Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Obviously the presenter guy knows sod all about watches. :ROFLMAO:

"Tell me tony why is it called the Driver?"

"because it's motorsport influenced, strap, the roman numerals, the bezel you can time your races on, that's a rotating bezel, so if you want to time races you can time it on that."

I have to stop there, as it's just so funny, that you would use a diver's bezel to time motor races. :ROFLMAO:

Massive shock 😳 can't believe the price 😲 nobody told me this was happening 😲 Well it's happened every watch show 🙄
I was channel hopping earlier today and ended up on TJC (I think). They said something like, they had to sell the item at this (presumably cheap) price as it had been described wrongly...🤔

Asquith's legacy and war time history is celebrated in the Limited Edition Essential watch. :unsure:

Ok serious question, how in the hell does that watch celebrate Asquith's Legacy or WW1 history?

Does it look like a watch from that era? - No
Did watches have diver's bezels in that era? - No
Did they have SS Bracelets in that era? - No

I'm at a loss to figure out how this watch can celebrate anybody's legacy from that era let alone Asquith.

Obviously the presenter guy knows sod all about watches. :ROFLMAO:

"Tell me tony why is it called the Driver?"

"because it's motorsport influenced, strap, the roman numerals, the bezel you can time your races on, that's a rotating bezel, so if you want to time races you can time it on that."

I have to stop there, as it's just so funny, that you would use a diver's bezel to time motor races. :ROFLMAO:
And that's the Art Deco model as a Swan&Edgar so what's a tyre tread pattern strap got to do with art deco or any other part of the watch 🥴

I watched a couple of mins last night, Swan & Edgar being sold by Peter S. Without a word of a lie, I watched for about 90 secs max, however fear not, that was still enough time to hear some guff being spouted from good old Peter. Paraphrasing but was something like:

This is Swan & Edgar. Each one is HAND ASSEMBLED with love by 4 generations of expert watch makers. There's a caressing of care with each watch they produce. 150 years the Swan & Edgar store stood ...

Blah blah blah. I wonder how much of the assembling the owners actually do ;) I also laughed cause the word 'caressing' was used by him during the verbal waffle :) I tried to imagine the people on the production line, I'm sure the word caressing often pops into their minds as they work, Ha Ha HAaaa :)

Asquith's legacy and war time history is celebrated in the Limited Edition Essential watch. :unsure:

Ok serious question, how in the hell does that watch celebrate Asquith's Legacy or WW1 history?

Does it look like a watch from that era? - No
Did watches have diver's bezels in that era? - No
Did they have SS Bracelets in that era? - No

I'm at a loss to figure out how this watch can celebrate anybody's legacy from that era let alone Asquith.
These watch makers pluck any historic event out of thin air and assign said history to any watch.

This is our 'Riva' model. It takes its design cues from the classic Lada Riva motor vehicle. Just as the car was renowned for its beautiful lines and overall quality, so is the watch.

Must be a problem with Reynolds, been scheduled for Monday night watch show all week and Gevril tonight, but was change late yesterday to baby fields tonight and Gevril tomorrow and no Vostok/Mathey-Tissot/Buran show in sight.
But all is not lost, "all four corner of the world" is back on Wednesday, his show is early so nobody should be "nodding" off.

Me Mam - "we will actually deliver this for free"

No you won't, Emma will be delivering for free, you're just doing an advert, any sales have sod all to do with you or IW. And unless you're working for Emma, you should be saying Emma instead of we.

Feel like spewing listening to this two explain how important a mattress and sleep is to us, you'd think we were idiots.

Yeah Shaun, 36%, but in reality buying through the IW link only gives you a massive 1% black Friday saving as Emma already are giving 35%, to every non IW customers, on their web site.

She's a cracking actress is that Shona.

Guys, I have some insider info. IW will soon be selling lightbulbs. They will come in a single or twin pack. I've managed to get my hands on the presenter script that'll be used when selling the bulbs ...

'Hey, why are you lighting up your whole house? I bet some of you have the lounge, kitchen and maybe a bedroom light on at the same time, am I right? You IDIOTS! Here's what you should be doing. Buy one of our bulbs. Insert it in the ceiling fitment of the room you're in. Then, when you need to move to another room, unscrew the bulb, take it with you, and insert it in the other room. Make life even easier for yourself by buying the twin pack. Keep a bulb upstairs and a bulb downstairs. You know us, we tell it as it is. Having a bulb installed in each room, sitting there doing nothing 95% of the time is such a waste!

And the added bonus is, with our bulbs, when you switch the power off, they keep giving light for another 0.1 secs!'

Latest posts

Back