Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"After tonight i've a feeling you won't see this watch again"

Yeah, unless you go to the German Buran distributor, she has them in stock. ;)

But it's no surprise they are just about finished as it's a LTD ED watch that has been out for years.

"If your new to these shows, new to Monday night, new to Buran, new to this watch here, Buran they often say Swiss heart, Russian soul."

That doesn't look right, you missed a bit Kev. ;)

"If your new to these shows, new to Monday night, new to Buran, new to this watch here, new to IW bullshit, Buran they often say Swiss heart, Russian soul."

I've seen that before, I don't think Grant suffers fools gladly
In reality, for many of the shows, the main presenter is surplus to requirements in my opinion. With a bit more training, many of the guest presenters could carry the shows. e.g. do we actually need Peter S with his one pack hanging out doing the keep fit shows? The keep fit guest/expert could do it, especially seeing as they usually have another person demo'ing the equipment.

Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps sales numbers would decrease if the main presenter wasn't there?

Had to chuckle the other night when they were selling an Android phone. Peter S was bellowing at (Grant?) that he had a friend who recently bought a £1200 phone (I'm assuming he meant an iPhone) and that next time the friend had said they would seriously consider Android as it's so good.

However, when IW is selling refurbed iPhones we're told you can't get better than the 'iPhone experience.'

So, which is it? If you were cynical you'd say they're simply changing their stories to back up whatever they're selling ;)

In reality, for many of the shows, the main presenter is surplus to requirements in my opinion. With a bit more training, many of the guest presenters could carry the shows. e.g. do we actually need Peter S with his one pack hanging out doing the keep fit shows? The keep fit guest/expert could do it, especially seeing as they usually have another person demo'ing the equipment.

Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps sales numbers would decrease if the main presenter wasn't there?

You would think they would at least give it a go

For example, Proskins Jess is still the guest on that show despite being a very capable main presenter in her own right she could easily do that show.

As I have said a few times the sales figures (for all his many faults) Peter Simon MUST be good he can't be as cheap as the majority of the other presenters

I'm the opposite to Peter Simon's faux friend, I want to change my Android to an iphone
I've always had Android but tbh I'm not heavily into my phones, so it does what I need it to. I liken it (the Android vs iPhone debate) a bit to the Playstation vs xBox debate, can go on and on with no clear winner :)

Oh gosh Lindsey on TJC is back at her worst selling a 2 in 1 steam vacuum cleaner

She has just stated if you are over 60 any shielding you must buy this due to current circumstances

She then said it is a carpet cleaner (it isn't in the sale the other day with Andy Hodgson he explained it is a carpet glider, not a cleaner)

She would do anything for a sale even more than the Ideal mob

WASH YOUR CARPETS

you can't with this, ASA complaint time this has annoyed me

Oh gosh Lindsey on TJC is back at her worst selling a 2 in 1 steam vacuum cleaner

She has just stated if you are over 60 any shielding you must buy this due to current circumstances

She then said it is a carpet cleaner (it isn't in the sale the other day with Andy Hodgson he explained it is a carpet glider, not a cleaner)

She would do anything for a sale even more than the Ideal mob

WASH YOUR CARPETS

you can't with this, ASA complaint time this has annoyed me
Trying to get sales through fear, lowest of the low tactics. All done with faux sincerity.

Normally on the mattress shows, we have Fabro and mason making fun of folks looking for a new mattress and pretending to be them going in a shop trying a mattress for a few seconds and saying, this is great, that'll do us. And they make a big point of you can't tell how good a mattress is by using it for a few minutes in a store.
Well De Knees just made a mockery of that argument, by lying, not even properly and with a mic pack on her hip, exclaiming it was fabulous and incredible within a couple of seconds, so it looks like you can go into store and judge how good a mattress is within a few seconds. :)

Latest posts

Back