Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Honestly, it's like dumb and dumber, still blethering on about the hybrid mecaquartz 🤔 designed by some obscure, legend in his own country, rally driver. Funny bit with the world timer, KR asks Peter to set it to 12, a lot of fiddling, looking at the watch, and he says he can't do it as it's upside down, but he's looking at it 🙄 his 25 years doesn't do him any good 🤣

He needs at least a couple of hours to show everything the Baymix can do, he says, but he does the same few things over and over and over again.
He insults the viewers by saying the BaYmix can do everything a food processor can do. Caught him tonight coming out with some garbage about the BaYmix being on a long power cord (I'm not saying it's not) and when do you ever see someone trying to move their food processor around the kitchen, to which Peter S laughed heartedly.

Just one example ... can the BaYmix knead bread? Actually how would it fare with any large amount of heavy ingredients?

Two tools for the price of one ;)

Honestly, it's like dumb and dumber, still blethering on about the hybrid mecaquartz 🤔 designed by some obscure, legend in his own country, rally driver. Funny bit with the world timer, KR asks Peter to set it to 12, a lot of fiddling, looking at the watch, and he says he can't do it as it's upside down, but he's looking at it 🙄 his 25 years doesn't do him any good 🤣
I'm watching the snooker final but hopped over at that precise moment :) He didn't have a clue. Needs put out to pasture ...

I'm watching the snooker final but hopped over at that precise moment :) He didn't have a clue. Needs put out to pasture ...

Woah wait a minute, I thought we were a country of animal lovers, think about the poor animals grazing in the pasture, 5 minutes of Peter Simon and they'll all be clamouring to get on a truck to the abattoir to be put out of their misery.

Hayley in her usual delusional state this morning.

Hayley on about emailing in, after showing pics from ONE email – “now do keep emailing in, send your photos, it’s great to have your company, we do want to hear from you. Of course it’s coming up to Christmas, we do want to be with you, perhaps you’re feeling a little bit alone at the moment, do come and join us every single day, we’re here, we’re here to I say entertain, don’t know if we do entertain, but we’re here to be with you, to support you, please do let us know if you’re watching.”

What a crock of ****, they couldn’t give a rat’s arse if folks are alone or not, or if they truly need support or not, they are only interested in people joining them so they get a chance to con, lie and deceive them into buying their products and pay their wages. Pretending to be your best buddy is one of the first tactics used by con artists to prey on vulnerable folks.

Stop pretending you’re some kind of do-gooder, tv social worker, bringing comfort to millions, you’re just a motor mouth, annoying sales assistant on an unscrupulous, deceitful TV shopping channel, con artists the lot of you.:mad:

Hayley in her usual delusional state this morning.

Hayley on about emailing in, after showing pics from ONE email – “now do keep emailing in, send your photos, it’s great to have your company, we do want to hear from you. Of course it’s coming up to Christmas, we do want to be with you, perhaps you’re feeling a little bit alone at the moment, do come and join us every single day, we’re here, we’re here to I say entertain, don’t know if we do entertain, but we’re here to be with you, to support you, please do let us know if you’re watching.”

What a crock of ****, they couldn’t give a rat’s arse if folks are alone or not, or if they truly need support or not, they are only interested in people joining them so they get a chance to con, lie and deceive them into buying their products and pay their wages. Pretending to be your best buddy is one of the first tactics used by con artists to prey on vulnerable folks.

Stop pretending you’re some kind of do-gooder, tv social worker, bringing comfort to millions, you’re just a motor mouth, annoying sales assistant on an unscrupulous, deceitful TV shopping channel, con artists the lot of you.:mad:
Much of the fluffery (I made that word up but hopefully you get the gist) around sales, brands, building customer relationships is exactly that ... fluffery. Of course it's important for brands and retailers to 'build relationships', as you say to keep the pennies rolling in, but in reality they couldn't care less who's buying, as long as people ARE buying.

I see there's a TBC presenter with KR on tonights 7:30 Swiss timepieces slot:unsure: Wonder who It'll be?:ROFLMAO:

Neither Mason or Simon have any shows today, so don't think it will be them. Can't see them letting any of the other plonkers on during today doing. So must be Shaun Ryan, although he's no shows today, he is down do be doing the 12.45am so called exclusive to ITV show.

