Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Think he has a bit of a cheek calling them books, my local papers has more pages than those things.

There is now way he can charge the original price, firstly not worth it, secondly they're old been out nearly a decade, and thirdly Amazon have them dirt cheap.
He needs to get himself on celebrity masterchef to raise his profile ...

So we had the interiors expert, along with the screeching banshee, singing the praise of the Downland feather and down box pillows this morning, the Banshee has them, best pillow she’s tried and she’s tried a lot and is an expert in pillows, saying how much support it gives, and the interiors expert also admits to having them herself as well as GX, My Pillows and mulberry silk all on her bed at once, must have been all the freebies for promoting each one as the best pillow you can have on their respective shows. Strangely, the interiors expert doesn’t have the Dormeo profiling pillow on her bed, which is weird considering the praise she gave it on a Dormeo show, perfect match for a Dormeo mattress she said. Oh wait I remember now when it’s not a Dormeo show, the profiling pillow gets tossed on the floor as it’s useless for 70% of us. :ROFLMAO:
This is why it's a poor presenting strategy to say 'this is my fave' or 'me mam has this one' as they're sure to dig holes for themselves when selling x different varieties of the same thing. Maybe they sleep on a mattress topper, that in turn is on top of a Dormeo mattress, that in turn is on top of an Emma mattress :)

Friday night and another watch brand RGMT Timepieces blockbuster according to the schedule.

Looks like another Solar Time Chinese watch brand, not much info on their site, the only info i can gleam is from terms & conditions, the governing law is Hong Kong law and under privacy if you want to contact their compliance officer they are at Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House London GB N1 9RY, which just by chance happens to be The Dartmouth Brands address.

Bet KR doesn't know the VK64 also hacks 🤔😁

Well he's got to look and sound as though he knows what he's speaking about, you know the meca quartz or Hybrid as Kev likes to call it, has only been about since the late 80s, when Jaeger LeCoultre developed a couple and more recently a cheaper version by Seiko, he'll catch up one day. ;):ROFLMAO:

Oh he mentioned Baume & Mercier again, pic time (was going to post it earlier, but got distracted). promise no more pics for a while. :ROFLMAO:
IMG_20201116_194312_1-crop1.jpg

Well he's got to look and sound as though he knows what he's speaking about, you know the meca quartz or Hybrid as Kev likes to call it, has only been about since the late 80s, when Jaeger LeCoultre developed a couple and more recently a cheaper version by Seiko, he'll catch up one day. ;):ROFLMAO:

Oh he mentioned Baume & Mercier again, pic time (was going to post it earlier, but got distracted). promise no more pics for a while. :ROFLMAO:View attachment 19921
Please don't hesitate to post more pics, especially the nicer ones 😎

De Knees harping on about their exclusive deal/bundle because Tefal & Ideal world are like best buddies, so they're exclusive deal for the 20 piece tefal set is £159.99 +£5.99 p&p - £165.98, great deal ideal.

Can make a 23 piece set from Amazon, a 20 piece set (without the glass lids) at £122.51 + glass lids at £37.48 - £159.99 free p & p and with that get all that's in the Ideal World bundle plus an extra Ladle, drainer cover and multidiameter cover.

Sorry Ideal but you can stuff your exclusive deal, all i can say is, thank god some of us know how to search the internet unlike a lot of your customers. :)

I had to laugh the other night when Shaun was selling watches with Kevin. Referring to Vostok watches, I think Shaun was maybe struggling for things to say, so we got something like this ...

'And you know Kevin, in all the years I've presented watch shows with you, I must have handled 1000's of Vostok watches. Never has one been broken or not worked properly! The quality is amazing.'

Kevin then goes on to speak about Vostok's quality control etc etc.

I'm not saying Shaun meant it this way (or maybe he did!) however it almost came across as inferring some of the watches he's handled/presented over the years have been broken or not worked properly :) I won't mention the S&E watch I posted about a few weeks back that was shown with one of the sub dial hands completely missing ;)

This confused me (not) given they bleat on about almost every watch they sell being of the highest quality, future heirloom etc etc. Also, given they love telling us Vostok watches should be selling for a LOT more, I'd blo0dy well expect them all to work properly!

