Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lovely underpants show on at present, featuring the man growing his back hair down to the floor, and an orange coloured male modell...who appears to have placed a punnet of seedless grapes down his pants...er...trunks. He has also been given a very large stick mike to provide a running commentary on how tight his drawers are. If only they could take the one away from the bloke with the greasy mullet, that would be Ideal..

"Come on Girls, set your videos," the Stan Butler body double shouts. "You don't get many of these to the pound..." "Eel and whelks for tea." 1972 is alive and kicking.

I am not sure Calvin Klein's pants half hours sit very well with me. I only tuned in for the iPhone show and now I feel extremely unwell.
I just have one question:- how do you know they were seedless grapes🤣🤩🤪? I'm glad I missed that show, I bet you wished you had too...

So the Guest Tea Expert is an Ideal World VT Editor. :confused:
I think I'll call myself a Tea Expert. I buy whatever brand is on offer in Sainsbury's (other supermarkets are available). When I get home I put a tea bag in my favourite mug, pour boiling water on it, leave it for a few minutes, and then put milk in. Sometimes I have a biscuit with it. I'm on my way to Peterborough to offer my services...

Not sure if this has been mentioned on here before, but has anyone else noticed that all the five star invited reviews have gone from Trustpilot? There were a lot of comments on there about them!

Surreal viewing in the early hours

Usual record the collectables show but couldn't sleep

Firstly they did 10 minutes on some awful bears that were sold on Ideal World 20 years ago (I kid you not) then they showed another bear which looked like a gollywog tribute and had Ellis Ward presenter written all over the front....... Words fail

They then did 10 minutes on some random pans whilst Gary sat there on his own.

Then the usual collectables (with some kids toy thrown in for no obvious reason) before Rob Locke did 30 minutes with that posh watch woman who looked like she would rather be anywhere else than with Rob Locke at 245am.

I will be amazed if the collectables show returns in the new year if they are having to fill time in what should be peak buying season they have no chance then.

Thick as mince, he keeps referring to the Vulcan as a Westland Vulcan 🙄
Plus I don't see any connection with these watches to anything historical, deco? No Deco to see, Indigo Jones? No architecture I can see, unless it's the green colour 🤣

This is a five star review of the Swan and Edgar Aviator watch from the IW website - I have cut and pasted it in it's entirety ;

'The salesman really sold this to me. He was so knowledgeable as he spoke of how WWII aviators chose automatic watches over quartz ones as they flew their jets against the Luftwaffe.'

What is going on here ?

The writer obviously knows that there were no quartz watches at that time and also that the only jet fighter deployed during WW11 was German -the ME 262.

So how has this piece of mickey taking ended up as a five star review ???

Perhaps someone from Ideal World could explain.

Firstly they did 10 minutes on some awful bears that were sold on Ideal World 20 years ago (I kid you not) then they showed another bear which looked like a gollywog tribute and had Ellis Ward presenter written all over the front....... Words fail

Then the usual collectables (with some kids toy thrown in for no obvious reason) before Rob Locke did 30 minutes with that posh watch woman who looked like she would rather be anywhere else than with Rob Locke at 245am.

I will be amazed if the collectables show returns in the new year if they are having to fill time in what should be peak buying season they have no chance then.
Yeah I watched some of it. Rob mentioned something about a relatively short notice change from their Saturday slot to Friday, however I can't see how a day early would change what they had available lineup wise. I agree, if they're going to start incorporating 'collectible' things like cheap teddy bears and a finger puppet show thingy, it surely detracts from their original premise for the show.

Mind you, Rob apparently has a couple of acting gigs coming up, one's a tv part, the other's in a movie. I think he's off selly telly screens for the next couple of weeks shooting. He's keeping his lips sealed on what the projects are, however depending on their significance, we might see less of him on IW? Jokes aside, I wish him well in his endeavors as acting is obviously where his heart lies.

I used to watch the original collectibles shows on IW with Harry Dashburn and Lavers back in the early 2000s. Watching the 20 years later version the other night on video, not a lot of changed, including the video.

