Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Varney asks us to go to your internet and search about silk, and why celebrities love silk pillow cases.

Who cares what celebrities think about silk, what the hell is this obsession these days with what celebrities think?

Celebrities are just folks with over inflated egos and self-importance, status etc. This fascination to know and follow what a celebrity is doing, wearing or their opinion on stuff is a really sad indictment of modern society, folks need to start using their own brains and make their own life choices, whether that’s food, clothing, politics etc, for themselves and stop this mindless obsession with following the opinions of a bunch attention seeking nobodies.

"me mam" on the hair curler repeat show this morning - “and I know, not being funny, but I have used, em, straighteners & crimpers in my time, not loads of times, but you know especially in the 80s when I’ve been going to parties and things and many, many products, curlers, straightening irons, tongs all of those, they can be quite dangerous can’t they. You know many; many of us have had quite bad burns on our wrists and hands. This is one of the safest, safest hair curlers we’ve ever seen.”

Added with his fascination for women’s clothing, I have this feeling that “me mam” was born in the wrong body.:eek::ROFLMAO:

Varney asks us to go to your internet and search about silk, and why celebrities love silk pillow cases.

Who cares what celebrities think about silk, what the hell is this obsession these days with what celebrities think?

Celebrities are just folks with over inflated egos and self-importance, status etc. This fascination to know and follow what a celebrity is doing, wearing or their opinion on stuff is a really sad indictment of modern society, folks need to start using their own brains and make their own life choices, whether that’s food, clothing, politics etc, for themselves and stop this mindless obsession with following the opinions of a bunch attention seeking nobodies.
Yeah this has always fascinated me. There could be someone living across the street from you now, a so called ordinary person. You wouldn't necessarily take heed of anything they say about anything. Fast forward 5 years and they're now a 'celeb' thanks to winning Z Factor ... suddenly cause they're a 'celeb' their opinion on stuff is valid?

Nope, not for me anyway.

Well we had storage heaters back in the 70s and the problem wasn't they were cold by lunchtime, in fact that never happened, the problem we had was your house could get tooooo hot and there was no way of cooling it down, especially if the weather changed for the better overnight. Conversely if there was a sudden cold snap you had to wait overnight for them to heat up.
lol yeah I remember them growing up ... you're getting HEAT whether you need it or not!!! :) We had massive brown heaters when I was little, then we got second generation ones that were a bit more controllable (boost control or something), slimmer and a kind of beige/cream colour. They seemed high tech compared to the previous ones :)

Mind you, I wonder if the storage heater bricks were actually ceramic as they were great at retaining and giving out heat ... even when the power was off ;) Funny that ...

DeKnees saying we're going to get freezing weather in a few days as she's doing the warm home rads with Dr Feelgood.

I'll just nudge my thermostat up a notch then.......if it does
I caught a couple of mins (no more though, Dennniiiissssssseeeeeeee, no thanks) and Peter V was demo-ing. He advised us these radiators have 'proper thermostats' that don't just sense the heat immediately beside them, they sense once the whole room has reached the desired temp and only then will they switch off.

What ABSOLUTE TWADDLE!!!

The thermostatic device is installed on the radiator, not at the other side of the room. If that thermostat senses 21 degrees, it'll switch the radiator off. At the other side of the room, it might not quite be 21 degrees, might be, might not be. But trust me, a thermostat doesn't 'sense' the whole room. To do so, you'd need a kind of WiFi second thermostat installed at the other side communicating with the main one.

Peter V also told us these thermostats are 'better' cause you can set an actual temp, they're not just numbered 1-5. Who cares?!? My mum has her lounge heater typically set at no. 4. She knows that gives a level of heat that suits her. If it gets colder, she turns it up to 4.5 or 5. If it's not as cold she turns it down to 3.5 or 3.

Hardly rocket science! She doesn't need to 'know' what the actual temp of the room is, just if she is or isn't comfortable.

In case anyone has a desire to order from IW at the moment, they’re currently offering 12.6% cash back on TopCashBack. It tracks quickly and the payout is quite fast. QVC are offering 7.5% and, as you would expect, they take ages to pay out and it often doesn’t track. I’ve put in four claims about QVC not tracking, but have never had an issue with IW.

£4,178 RRPs you're having a laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's got 7750 in it, and it's a nice looking watch, but you can get watches with that movement from many more recognised and bigger Swiss brands with RRPs a way lot less than that.
The 'expert' guest said he actually thought the RRP would have been closer to £5k, aye ok then. Goodness they shove every subliminal sales technique they can think of in there. I've bought one, my entire family has bought one, the price is a mistake, the RRP's too low etc.