Interiors again this morning, duvets, pillows etc, with our Guest expert, Alex Knowles, qualifications to be an Interiors Expert, 7 months working freelance as a guest on IW. ;)

And what is it will the guys on IW, the way the handle, cuddle and stroke and describe, pillows, duvets, Duvet covers, women's clothing etc, who acts or speaks like that, it's ****** creepy. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Interiors again this morning, duvets, pillows etc, with our Guest expert, Alex Knowles, qualifications to be an Interiors Expert, 7 months working freelance as a guest on IW. ;)

And what is it will the guys on IW, the way the handle, cuddle and stroke and describe, pillows, duvets, Duvet covers, women's clothing etc, who acts or speaks like that, it's ****** creepy. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Are we all thinking of the same guy? Oh yes, I thought so LOL

I had to laugh the other night when Shaun was selling watches with Kevin. Referring to Vostok watches, I think Shaun was maybe struggling for things to say, so we got something like this ...

'And you know Kevin, in all the years I've presented watch shows with you, I must have handled 1000's of Vostok watches. Never has one been broken or not worked properly! The quality is amazing.'

Kevin then goes on to speak about Vostok's quality control etc etc.

I'm not saying Shaun meant it this way (or maybe he did!) however it almost came across as inferring some of the watches he's handled/presented over the years have been broken or not worked properly :) I won't mention the S&E watch I posted about a few weeks back that was shown with one of the sub dial hands completely missing ;)

This confused me (not) given they bleat on about almost every watch they sell being of the highest quality, future heirloom etc etc. Also, given they love telling us Vostok watches should be selling for a LOT more, I'd blo0dy well expect them all to work properly!

I think on the whole VE's watches will be ok, being a watchmaker they depend on building a reputation for good quality control, etc but that doesn't mean all their watches are perfect, but as they're distributors are usually the go to folk for service and repairs, any watches with problems should in theory be spotted by them before they even get to a customer but odd ones will slip through. Although I have seen a VE watch with misaligned hands and heard of others with problems with the movement and crown, but to be honest not a lot, biggest negative for VE is the size of the watches and IW.;)
The likes of Swan & Edgar, are a completely different ball game, they just buy in inexpensive watches and charge an inflated price, so that if any problems exist they can just replace with another watch and still make money. The watches will come straight from China, unboxed and wait to either ship to IW or customers on their web site, any quality control (In China or UK) will probably very minimal or none existent, certainly Swan & Edgar won't carry any proper quality control out, heck they wouldn't know where to start. All they will do is unpack boxes from China, store them and dispatch them to customers of their web site or pass on those that IW (or any other retailer stupid enough to sell their watches) will be selling.

Was watching Jess selling the Beldray mop machine thing, and she said it would only be available at IW.

Would they really engineer something just for a shopping channel
The product is most likely also available under another brand name and Ideal World would pay the owners of the Beldray brand a sum of money to enable them (IW) to exclusively sell a particular product using the Beldray name (which they now also do with those ceramic radiators I think). Another example: JVC products sold by Currys in the UK that aren't actually manufactured by JVC.

Was watching Jess selling the Beldray mop machine thing, and she said it would only be available at IW.

Would they really engineer something just for a shopping channel

Don't see it off hand on the internet, apart from Amazon, but it's Ideal World that's selling it on Amazon Marketplace and it's £1 cheaper, postage is only £4.99 on Amazon.

Do see from comments on Amazon, big gripe is lack of spares, seemingly the soft roller doesn't last that long, and nobody stocks spares, bit like IW and their Vostok Europe watches, they don't stock straps like other sellers do.

The product is most likely also available under another brand name and Ideal World would pay the owners of the Beldray brand a sum of money to enable them (IW) to exclusively sell a particular product using the Beldray name (which they now also do with those ceramic radiators I think). Another example: JVC products sold by Currys in the UK that aren't actually manufactured by JVC.

Yeah, Beldray don't make anything, the original Beldray did at Bilston, but even they had started outsourcing from China before they bit the dust. As you say, the present day Beldray will just source products from various Chinese manufacturers and have their branding put on it. From the looks of the products, they're not buying in high end stuff, quality definitely looks like cheaper end of the market products.

Latest posts

Back