As you mentioned, they even had some of the original stock from the first shows. It conjures up an image of somebody from floor management opening a cupboard door and a green 51 reg VW Beetle, a Fuk Luk Sau, a talking framed fish and a load of old dusty unsold bears falling out!!

I do like Harry, but what he is selling seems as stale as his old shorts. In fact did they actually sell anything?

A Rolling Stones jacket for around two and a half grand? Are you having a laugh? I'd want Keith Richards wheeled in for an encore of As Tears Go By for that money, and not some old jacket from 1990 in XL.

The rest of it? A Madonna record in silver for £44? I think I could pick up her entire discography from a charity shop for less than that these days. The Queen album in orange vinyl for £44? Sounds like a lot of money to me, and I saw quite a few examples for cheaper on a well-known auction site recently.

Along with the old stock bears, the usual football type memorabilia, and the jackets, there seemed very little to encourage you to spend. and I would certainly want to know a lot more about the provenance, numbers and history of the Rolling Stones and George Michael items before ever considering to part with such a large amount of money for them.

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but compared to some on there, Locke is a decent enough host and at least he has lived a little and has some interesting anecdotes to recount. He works well (not as well as Paul did) with old Harry, and overall I found the program an entertaining watch (1000 brands currently available). But if the reason we are meant to be watching this is to actually buy things, I think they may have a problem on these shows. Would love to know the sales figures for them or the lack of them.

I used to watch the original collectibles shows on IW with Harry Dashburn and Lavers back in the early 2000s. Watching the 20 years later version the other night on video, not a lot of changed, including the video.

As you mentioned, they even had some of the original stock from the first shows. It conjures up an image of somebody from floor management opening a cupboard door and a green 51 reg VW Beetle, a Fuk Luk Sau, a talking framed fish and a load of old dusty unsold bears falling out!!

I do like Harry, but what he is selling seems as stale as his old shorts. In fact did they actually sell anything?

A Rolling Stones jacket for around two and a half grand? Are you having a laugh? I'd want Keith Richards wheeled in for an encore of As Tears Go By for that money, and not some old jacket from 1990 in XL.

The rest of it? A Madonna record in silver for £44? I think I could pick up her entire discography from a charity shop for less than that these days. The Queen album in orange vinyl for £44? Sounds like a lot of money to me, and I saw quite a few examples for cheaper on a well-known auction site recently.

Along with the old stock bears, the usual football type memorabilia, and the jackets, there seemed very little to encourage you to spend. and I would certainly want to know a lot more about the provenance, numbers and history of the Rolling Stones and George Michael items before ever considering to part with such a large amount of money for them.

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but compared to some on there, Locke is a decent enough host and at least he has lived a little and has some interesting anecdotes to recount. He works well (not as well as Paul did) with old Harry, and overall I found the program an entertaining watch (1000 brands currently available). But if the reason we are meant to be watching this is to actually buy things, I think they may have a problem on these shows. Would love to know the sales figures for them or the lack of them.
Good points. A lot of the stuff they sell you can get comparable (or better) online from other reputable retailers. And I agree they seem to trot out the same stuff. You need to have your head screwed on when buying. For example they might be selling you a very impressive looking framed collage of famous person x with a signature, but what are you actually getting? A large frame, filled with a picture (that will be viewable and printable online for free) a CD (unless something exciting about its provenance, so what?) a picture of the CD cover and then what you're actually paying for ... a small piece of paper with the signature. That's the potentially valuable thing in the whole piece.

As long as you buy eyes wide open, fine, and yes they do signed items and the occasional rare item. However I agree with you, it needs a shake up.

Ceramic Radiators made by Warm Home whoever they are.

2000w Twinpack £429.99.

But at checkout you get 10% off, which makes it £386.99, why do they tell you the £429.99, why don’t they just tell you the end price. Peter V and his bloddy heatgun again, hope he’s using Warm Home plates, and not the others.

On the Collectables, Its all too expensive for me, especially when you can get cheaper

Latest posts

Back