Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thought I had stumbled upon a watch forum then :) nice collection I at one point had 89 watches down to 5 now as I came to the realisation i really didn't need that many. One of my current favs is

Casio Men's MDV106-1AV 200M Duro Analog Watch, Black​

Recently been back on Amazon US with a fee-free card can get it for just over 50 quid for the price you won't get much better and so wearable.

Anyway back to Ideal

GO TO THE PHONES

LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE WATCHING THIS CHANNEL

HAND ASSEMBLED WATCH HOUSE THE FINEST IN THE WORLD

Hey some pics for Emma "High precision" Boydell, who says we don't keep our watch boxes, as ygritte would say, you know nothing emma boydell. ;) :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 19900View attachment 19901View attachment 19902View attachment 19903View attachment 19904View attachment 19905
Yeah they dug themselves into a hole when saying folk tend to throw their watches into a drawer and not keep the boxes. The comments didn't align at all with their constant banging on about heritage, collectors pieces, handing them down, insuring them etc. Okay, a careless millionaire that couldn't give two hoots might be guilty of throwing quality stuff in a drawer, however I'd hazard a guess most people don't.

Btw, impressive collection! Is it insured?!? :) ;) :)

thought I had stumbled upon a watch forum then :) nice collection I at one point had 89 watches down to 5 now as I came to the realisation i really didn't need that many. One of my current favs is

Casio Men's MDV106-1AV 200M Duro Analog Watch, Black​

Recently been back on Amazon US with a fee-free card can get it for just over 50 quid for the price you won't get much better and so wearable.

Anyway back to Ideal

GO TO THE PHONES

LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE WATCHING THIS CHANNEL

HAND ASSEMBLED WATCH HOUSE THE FINEST IN THE WORLD
Nice Casio, I got this one last year from Japan cost me £53, Casio MDV-100D-1AJF.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASIO-wr...255618&hash=item23e54b2b7e:g:7UQAAOSwRk5fndQ-

See that’s one of the things about Idea World I find wrong about them calling their shows “collectable watch show”, ok they have some decent watches, quite a few I wouldn’t wear personally, but none the less decent quality.

Then they have loads of these run of the mill, made in China watches, nothing wrong with them, but nothing special despite their exaggerated claims of quality etc. And they keep saying I’ve never seen a watch of this quality, of these specs etc at these kind of prices before, you must insure, yet hundreds of watches exist out there all of which are better quality and can be had for the same price point or even lower from established brands like Casio, Seiko, Orient or even Rotary and the fashion brands, all of which are better options for folks wanting to start or add to a watch collection.

Yeah they dug themselves into a hole when saying folk tend to throw their watches into a drawer and not keep the boxes. The comments didn't align at all with their constant banging on about heritage, collectors pieces, handing them down, insuring them etc. Okay, a careless millionaire that couldn't give two hoots might be guilty of throwing quality stuff in a drawer, however I'd hazard a guess most people don't.

Btw, impressive collection! Is it insured?!? :) ;) :)

that's what happens when you have someone who's education & experience is more to do with Gemstones and Vintage Jewellery than watches.

Well have house & contents insurance, but not anything specific for the watches.

Yeah an impressive collection of empty watch boxes. ;) :ROFLMAO:

And too bore the non-watch folk even more, one day will post pics of the actual watches in the winder and storage boxes I display them in. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Ok, non watch post. :)

So we had the interiors expert, along with the screeching banshee, singing the praise of the Downland feather and down box pillows this morning, the Banshee has them, best pillow she’s tried and she’s tried a lot and is an expert in pillows, saying how much support it gives, and the interiors expert also admits to having them herself as well as GX, My Pillows and mulberry silk all on her bed at once, must have been all the freebies for promoting each one as the best pillow you can have on their respective shows. Strangely, the interiors expert doesn’t have the Dormeo profiling pillow on her bed, which is weird considering the praise she gave it on a Dormeo show, perfect match for a Dormeo mattress she said. Oh wait I remember now when it’s not a Dormeo show, the profiling pillow gets tossed on the floor as it’s useless for 70% of us. :ROFLMAO:

And a bit later on the GX pillow show, we have the screeching banshee who deems herself an expert in pillows cause she works for Ideal world, yeah working at Ideal world seem to make every Tom, Dick and Peter V an expert on everything.
She then goes on a ramble to explain what patented means, must think we’re thick, then her and the interiors expert must think they’re American, cause they are using the American English pronunciation of patent instead of British English.

