Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Bloddy compost again, it’s only available from us, says Hayley Green.

Its always the same offer, and always P&P Free but they make it sound new

She was doing a hair curler thing earlier, everybody is buying multiple amounts (for friends & family) she said, and like the compost made it sound like it's a new, yet it's not that long ago they were flogging the Wylera curler and everybody was buying that. They really do believe that their viewers are too thick to remember what been said or sold on previous shows.

Oh and just an observation from the hair curler show, and close ups.

If they are all using all these anti wrinkle & anti aging miracle creams & serums, that make you look 20 years younger, it's nae working. :oops::)
There's a serious point behind this that actually blows a pretty big hole through the claims retailers (not just selly telly) and manufacturers make. When you consider many of these presenters have been on air for years (decades even) with access to the latest pills and potions of the day, why don't they look amazing? Most of them look very much the age they are ... or older! If you were seeing the female presenters without makeup I guarantee they'd all look their age. Not saying that to poke fun, what I'm getting at is the farcical claims that are made.

Might it be that said pills and potions are, to a certain extent, modern snake oil? Just saying ...

There's a serious point behind this that actually blows a pretty big hole through the claims retailers (not just selly telly) and manufacturers make. When you consider many of these presenters have been on air for years (decades even) with access to the latest pills and potions of the day, why don't they look amazing? Most of them look very much the age they are ... or older! If you were seeing the female presenters without makeup I guarantee they'd all look their age. Not saying that to poke fun, what I'm getting at is the farcical claims that are made.

Might it be that said pills and potions are, to a certain extent, modern snake oil? Just saying ...

I personally think a lot of this stuff is in the mind, when i look at the presenters, I think, well if this cream is doing wonders for your skin, why is your face covered in make up. For me less is better and not a fan of these folk with overdone tans in the middle of winter. :)

Speaking of creams and potions, Ray from the walking dead has just, minutes ago, weighed in with his opinion on the matter. ;)

Ray ‘life and soul of the party’ Kennedy- “People come up to me; they say I’ve read about these pillowcases they stop you wrinkling, don’t they? Now they get such a shock when I say, I’m sorry but nothing will stop you wrinkling.”

Sorry Ray, but you are wrong, the esteemed Experts from Elizabeth Grant, Proto-col, Elixinol, Crystal Clear etc etc, have all stated their products will work wonders on your skin and make you look years younger, with skin as smooth as baby’s bottom. :)

CaringLightheartedCatfish-size_restricted.gif

We are monstrously busy. Phone. Web. These are gonna go.

CaringLightheartedCatfish-size_restricted.gif

We are monstrously busy. Phone. Web. These are gonna go.
LOL

Whenever I hop on to IW, especially if it's Mike M that's presenting, within 2 mins if not before you're guaranteed to hear him say that regardless of the time of day :)

Funny how the stuff is usually still for sale come the next show ... and the next ...

I personally think a lot of this stuff is in the mind, when i look at the presenters, I think, well if this cream is doing wonders for your skin, why is your face covered in make up. For me less is better and not a fan of these folk with overdone tans in the middle of winter. :)

Speaking of creams and potions, Ray from the walking dead has just, minutes ago, weighed in with his opinion on the matter. ;)

Ray ‘life and soul of the party’ Kennedy- “People come up to me; they say I’ve read about these pillowcases they stop you wrinkling, don’t they? Now they get such a shock when I say, I’m sorry but nothing will stop you wrinkling.”

Sorry Ray, but you are wrong, the esteemed Experts from Elizabeth Grant, Proto-col, Elixinol, Crystal Clear etc etc, have all stated their products will work wonders on your skin and make you look years younger, with skin as smooth as baby’s bottom. :)
If a manufacturer made a cream that genuinely gave you the skin you had years ago, they could charge £100's for it all day long and people would buy it.

I'll hazard a guess EG creams going for a pittance probably aren't doing that, no matter what their clinical studies show ...

Bamix.

Pronounced Baa (think sheep) mix by all the presenters.
Pronounced Baa (think sheep) mix by the manufacturer.

So why on earth does the guy that demos it insist on pronouncing it Bay-mix?!? Does he think it makes him cool? Is it perhaps a subliminal selling technique?

Or is he just a bit of a wally? Pronounced way'lay ;)

If a manufacturer made a cream that genuinely gave you the skin you had years ago, they could charge £100's for it all day long and people would buy it.

I'll hazard a guess EG creams going for a pittance probably aren't doing that, no matter what their clinical studies show ...
They expect you to swallow their claims for their products and not question what you see with your own eyes; when I saw a closeup of Protocol James (for example) he looked every inch like a forty-something bloke wearing makeup, but if you believed the claims he was making, his product could theoretically make you look twenty years younger. Which would make his real age 60+ if true.

Also a “scientific study” isn’t worth the paper/electrons it’s printed with unless it has been published in a reputable scientific journal and backed up with peer review.

Mason always starts with, EG didn't do well or even very well in a study, it was perfect, then shows the graph of 100% against three criteria. But it's only a perception study of 20 folk about 10 years ago, not exactly scientific or reliable. :ROFLMAO:

Some of the other studies, which is the figures they show in the other graphs, I'm not too sure we're being given the true picture, yes what they say is strictly true, but what they don't tell you about that study, is and if we look at Skin Elasticity as an example, although all those taking part in the test showed an improvement in skin elasticity, not everybody in the test was taking the product.
Those taking the product recorded an improvement of 10%, those taking a placebo showed an improvement of 6%.
Personally, if I see a study where placebo participants are having a strong positive result then something funny is going on.

Talking about the Bay-mix, the guys says, "he's not a chef, far from it, but i wholeheartedly means this, once you own a bay-mix, it'll have your back in the kitchen and you'll probably wonder to yourself, how have you got along without it. Because it's just so incredibly user friendly, so versatile and it does what it says on the tin."

I wouldn't, why, cause there have been loads of similar hand blenders on the market for years, at a fraction of the cost of the bay-mix, nae contest. ;)

He needs at least a couple of hours to show everything the Baymix can do, he says, but he does the same few things over and over and over again.
very true

It is a high-end hand blender which is fine and it looks like a very well made product

just sell it for what it is, I have a £15 one from Asda which isn't as powerful or as sexy but 90% of the time does what I need it to do

I see Monday's watch show is not listed yet, slot is blank at the moment, no doubt come tomorrow well be getting a story like, they weren't sure this show would take place, only after sterling work from Maria, Ellie, the tea lady and a host of others, they managed to divert these watches from an other distributor so they could be here tonight. The watches, originally destined for Baselworld, had already been diverted, visiting all four corners of the world, before this final diversion and finally arriving late Monday afternoon, and a mad rush ensued to get them all loaded into the system for the show. :D

What a pair of clowns

Peter - "it's really like nothing i've ever seen."

kevin - "no you haven't"

What, did you guys forget the Green and Brown dial versions of this watch, which you sold earlier this year and which are still on the IW website. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back