Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok this has bugged me for 13 years but since it's Coronation Street's anniversary this week I thought I'd have another search for the episode with Tracy Barlow's trial. See if you recognise the jury member at around 9 minutes in. It was around the time she was on the tackier shopping channels with her "partner" (yeah right!) Shawn Crawley selling a plastic vase made up of loads of smaller vases that held one flower each and the children's building blocks that are still sold on TV Warehouse, so I did recognise her at the time.
Anyway, here's the link

Ok this has bugged me for 13 years but since it's Coronation Street's anniversary this week I thought I'd have another search for the episode with Tracy Barlow's trial. See if you recognise the jury member at around 9 minutes in. It was around the time she was on the tackier shopping channels with her "partner" (yeah right!) Shawn Crawley selling a plastic vase made up of loads of smaller vases that held one flower each and the children's building blocks that are still sold on TV Warehouse, so I did recognise her at the time.
Anyway, here's the link

is that her?

wowsers great spot

It is now 30 minutes since the "time-limited" offer that was at 85% stock sold and would not be available either when the clock stopped 3 minutes after or 5 minutes depending on which lie Ayley was telling

The price is still 29.99

It's just like Mason and his 3 years to get a Vostok Europe watch story, kept telling us it was always sold out before the end of the show so none left for him to buy, but that was a load of rubbish, a) it's in stock available to order before the show starts and b) after the first few times he mentioned it will be sold out so please don't buy so he can get one, folks on here were checking and on quite a few occassions it was still available to buy, not only after the show, but for days after.

Time to apply a bit more logic to see through the GUFF they spout. You'll have noticed how, when flogging mattresses, presenters love to say along the lines of 'I just wasn't getting a decent nights sleep, until I tried this mattress ...'

But wait, you've been on selly telly for YEARS. You've sold a few types of 'awesome' mattresses in that time that you no doubt told us you tried, maybe even that you bought one. So assuming this, how were you not getting a decent nights sleep until now? MMmmm, strange.

Mason slipped up on that score recently, he was saying to Mr Dormeo that ever since he got his Dormeo, 6/7 years ago, how he now gets a great nights sleep, best he's ever had and also doesn't wake the goddess when he comes in at odd hours from IW.

Not long after that show, he was telling a story how he hadn't been sleeping well until he recently bought this particular item, now he gets the best night sleep ever, the GX Pillow.

Rob Locke is doing well with his weight loss. He said he's still got 11.5 stone to go 😮
Ha ha ha. You made that up he he he. OK he's fat but he's always been fat and probably always will be. Hey, nothing wrong with being overweight, most of us probably are and trying to address it but come on Rob, you've had years to get in shape.

Baby Fields on the Swan & Edgar "Grand Sports" 51mm diam monster - " This really is, is the stallion in our range, and it's really celebrating that world famous race horse, that great British racehorse that is Frankel, has been undefeated for 14 races and we're celebrating that in, not just the colours and the textures and the chocolatey tones, but also in the fact that it has a rotating tachymeter track on the inner ring, which is there to measure speed, distance and time, which is so important for these jockeys in these races." & "So you've got two rotations here, so you've got the uni-rotational bezel, then you've got the tachymeter track on the chapter ring as well, which is operated by the ten o'clock crown, so you've got so many different functions here, and engineering into the architecture of the case, very difficult, very expensive process to achieve."

Yeah, I'm sure the Jockeys are going to be messing about with a tachymeter function on watch, which doesn't even have a chrono function, during the middle of a race. :ROFLMAO:

And why does a watch, that is celebrating a race horse, have a diver's bezel? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

See Reynolds is back with another Vostok Europe World Exclusive tomorrow.

Thought he was finished for the year, thought the last few show we're our last chance to get his watches for this year, well that's what they said quite a few times during the shows. ;)

Will be interesting to see, as there are 3 watches listed for the show, which will still be at sale price on his Son's new web site, wonder how the prices will compare. After all Kev, is always shocked and always tells us the prices on IW are ridiculously too low. All 3 are slighly cheaper at the moment on his son's site compared to IW prices, of course IW price may reduce tomorrow, but will be interesting to note how they compare.

See Reynolds is back with another Vostok Europe World Exclusive tomorrow.