Much of the fluffery (I made that word up but hopefully you get the gist) around sales, brands, building customer relationships is exactly that ... fluffery. Of course it's important for brands and retailers to 'build relationships', as you say to keep the pennies rolling in, but in reality they couldn't care less who's buying, as long as people ARE buying.

I can understand where there is a face to face you get when you visit your local shop or even smaller online retailer, where you can have a personal contact with the person you are buying from, and while they will of course have a sale at the heart of their interactions, they also seem to have a desire to build a true customer relationship, not just on the sale, but the after sales if problems exist.
But Ideal world is just a machine when it comes to selling, they only care about one thing, sales at any cost, that's all that matters, which is confirmed by their atrocious customer service and attitude to customers when problems arise.
The only hint of a customer relationship is actually due to one of their suppliers, Kevin Reynolds and his VIP watch group, because he and VE being smaller in nature know the benefits of creating a true customer relationship. But without him or VE, i'm pretty sure Ideal World wouldn't have set up any watch group.
Any other sort of interactions with customers, like Sally and her Social Media crowd, or other presenters and their social media, has nothing to do with promoting sales on IW, although it probably does and that's why she's/they allowed to promote it at every chance, but in reality it's nothing more than self promotion, an adoring audience, something these celebrity types just can't seem to live without.

I can understand where there is a face to face you get when you visit your local shop or even smaller online retailer, where you can have a personal contact with the person you are buying from, and while they will of course have a sale at the heart of their interactions, they also seem to have a desire to build a true customer relationship, not just on the sale, but the after sales if problems exist.
But Ideal world is just a machine when it comes to selling, they only care about one thing, sales at any cost, that's all that matters, which is confirmed by their atrocious customer service and attitude to customers when problems arise.
The only hint of a customer relationship is actually due to one of their suppliers, Kevin Reynolds and his VIP watch group, because he and VE being smaller in nature know the benefits of creating a true customer relationship. But without him or VE, i'm pretty sure Ideal World wouldn't have set up any watch group.
Any other sort of interactions with customers, like Sally and her Social Media crowd, or other presenters and their social media, has nothing to do with promoting sales on IW, although it probably does and that's why she's/they allowed to promote it at every chance, but in reality it's nothing more than self promotion, an adoring audience, something these celebrity types just can't seem to live without.
I'm just being faux-argumentative and stating the obvious ;) they're only interested as long as you're buying a product/service. I'm thinking of the tv show Curb Your Enthusiasm when Larry keeps going into the BMW dealership for made up reasons to get some free liquorice. The salesman gets increasingly p*ssed off so eventually Larry buys a car he doesn't need to keep the salesman's face straight :)

I'm not saying salespeople won't continue to be nice to you, however their enthusiasm will start to wain quite quickly if you ain't buying ...

And I reckon a Ferrari dealership would sooner sell to 30 x roadsweepers as oppose to 5 x city workers assuming the former can keep up the payments and servicing costs ;)

I subscribe to Sally’s channel, it’s not every video but now and again, she will mention a product, sometimes before it airs. She does leave links etc though

I would imagine she will have to show some connection or promotion of IW products, can't imagine she'd be allowed to plug her personal social media accounts so much without some payback, it's not like she's a fulltime IW employee, she's freelance and IW are there to make money not promote Sally Jacks.

Lot of nonsense from Kev again with the prices, ie the green Rolly which he says is a bargain at £169 inc p &p you can get from America for about £115 inc tax etc.

And of course when Brexit happens, the price difference may be even bigger.;)

He started the show with saying something like the you ain't seen a titanium case like this one coming up, thought Vostok Europe were the best in Titanium cases.

Well at least Dave Loyden won't be buying these super duper Titanium watches tonight, he bought one three years ago.

As for the safe story, load of bull, those Storm watches have been on the Ideal Web site since they first went on sale 3 years ago.

Last edited:
And the great Kevin with all his years experience in the watch trade doesn't know what lug to lug size means:ROFLMAO:

yeah, and he said 22 or 23mm, which although there are some brands with odd lug widths, like orient with their 21mm, if he's been a distributor with Mathey Tissot for years and watchbase id supposed to be the UK SERVICE centre the watches he'll know Mathey-Tissot ain't one of them.

Latest posts

Back