Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think they are using up existing case design, each model has a specific limited number being made, of course some of their limited numbers are 3,000, so imagine another year or two till they do a complete revamp of case designs.
I suppose as well if they have a loyal following, then why change too much, what's selling well.
It's the size of some of their range which is the biggest negative for me, most of their watches are not designed for folks with small wrists.
Can't argue with that, makes sense.
Yes they are big, to big for me🤔 wearing a Sinn 758 chrono at the moment and that has a plenty tall enough case for me, at about 12mm, on a 42mm case width.

Just to clarify, the watch they're showing has open hands and he said they were unique, never seen it before. Same standard as IW presenters then 🤣

Hey some pics for Emma "High precision" Boydell, who says we don't keep our watch boxes, as ygritte would say, you know nothing emma boydell. ;) :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20201115_184803-crop2.jpg
IMG_20201115_184818-crop2.jpg
IMG_20201115_185033-crop2.jpg
IMG_20201115_185248-crop2.jpg
IMG_20201115_185343-crop2.jpg
IMG_20201115_185537-crop2.jpg

Can't argue with that, makes sense.
Yes they are big, to big for me🤔 wearing a Sinn 758 chrono at the moment and that has a plenty tall enough case for me, at about 12mm, on a 42mm case width.

I got a few years back and just about get away with them, but in reality they are a bit big for me, although the Lunokhod and Energia would definately be a no, no size wise for me.

Hey some pics for Emma "High precision" Boydell, who says we don't keep our watch boxes, as ygritte would say, you know nothing emma boydell. ;) :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 19900View attachment 19901View attachment 19902View attachment 19903View attachment 19904View attachment 19905
Very diligent of you 👍 got some interesting pieces amongst them by the looks of it. Is that the Seagull 1963 chronograph's tin you have there? Quite like them as a proper Chinese watch. As oposed to IW 😀

That's impressive 😎 Still got all mine, not as many as you though 😄

That's not all of them, there's another box but was to much effort to move stuff to get to it. :ROFLMAO:

I don't understand why she said that, of course most collectors keep the box, papers etc, all are handy if you're selling the watch, not that I actually sell any, as you can see I like to hoard. :ROFLMAO:

Very diligent of you 👍 got some interesting pieces amongst them by the looks of it. Is that the Seagull 1963 chronograph's tin you have there? Quite like them as a proper Chinese watch. As oposed to IW 😀
Yeah, a proper Chinese watch, from a proper Chinese brand, that actually has history and heritage.
Been trying to get a bit fancy with my watch pictures, still a work in progress though.:ROFLMAO: That's not the original strap, that one i got off amazon, berfine straps, thy're quite good.

Tianjin  1963 Chinese Airforce watch (Cal Sea-gull ST19)1.jpg

For the benefit of KR, this is my watch with an 8 year old VK64A Mecaquartz. I'm surprised a man with your many years experience hadn't heard of it:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
6AmFADpl.jpg

Yeah, a proper Chinese watch, from a proper Chinese brand, that actually has history and heritage.
Been trying to get a bit fancy with my watch pictures, still a work in progress though.:ROFLMAO: That's not the original strap, that one i got off amazon, berfine straps, thy're quite good.

View attachment 19906
Saw those advertised a few months back, quite tempting, especially as one of the members on a Steinhart group was an importer and offering good deals:cool:

For the benefit of KR, this is my watch with an 8 year old VK64A Mecaquartz. I'm surprised a man with your many years experience hadn't heard of it:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
6AmFADpl.jpg
It's strange, how he seems to think the mecaquartz is has only come out very recently.
You know my feeling is although he may have been involved in the watch trade for a wee while, think it was relatively small scale on the peripherals and he didn't have any real deep involvement until the last few years with his involvement in IW. It's almost like he was stuck in his own little horology bubble and is now playing catch up with the technical side and development of things.
Quite a few things he's says just don't add up to him having 40 years in the trade.

PS

seeing as you've got the back off the watch, remove the movement and give that case a clean, some cape cod and elbow grease would be perfect for tidying up those lugs, be more careful in changing your straps in future. ;):p:ROFLMAO: Just joking.:)

View attachment 19906
Yes that's the one, like them👍 though I'd be boring and stick it on a NATO 🤫

It's strange, how he seems to think the mecaquartz is has only come out very recently.
You know my feeling is although he may have been involved in the watch trade for a wee while, think it was relatively small scale on the peripherals and he didn't have any real deep involvement until the last few years with his involvement in IW. It's almost like he was stuck in his own little horology bubble and is now playing catch up with the technical side and development of things.
Quite a few things he's says just don't add up to him having 40 years in the trade.

PS

seeing as you've got the back off the watch, remove the movement and give that case a clean, some cape cod and elbow grease would be perfect for tidying up those lugs, be more careful in changing your straps in future. ;):p:ROFLMAO: Just joking.:)
None taken 👍 don't wear it anymore, just stuck in a drawer 😎

Saw those advertised a few months back, quite tempting, especially as one of the members on a Steinhart group was an importer and offering good deals:cool:

There are different versions, from just over a hundred for some stores on Ali to over £300 from the Sea-gull store. I got mine from Holland, Watch Unique, 240 euros including shipping.

There are different versions, from just over a hundred for some stores on Ali to over £300 from the Sea-gull store. I got mine from Holland, Watch Unique, 240 euros including shipping.
There were 2 different sizes iirc, about £200. My meca watch only cost about £20 so not too bothered about it 😄

Latest posts

Back