Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TJC launched a prime-like service last week (same price as Prime) In fact in explaining it they admitted it was their version of prime.

This looks like a masterstroke by them. I had noted the delivery speeds had improved a lot this year so presume they have been setting it up behind the scenes for a while, for a channel that sells a lot of different lines in a day think the sales will carry on rising (already seem big numbers today for a Monday).

I worked for Amazon way back when now they quickly realized that customers who had prime were much more likely to spend than those who didn't (hardly groundbreaking but the % was ridiculously high) So much they didn't and still don't care if people get round the monthly or annual fee such is worth to them.
TJC have always got their eye on the ball. They've been selling loads of earrings and pendants with all the zoom stuff going on where people only have to worry about head shots.

It's my go to channel now.

TJC have always got their eye on the ball. They've been selling loads of earrings and pendants with all the zoom stuff going on where people only have to worry about head shots.

It's my go to channel now.

Correct they do a lot wrong still but the one thing they are is adaptable

As I have said before I can't believe that Ideal taking sometimes 90 minutes out for one product is a great strategy going forward

Even QVC seem to be flexible on the odd occasions I watch

Agreed they made this change just the right time as well with more eyes on the channel

Also a lot of the time there is genuine interactivity on the messages/email

Laura and Andy Hodgson have been one of the funnier duos for a long time in this format for me
They have had me laughing my head off.

Paul Lavers was on over the weekend wearing a coat and tie covered in stars 😁

The phone man ( Grant ? ) was furious last night - Peter had cued him to speak , and as soon as he started Peter started bellowing ;

'YER'LL NEED TO CHECK OUT YER BASKETS !!!!!!!!!!!!'

I thought Grant was going to walk off -even Peter realised he had overdone it and started backtracking.

Think you have hit on a great point there Momma.

There are at least three maybe four "duos" on TJC who when I see them I think they have a genuine friendship off-screen (or they are very good actors which let's face it if they were they wouldn't be on shopping tv)

Ideal you have a generic "expert" most of the time and the whole thing feels forced and formulaic. More than anything it must be boring for them which comes across.

Think you have hit on a great point there Momma.

There are at least three maybe four "duos" on TJC who when I see them I think they have a genuine friendship off-screen (or they are very good actors which let's face it if they were they wouldn't be on shopping tv)

Ideal you have a generic "expert" most of the time and the whole thing feels forced and formulaic. More than anything it must be boring for them which comes across.
There is no humour on IW as far as I can see. Just lots of cringey, embarrassment. Despite their constant little outbursts of laughter like just now when DeKnees said she wants the coat in rust 'hahahaha' .....fgs

Monsterously busy, so they have nowt left in stock.

May as well shut down, until the deliveries come in from china.
I would LOVE to have access to IW's 'system' to see the actual purchase quantities going through when they (usually Mike M) bellow at us how busy it is. They're monstrously busy 90% of the time it seems ...

Emma mattress again and of course it's the fantastic 36% discounts. De knees doing the price comparison with Emma's usual prices and IW discount prices and savings and she adds this bit.

De Knees -"The King Size, that should be £609, when i say it should be, IT IS £609 with Emma, but you're getting an exclusive IW offer of £389.76 you save £209.24."

Actually IT'S NOT, at the moment Emma have a 35% discount so IW prices are only 1% cheaper, so all these so called massive savings are a load of bull.

Thought you could only tell the truth Deknees, you keep saying you can only say truthful, factual information as IW have three compliance officers to keep you right, are they on hols or something?

I would LOVE to have access to IW's 'system' to see the actual purchase quantities going through when they (usually Mike M) bellow at us how busy it is. They're monstrously busy 90% of the time it seems ...

Well as has been said quite a few times on here, if they are selling out so quickly then the buyers are doing a crap job, they are obviously not stocking enough.

The phone man ( Grant ? ) was furious last night - Peter had cued him to speak , and as soon as he started Peter started bellowing ;

I thought Grant was going to walk off -even Peter realised he had overdone it and started backtracking.

Reg Varney is bad for that as well or making loud silly noises as the guests in the middle of saying something, very unprofessional.

I've seen that before, I don't think Grant suffers fools gladly

Latest posts

Back