Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Back on about the Seiko hybrid movement again, which everybody else has been calling mecaquartz for years.

Oh and Kev, it's not just Seiko and Vostok that use/have access to the VK movements, even the cheap Chinese brands like Parnis, Pagani Design etc use it.

"It looks like the Tudor, It looks like the Rolex, it looks like all those top brands."

Yeah and it also looks like the dozens of other cheap homages to the Submariner.;)

I think Kev interrupted Peter there, before he repeated the mistake he did on a show a couple of weeks ago. ;)
Peter started saying - "you must remember Mathey- Tissot were doing these designs" then Kev cut in quickly and said in the 70s. Last time Peter started saying that he finished by saying "doing these designs before everybody else", which of course is rubbish, cause the Mathey-Tissot like many others are homages of the Submariner.

that sites a bit dodgy, does not display correct terms and asks for £9.95 for postage if your watch is faulty

"It looks like the Tudor, It looks like the Rolex, it looks like all those top brands."

Yeah and it also looks like the dozens of other cheap homages to the Submariner.;)

I think Kev interrupted Peter there, before he repeated the mistake he did on a show a couple of weeks ago. ;)
Peter started saying - "you must remember Mathey- Tissot were doing these designs" then Kev cut in quickly and said in the 70s. Last time Peter started saying that he finished by saying "doing these designs before everybody else", which of course is rubbish, cause the Mathey-Tissot like many others are homages of the Submariner.
Thought exactly the same, Kev cut him off before he spouted a load of untrue rubbish along those lines🤫

that sites a bit dodgy, does not display correct terms and asks for £9.95 for postage if your watch is faulty

I've a feeling they are still in the process of setting the web site etc up properly, they only started the company in November.

Although this new retailer is in Christopher Reynolds name (and i assume his wife), their business address is the same as Kevin's Watchbase Company.

Was just watching one of the watch guys on youtube, his channel is well known to watch collectors, anyway he was giving a reaction to some videos of QVC in America and immediately thought, hey he sounds like us here watching IW. :ROFLMAO:
He thought QVC was bad, wonder what he would think of IW shows with Baby Fields and Miss Precision being teamed up with Peter Simon, which IMO are way worse than the QVC videos he was watching. :ROFLMAO:

Was just watching one of the watch guys on youtube, his channel is well known to watch collectors, anyway he was giving a reaction to some videos of QVC in America and immediately thought, hey he sounds like us here watching IW. :ROFLMAO:
He thought QVC was bad, wonder what he would think of IW shows with Baby Fields and Miss Precision being teamed up with Peter Simon, which IMO are way worse than the QVC videos he was watching. :ROFLMAO:

I watched that Teddy video the other night, hilarious 🤣 he should tune in now for VE with the "expert" KR and Peter Simon 🤔

In further good news The grill thingy that was available for 40 minutes/45/55 or whatever the other day is still available for the same price days later

Hayley shame on you

Though having once again had re iterated just how weak pitiful and disinterested the ASA are I am surprised they do not push things a lot further

Kev - "Sturmanskie, real Russian watches, not somebody pretending to be Russian or anything like that."

Oh that's a right dig at CCCP there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remember that Peter Simon the next time CCCP is on. ;)

They way they are speaking about the Gagarin watches, maybe i should insure mine, listening to these two it will be worth a fortune in the future. ;):ROFLMAO:

77.Sturmanskie 'Gagarin' 2609-3745128 (Cal 2609)-crop.jpg

OT but anyway

Wow at the prices QVC charge for diamond rings

They have something on now for £999.99 which I estimate would be £399.99 on gems and maybe even £249.99 on TJC

Like anything the glitzy presentation obviously costs but I wonder how many of the people buying these have ever even looked at either other channel

OT but anyway

Wow at the prices QVC charge for diamond rings

They have something on now for £999.99 which I estimate would be £399.99 on gems and maybe even £249.99 on TJC

Like anything the glitzy presentation obviously costs but I wonder how many of the people buying these have ever even looked at either other channel
I have always thought QVC's jewellery prices were OTT, especially diamonds and now the very very expensive lab grown diamonds

We have Alan, claiming him and Ellie use the Williams on their car cause it so amazing, which is either a lie or he lied during the Renault waterless wax show, a month or so ago, when he said they use the Renault on their car as it contains Hydrolex ceramic sealer for extra protection, which Williams doesn't. :rolleyes:

Shaun and his world exclusive. :rolleyes:

I think having them in stock a week before other's isn't really an exclusive. If you were the only folks selling them fine, but you're not, the other distributors are taking orders and expecting their stock in at the end of the week.
Each to their own but I've never really got all the excitement around being the 'first' to own something. I'll buy when I want to buy and if hundreds/thousands own the item before me, I couldn't care less. And as you say, when it's something pretty pathetic like x weeks before other suppliers will have them, so what. I suppose I get the rationale if you're aiming to get one of the first numbers in a limited edition or first edition print of a book, but can that even be guaranteed just cause you're first through the physical/virtual door. I doubt it. As you can tell, I'm full of Christmas cheer :)

Right I'll say goodbye for now, I'm away to set up my temporary camp outside Curry's. The new yBox is on sale 20th December and I want to be the first in my county to own one because I'm a sad b.....

Each to their own but I've never really got all the excitement around being the 'first' to own something. I'll buy when I want to buy and if hundreds/thousands own the item before me, I couldn't care less. And as you say, when it's something pretty pathetic like x weeks before other suppliers will have them, so what. I suppose I get the rationale if you're aiming to get one of the first numbers in a limited edition or first edition print of a book, but can that even be guaranteed just cause you're first through the physical/virtual door. I doubt it. As you can tell, I'm full of Christmas cheer :)

Right I'll say goodbye for now, I'm away to set up my temporary camp outside Curry's. The new yBox is on sale 20th December and I want to be the first in my county to own one because I'm a sad b.....

Actually when it comes to watches, it's usually better waiting rather than being first in line, ok one or two situations where that isn't always the best, but that is usually dealing with say certain luxury watches where the price will most likely increase rather than decrease over time and very limited editions of certain watches from certain brands.
If we take last nights Vostok Europe watches or even other VE watches, although limited editions, they are not that limited in numbers, they will be made in the same numbers as their other ranges, like the Energia, Almaz etc, so will be available for a good few years to come. Now while the price last night may be the lowest IW might sell it, there will be, and that is a definite there will be, opportunities to buy these watches at lower prices even as soon as next year, either from other distributors offering better deals or folks selling either new or second hand on ebay.

Somebody mentioned it a while back but....

Flicked on gems this morning (hard to do) between 7.50 and 8.22 am they sold a grand total of NOTHING

Not because nobody was watching because they didn't sell anything, adverts reading a long line of text about the latest gem that will go up in value e.t.c

I really don't get how they make the channel work I flick over a few times a month and I have seen these slides loads the regulars must be sick of them.

Somebody mentioned it a while back but....

Flicked on gems this morning (hard to do) between 7.50 and 8.22 am they sold a grand total of NOTHING

Not because nobody was watching because they didn't sell anything, adverts reading a long line of text about the latest gem that will go up in value e.t.c

I really don't get how they make the channel work I flick over a few times a month and I have seen these slides loads the regulars must be sick of them.
They are also now selling make up, face creams etc, not what you would expect from a channel called Gemporia

I know Shaun isn't the only one guilty of this, but really, when you are on TV trying to sell stuff to people you shouldn't ever need to preface a sentence with "this is the truth"

Everything that comes out of your mouth while representing that company and doing your job should be the truth!

Latest posts

Back