Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All i will say is that Ideal DO have some good products (The core they mainly rotate to death admittley)

The Nutribullet was a fantastic "get" by their buying team way back when and they a good half dozen products that are constantly well reviewed.

I think their buying team is underestimated, QVC have "nicked" at least 4 of their products in the last year, how long they can keep finding such products its hard to say.

On the surface Qvc look to be doing really well not so sure they are miles away from problems myself (the social media feedback tells you that)

I have no doubts the "culture" at Ideal is to pressure sell Rachel Pierman is the best example when she started she was polite, friendly and very softly softly, she is now trying to be more hard sell but it is obviously not her game. I may suggest this is why she doesnt get many shifts i could be wrong.

Last edited:
Let me tell you something. 'Chef' William has a catchphrase, it's 'but you get the idea'.

Now, i'm no Chef but to my layman's eye it seems 'Chef' William says 'but you get the idea' when the dish he has prepared is/has:-

Under Cooked
Over Cooked
Too Thick
Too Runny
Totally Raw On The Inside, Incinerated On The Outside
Collapsed In A Sloppy Mound
Exploded
Imploded

But I have to say he effortlessly delivers his catchphrase without flinching, the hallmark of a true Ideal World Blag Artist.

He's right at home :mysmilie_59:

Sounds like 'Wayne' from Bid. It's a shame he never managed to kill off anyone...

Let me tell you something. 'Chef' William has a catchphrase, it's 'but you get the idea'.

Now, i'm no Chef but to my layman's eye it seems 'Chef' William says 'but you get the idea' when the dish he has prepared is/has:-

Under Cooked
Over Cooked
Too Thick
Too Runny
Totally Raw On The Inside, Incinerated On The Outside
Collapsed In A Sloppy Mound
Exploded
Imploded

But I have to say he effortlessly delivers his catchphrase without flinching, the hallmark of a true Ideal World Blag Artist.

He's right at home :mysmilie_59:

I made lasagne yesterday, I had an idea but you know what? turned out crap............so I had another idea, and binned it. Message to self, my idea, as it turns out, is different to chef Williams............who knew?! :mysmilie_17:

They're selling those unbelievably over hyped ceramic heaters for £299.99, that's half price. If you're interested you must be quick, the price goes up to £600 at the end of the 'Blockbuster'.

Personally I have never seen them sold at any other price than £299.99. I'm sure it will go up to £600 then, pretty quickly, drop again to £299.99

Help needed - Has anyone used the Spear and Jackson spray and leave? Thinking of getting some but would like to hear what it performs like, and see if it works as well as being claimed. Need it to clean my conservatory. Thank's :mysmilie_59:

Help needed - Has anyone used the Spear and Jackson spray and leave? Thinking of getting some but would like to hear what it performs like, and see if it works as well as being claimed. Need it to clean my conservatory. Thank's :mysmilie_59:

No - but have you checked out the reviews for it on Amazon or other sites which sell it?

I have no knowledge of this product but what I would say is that they bad mouth just about every other method of cleaning patios and removing moss and algae when selling Pressure Washers.

Conversely they bad mouth anything that uses water when selling Williams Waterless Car Cleaner.

Just sayin :mysmilie_59:

I will check it out - thanks. It just seems a good price from IW which is rather surprising! But for a real impartial review, where better than on here! Thanks' all!

I find a lot of things great prices on IW, it's the presenters I have a problem with not the products or their prices. Yes we've (well that's a Royal "we've" it was actually my husband who used it) and it's a good product.

'Chef' William made some French Onion Soup. My recollection of this dish is a rich, garlic infused beef broth positively jam packed with sumptuous, melt in the mouth onions and a large, cheese topped crouton to finish it off. Delicious.

'Chef' William's version?

An Oxo Cube diluted in way, way too much Water with what looked like a tiny sprinkling of Whitworth's Dried Onions, no Crouton.

ooh la la :mysmilie_59:

'Chef' William made some French Onion Soup. My recollection of this dish is a rich, garlic infused beef broth positively jam packed with sumptuous, melt in the mouth onions and a large, cheese topped crouton to finish it off. Delicious.

'Chef' William's version?

An Oxo Cube diluted in way, way too much Water with what looked like a tiny sprinkling of Whitworth's Dried Onions, no Crouton.

ooh la la :mysmilie_59:

Surely his recipe would be fine in a little saucepan? In fact, couldn't they all be done in a saucepan?

Howard insisted the graphics were corrected earlier to contain the word 'ceramic' for the colour changing frying pans.

It was corrected in seconds.............'cermic'.........job's a goodun :mysmilie_59:

Surely his recipe would be fine in a little saucepan? In fact, couldn't they all be done in a saucepan?

Howard insisted the graphics were corrected earlier to contain the word 'ceramic' for the colour changing frying pans.

It was corrected in seconds.............'cermic'.........job's a goodun :mysmilie_59:

More bliddy Pans!!, the other day he was saying Kitchen M8 can replace your pans!

It proves just how little 'Chef' William knows about cooking, it would surely be impossible to make French Onion Soup is a Soup Maker, to get that rich broth you caramelise the Onions first then cook it for a good few hours.

You may as well just have an Ainsley Harriott French Onion Soup In A Cup :mysmilie_59:

'Chef' William is demonstrating the wonderful Tower Microwave & Convection Oven.

He enthused that there aren't many Microwave Ovens that can cook a Chicken. He's always surprised by the results.

image.jpg

I'm not, it's just as I expected. Quite clearly bone dry, nigh on impossible to slice, somewhat undercooked looking legs.

I think I'll stick to Chicken Nuggets :mysmilie_59:

Surprisingly the lamb takes the same time as the chips, just 28 minutes

Again, surprisingly, plenty of people have called in to ask how it cooks fish, particularly salmon

I've seen this enough times to know it's, chips, lamb, chicken, veg, pizza, party food, cauliflower cheese and.....salmon

It comes out looking like the type of food you can snap or draw pictures with.

Howard said that it looks like 'Chef' William has 'served up something from a 5 Star Hotel'.

image.jpg

I have to say that wouldn't have been my first thought when 'Chef' William plated up these Frozen Onion Rings & Frozen Garlic Mushrooms but then he added a generous squirt of delicious Salad Cream.

I quickly changed my opinion, I think Howard is right :mysmilie_59:

Howard said that it looks like 'Chef' William has 'served up something from a 5 Star Hotel'.

View attachment 11152

I have to say that wouldn't have been my first thought when 'Chef' William plated up these Frozen Onion Rings & Frozen Garlic Mushrooms but then he added a generous squirt of delicious Salad Cream.

I quickly changed my opinion, I think Howard is right :mysmilie_59:

Oh yes I have indeed witnessed the food that is undercooked, the beef came out that undercooked the other day it was still mooing.

Oh yes I have indeed witnessed the food that is undercooked, the beef came out that undercooked the other day it was still mooing.

Oh but I have indeed witnessed the food overcooked.

He cooked supposedly succulent Lamb, he may as well have waited until it has progressed to Mutton it was that gnarled and tough :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back