One thing that always impresses me is the wobbly table the guests sit at during watch or phone shows. Look at it during the show ... it wobbles :) If they have items stacked on it, they wobble :)

FIX THE BLO0DY WOBBLE!!!

One thing that always impresses me is the wobbly table the guests sit at during watch or phone shows. Look at it during the show ... it wobbles :) If they have items stacked on it, they wobble :)

FIX THE BLO0DY WOBBLE!!!
I only noticed that the other night. Just thought it's typical IW.

They have things stacked on it in watch shows to hide the 'expert's' script

I couldn't agree more. I always assume if a celeb is raving about a product it is because they have been paid to do so. It is getting worse with the concept of "influencers" who people follow on social media (not me!). The world is slowly going mad...

I caught a couple of mins (no more though, Dennniiiissssssseeeeeeee, no thanks) and Peter V was demo-ing. He advised us these radiators have 'proper thermostats' that don't just sense the heat immediately beside them, they sense once the whole room has reached the desired temp and only then will they switch off.

What ABSOLUTE TWADDLE!!!

The thermostatic device is installed on the radiator, not at the other side of the room. If that thermostat senses 21 degrees, it'll switch the radiator off. At the other side of the room, it might not quite be 21 degrees, might be, might not be. But trust me, a thermostat doesn't 'sense' the whole room. To do so, you'd need a kind of WiFi second thermostat installed at the other side communicating with the main one.

Peter V also told us these thermostats are 'better' cause you can set an actual temp, they're not just numbered 1-5. Who cares?!? My mum has her lounge heater typically set at no. 4. She knows that gives a level of heat that suits her. If it gets colder, she turns it up to 4.5 or 5. If it's not as cold she turns it down to 3.5 or 3.

Hardly rocket science! She doesn't need to 'know' what the actual temp of the room is, just if she is or isn't comfortable.

Yeah, completely agree, although the ceramic heaters may heat up a wee bit quicker than a normal central heating system, it's not going to instantly make the room warm, it will still take time to heat a big room. And like central heating, the thermostatic controls are at the radiator and will act in exactly same way. The only advantage ceramic has is instant heat in the radiator itself, probably 5/10 minutes quicker than central heating, but then it running costs are higher to achieve that. If you want instant heat around a room then just buy a cheap electric heater with a fan in them, will be a lot cheaper to buy than ceramic and near enough same running costs.
And what the idiots don't realise, Peter Simon himself fell into the trap the other night when he said his radiator valves were numbered 1-7, is that they have now contradicted themselves. They've continually told us with central heating you can't control the individual radiators, one thermostat often in the hallway so you're heating whole house to heat the room you're in, yet now they are saying radiators don't give you exact temp but just numbers, so are saying you can control individual radiators but not to the exact temp reading.
they are just idiotic lying morons.

lol yeah I remember them growing up ... you're getting HEAT whether you need it or not!!! :) We had massive brown heaters when I was little, then we got second generation ones that were a bit more controllable (boost control or something), slimmer and a kind of beige/cream colour. They seemed high tech compared to the previous ones :)

Mind you, I wonder if the storage heater bricks were actually ceramic as they were great at retaining and giving out heat ... even when the power was off ;) Funny that ...

We had thee big brown ones too, took two to shift it even a small distance, if you were moving any distance you needed to empty the bricks out. can't remember the controls off hand, just that you used off peak electricity during the night.
Of course that was a luxury compared to what we had in the 60s when i was a kid, one coal fire in the living room and a paraffin heater in hall aimed towards the bedrooms. No heating in bedrooms, middle of winter and it was like sleeping in a freezer, windows would be all iced up etc, you could freeze to death going downstairs to the toilet in the middle of the night. :ROFLMAO:

I was out doing some winter gardening the other day. It was slightly chilly so I took my radiator with me. Just connected it to a very long extension cable and sat it beside me in the garden. I then popped across the street to visit my neighbour. They were slightly surprised to see me with a radiator with an extension lead running across the street to my house. However I simply explained 'in case you don't have your heating on today ... I've brought my own.'

We had thee big brown ones too, took two to shift it even a small distance, if you were moving any distance you needed to empty the bricks out. can't remember the controls off hand, just that you used off peak electricity during the night.
Of course that was a luxury compared to what we had in the 60s when i was a kid, one coal fire in the living room and a paraffin heater in hall aimed towards the bedrooms. No heating in bedrooms, middle of winter and it was like sleeping in a freezer, windows would be all iced up etc, you could freeze to death going downstairs to the toilet in the middle of the night. :ROFLMAO:
Cue the Billy Connolly routine about growing up in the Glasgow tenements, with coats thrown on the bed to keep them warm in winter!

Latest posts

Back