And of course the screeching banshee is thinking of getting a couple, which she could take with her when she’s not sleeping at home, which doesn’t in anyway contradict what she said in the earlier pillow show about the Downland Pillows.;)

And then banshee says it’s time to check out your basket, if you don’t it’s not yours, it just sits, it’s like having chicken in your basket in ASDA and not putting it through the tills, you just wouldn’t walk around all day, that’s what you’re doing if you’re putting it in your basket and somebody else could have had it, make sure you’re checking it out. Interiors expert in a fit of hysterics, easily amused by the looks of it, or maybe just great acting. ;):ROFLMAO:
Nae quite sure how that analogy works like, everybody I know would walk around with items in their basket till they finished shopping then go to the till, I don't know anybody that goes into ASDA to put something in basket walk around all day then not buy it and also I don't know anybody who goes shopping, puts an item in their basket goes to the till and goes back to do the same routine with each and every item. :rolleyes:

And then banshee says it’s time to check out your basket, if you don’t it’s not yours, it just sits, it’s like having chicken in your basket in ASDA and not putting it through the tills, you just wouldn’t walk around all day, that’s what you’re doing if you’re putting it in your basket and somebody else could have had it, make sure you’re checking it out. Interiors expert in a fit of hysterics, easily amused by the looks of it, or maybe just great acting. ;):ROFLMAO:
Nae quite sure how that analogy works like, everybody I know would walk around with items in their basket till they finished shopping then go to the till, I don't know anybody that goes into ASDA to put something in basket walk around all day then not buy it and also I don't know anybody who goes shopping, puts an item in their basket goes to the till and goes back to do the same routine with each and every item. :rolleyes:
This is what I don't get. I asked on here before but nobody answered :(

They bleat on about checking out your basket, however surely they give consumers a grace period on the website before an item can be removed? I remember another presenter a while back saying if you don't check out and stock is depleted, the item will be removed from your basket to fulfil newer orders that come in. However surely they wouldn't do this if it's only been in your basket for a few mins?

I think of the scenario when booking tickets for a concert/show. You 'put them in your basket' and a message usually pops up saying 'you have x minutes to complete the transaction or your allocated seats will no longer be reserved.' This can be 20 mins or as short as 5 mins depending on the vendor and/or popularity of the artist. They sometimes have a countdown clock to remind you.

So jokes aside I get the need to 'check out' especially for popular items, however surely IW offer a grace period of x mins for transactions to be completed, no? Assuming they do, they're crafty for not mentioning that and making it sound so URGENT all the blo0dy time!

This is what I don't get. I asked on here before but nobody answered :(

They bleat on about checking out your basket, however surely they give consumers a grace period on the website before an item can be removed? I remember another presenter a while back saying if you don't check out and stock is depleted, the item will be removed from your basket to fulfil newer orders that come in. However surely they wouldn't do this if it's only been in your basket for a few mins?

I think of the scenario when booking tickets for a concert/show. You 'put them in your basket' and a message usually pops up saying 'you have x minutes to complete the transaction or your allocated seats will no longer be reserved.' This can be 20 mins or as short as 5 mins depending on the vendor and/or popularity of the artist. They sometimes have a countdown clock to remind you.

So jokes aside I get the need to 'check out' especially for popular items, however surely IW offer a grace period of x mins for transactions to be completed, no? Assuming they do, they're crafty for not mentioning that and making it sound so URGENT all the blo0dy time!

Also, how many times have they said, when you add a certain item you open a flexi basket or if it's something like mattress show and they also have pillows on the show, you may want to wait to see the pillows shown to see what like they are before you check out your mattress. Fashion shows where there may end up being a few items over a show you might want to buy. The basket should remain open and untouched for say 15 minutes after all items have been shown or the end of the show.
I can see why they may wish to get you to check out quickly, not only to get sale, but if you end up with multiple orders on show, you pay multiple postage.
Chasing folks to check out at the end of a show is one thing, but this harping on about checking out or you may lose it, right from the start of a show when there is plenty of stock is just ridiculous.

Also, how many times have they said, when you add a certain item you open a flexi basket or if it's something like mattress show and they also have pillows on the show, you may want to wait to see the pillows shown to see what like they are before you check out your mattress. Fashion shows where there may end up being a few items over a show you might want to buy. The basket should remain open and untouched for say 15 minutes after all items have been shown or the end of the show.
I can see why they may wish to get you to check out quickly, not only to get sale, but if you end up with multiple orders on show, you pay multiple postage.
Chasing folks to check out at the end of a show is one thing, but this harping on about checking out or you may lose it, right from the start of a show when there is plenty of stock is just ridiculous.
Exactly. Let's say you're watching a double length watch show. Throughout, they offer 12 different watches with presentations spread across the shows. You want to buy 5 of the watches which I'm sure would delight IW. Are they seriously suggesting you check out, in this scenario, 5 individual times during the show? I reckon the items are secure in your basket for at least a short while, whether 5, 10, 15 or 20 mins. If they're not, shame on IW. I would be thoroughly pee'd off if I'd put an item in my basket and 4 mins later it was removed to fulfil another customers order!

Latest posts

Back