, they just have delivery of the watch a couple of weeks before other distributors. And others have been taking pre-orders since June with delivery by end of November.

My opinion of Vostok Europe has actually gone down with this release or should I say IW getting deliveries first. Reason being, this watch has been put together after polling distributor’s VE customers.

The other distributors have all involved their customers from the start, from case design, materials and colour then the movement, then finally on completed designs. IW customers only took part in the final part, selecting from completed designs, as that’s the only part Kev Reynolds actually informed them on. No doubt Kev will be singing the praises of IW and it’s customers in the design of this watch even though they didn’t.

Personally think the other distributors should have been given deliveries first, seeing as they involved their customers from the start and it’s their customers that were involved in it’s actual watch design.

I like the way that Shaun says "I love the colours OUR viewers have chosen" "i love the fact the viewers picked the spec for this.".

IW viewers weren't involved in those part of the polls you idiot, if any did take part it wasn't because of IW as they would only have known of those polls existed because of OTHER distrubitors.

Funny how IW viewers, a very, very small amount of those taking part in the polls, are responsible for the colours, specs et al. :ROFLMAO:

Ah well if anything will devalue a watch is to have IW special Edition on the back. :ROFLMAO:

If I was buying one I would get from the German distributor without the IW crap on the back and it's also cheaper.

My thoughts exactly 😎
About time they had a totally new model. A lot of them seem to be variations on the same theme these days. Why you would want a collection of many similar looking watches is beyond me. Each to their own I guess.

Think they are using up existing case design, each model has a specific limited number being made, of course some of their limited numbers are 3,000, so imagine another year or two till they do a complete revamp of case designs.
I suppose as well if they have a loyal following, then why change too much, what's selling well.
It's the size of some of their range which is the biggest negative for me, most of their watches are not designed for folks with small wrists.

Latest posts

Back