Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is farcical the way he keeps telling the same stupid story, thermostatically controlled, all new builds, everyone in Scandinavian countries have it, yet it's all rubbish. Yeah some heating systems are controlled by a central thermostat by vast majority use thermostatic valves, yeah some new build have ceramic heating but a lot don't, and yeah some Scandinavians use ceramic but again a lot don't.
Trouble if Peter was just to give an unbiased honest review, then it would quickly become clear that there isn't any huge advantages to having ceramic heating and any advantages can easily be negated by the disadvantages.
When heating a whole house as against a single room, yeah Peter heating one room might be fine in the South of England, but when Temperatures fall to the likes of -10 to -20 in the middle of winter in the North of the Country, then one electric heater doesn't cut it, the only advantage Ceramic has over Central heating, is Install cost and the radiators will heat up quicker (10 minutes), but that has to be weighed against the running cost which is substantially higher and Central Heating can also be used to give you hot water, so with ceramic you'd have the extra cost of running an immersion heater on top.

If you take the one room scenario, then your just as well will a fan assisted electric heater, although it doesn't store heat like the ceramic, it will heat the room considerably faster than the ceramic heater, so running costs would only be slightly higher but install cost would be a lot cheaper.
Exactly. Scrooge like people might buy one heater and drag it around from room to room, however for most people (whether families or those living on their own) it's preferable for the building to be heated, although that doesn't have to mean all rads on full 24/7. All modern heating solutions are very controllable. Heck half decent central heating installs 20+ years ago had TRVs etc fitted!

They're muppets.

Oh yeah I forgot to post about the tea they were selling. I think including p&p it was around £20 for 40 tea bags, is that right?

If so, I'll stick with my Tetley's thanks :)

Exactly. Scrooge like people might buy one heater and drag it around from room to room, however for most people (whether families or those living on their own) it's preferable for the building to be heated, although that doesn't have to mean all rads on full 24/7. All modern heating solutions are very controllable. Heck half decent central heating installs 20+ years ago had TRVs etc fitted!

They're muppets.

First couple of jobs I had when i left school in 75 was working in the heating trade, TRV's were being fitted back then, that will soon be 46 years ago, god i feel ancient now, or as Peter V would say i'm like central heating, archaic. :eek::ROFLMAO:

I picked up a 420 bag for £5 at Asda the other day.:)
But you could have bought the same amount of the IW ones ... albeit for £210 ;)

I'm old school with stuff like that. Hate going into a cafe and seeing 10 different teas on the board. I just scan for the one that reads as though it's the closest to good old fashioned tea and ask for that one :)

But you could have bought the same amount of the IW ones ... albeit for £210 ;)

I'm old school with stuff like that. Hate going into a cafe and seeing 10 different teas on the board. I just scan for the one that reads as though it's the closest to good old fashioned tea and ask for that one :)

I remember the first time i went into one of these modern cafes, my experience of coffee then was it came in jar with nescafe or Kenco on the label, i went into i think it was cafe nero if i remember and asked for a coffee and a muffin to be met by a girl asking which one and reeling of a list of names, Americano, Espresso, Cappuccino, Frappuchino, etc, rather agitated and feeling really stupid i said i just want a bloomin coffee have you not got nescafe or something. ;):ROFLMAO:

They look like hunks of metal with the minimum of finishing to the cases, everything is like square/sharp edges and a quick brush finishing.

Peter says if you take them to an independent valuer, I think you would be devastated, shocked.

Yeah, especially when they tell you it ain't worth anything near what you've been told by IW.;)

Now i'm a bit confused, they're taking about how hard it was to get them especially the demolition watch. Sunny Jim says the American distributor bought six months stock and sold out in a week. And we've been fighting over it and saying we got to have this particular timepiece. And they added later, that Jim and Gavin went into negotiations with the American distributors and after 8 months of negotiations they managed to get these 6 watches for the show.

I call bullshit on this whole pack of lies.

Ok first of all just so we know who sunny Jim is, as well as having his own consulting co helping watch brands etc and business development, he's also a Sales Director for THE DARTMOUTH BRANDS

The RGMT.co web site in America, the American distributors, is run by THE DARTMOUTH BRANDS, oh and those watches they sold out of in 6 days are all still available to buy.

Strangely enough one other place sells RGMT watches, Mainstring Boutique, Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House, 26-36 Wharfdale Road, London N1 9RY, they must be really special as they the WHOLE RGMT range on their web site for sale.

Of course it's not really strange as you know who is located at Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House, 26-36 Wharfdale Road, London N1 9RY, THE DARTMOUTH BRANDS that our Sunny Jim works for and it's also the address that RGMT American site is linked to.

Out and out conmen.

That second hand is not sweeping on the navigator watch. So doubt it's a proper Seiko VK64 🤔

Ok think they just don't know what's inside it, think it's just a plain chrono movement.

but anyway, peter says was developed 18 months ago, which Sunny Jim agreed with, amateurs.

Then Peter spoke a load of rubbish about ETA and Seiko. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back