Thought he was finished for the year, thought the last few show we're our last chance to get his watches for this year, well that's what they said quite a few times during the shows. ;)

Will be interesting to see, as there are 3 watches listed for the show, which will still be at sale price on his Son's new web site, wonder how the prices will compare. After all Kev, is always shocked and always tells us the prices on IW are ridiculously too low. All 3 are slighly cheaper at the moment on his son's site compared to IW prices, of course IW price may reduce tomorrow, but will be interesting to note how they compare.
I was suspicious when MM said there are no planned shows before Christmas. They can always slot unplanned shows in.

Now we have Peter V with Roofix and his unfair, misleading demo again, comparing Roofix with bitumen paint.

They are two different products, for different jobs, one is for fixing leaks the other is for weatherproofing, bitumen paint is not meant to fix leaks, it's meant to give extra protection to surfaces, to protect them against the elements to prevent leaks in the first place. You can get bitumen leak repair products similar to Roofix, of course Peter can't use them as it'll spoil their con.

I was suspicious when MM said there are no planned shows before Christmas. They can always slot unplanned shows in.

I would agree they can slot in/ add an unplanned show, ie if a product hasn't sold as well as they thought during their planned run of shows, they may add an extra one a week later to try and get rid of the stock. At best their advertised schedule is set a week in advance, but usually it's only the first 4/5 days that are complete and the the last couple of days usually have odd slots free.

But this Vostok Show would have been planned months ago, it's not something that would just have cropped up at the last minute. There are 9 new watches, taking into account colour variants, in the show, probably 30-50 of each, probably 270-450 watches, production of those would have been planned for a while and pencilled in for a show before xmas, yeah we'll get some story of Igor working miracles and at the last minutes manged to rustle up a few hundred watches specially for IW and their Special customers, but like most of their stories, it will a load of bull.

also in the fact that it has a rotating tachymeter track on the inner ring, which is there to measure speed, distance and time, which is so important for these jockeys in these races."
And did you see the inner bezel jump around on one of the examples as they turned the crown to rotate it. I swear the fit was so poor that you could see the cog that turns the bezel at times through the gap between dial and bezel. Just don't see an ounce of quality in these watches😕
His dad is on later, on the jewelry channel flogging the Gamage watches. Should be good for a giggle 🤣

Baby Fields on the Swan & Edgar "Grand Sports" 51mm diam monster - " This really is, is the stallion in our range, and it's really celebrating that world famous race horse, that great British racehorse that is Frankel, has been undefeated for 14 races and we're celebrating that in, not just the colours and the textures and the chocolatey tones, but also in the fact that it has a rotating tachymeter track on the inner ring, which is there to measure speed, distance and time, which is so important for these jockeys in these races." & "So you've got two rotations here, so you've got the uni-rotational bezel, then you've got the tachymeter track on the chapter ring as well, which is operated by the ten o'clock crown, so you've got so many different functions here, and engineering into the architecture of the case, very difficult, very expensive process to achieve."

Yeah, I'm sure the Jockeys are going to be messing about with a tachymeter function on watch, which doesn't even have a chrono function, during the middle of a race. :ROFLMAO:

And why does a watch, that is celebrating a race horse, have a diver's bezel? :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Comes back to what we were saying before, many of the connections they make to historic or current events are tenuous at best. In this case, just outright garbage.

'WITH A FURLONG TO GO IT'S NECK AND NECK BETWEEN ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD AND ALL THE KING'S MEN, NO ONE CAN CALL THIS ... WAIT A MINUTE ... WHAT'S GOING ON ... ALL THE KING'S MEN IS SLOWING DOWN ... SEEMS AS THOUGH SOMETING'S DISTRACTING JOCKEY TIM O'NEILL. HE'S FIDDLING WITH SOMETHING ON HIS WRIST?!?'

Just seen Peter Sherlock as an expert on The Jewellery Channel flogging something called Opatra, a skincare gadget for £300. He's got bright blond hair...
I'm not sure why but I don't find Peter Sherlock or Andy Hodgson annoying in the way I find the likes of Peter S, Mike M and Paul B annoying. Mind you, if they were on IW permanently maybe they'd start to wear thin on me also :)

Latest posts

Back