Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know Shaun isn't the only one guilty of this, but really, when you are on TV trying to sell stuff to people you shouldn't ever need to preface a sentence with "this is the truth"

Everything that comes out of your mouth while representing that company and doing your job should be the truth!
It reminds me of 'I'm not racist but ...'

Yeah they're bad for it e.g. Peter S 'look I'll be honest with you here ...'

Aren't you always?!?

Alex the new expert is growing on me, he seems a lot more settled and comes across as a genuine bloke

I would not be amazed if he ends up presenting come the spring

Oh it's Mason and his GX pillow story, had it six months and having best nights sleep he's ever had, he wasn't having the best night sleeps before getting the GX. And he's not saying that for effect, he stands by what he's saying.

Which would be great if it wasn't for the fact that he also has a a very similar story, which kinda contradicts his GX story, for the Dormeo mattress he's had for the last, think it was 5/6 years he said, and he wasn't saying that for effect either. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Wonder where the Compliance officers, that Den keeps rabbiting on about are, who make sure the presenters are only stating factual information, must be on a permanent holiday.

Alex the new expert is growing on me, he seems a lot more settled and comes across as a genuine bloke

I would not be amazed if he ends up presenting come the spring

Probably due to his main job (Senior Consultant at an Executive Recruitment Firm), which makes him come across in a more professional manner, but the only trouble is no matter how professional he sounds, he still reading from script and spouting the same rubbish as the other pretendy experts.

Oh it's Mason and his GX pillow story, had it six months and having best nights sleep he's ever had, he wasn't having the best night sleeps before getting the GX. And he's not saying that for effect, he stands by what he's saying.

Which would be great if it wasn't for the fact that he also has a a very similar story, which kinda contradicts his GX story, for the Dormeo mattress he's had for the last, think it was 5/6 years he said, and he wasn't saying that for effect either. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Wonder where the Compliance officers, that Den keeps rabbiting on about are, who make sure the presenters are only stating factual information, must be on a permanent holiday.
Meltdown Mike tells the same story about multiple products, often stating 'this has been a game changer for me !'
If it's a woman's product he'll say it's been a game changer for his missus.
The presenters must be happy in their work -they are there year after year, and their fervour never diminishes.
The one who says his name is Shaun Bytheway is always incredibly excited and they all go through the motions with unwavering commitment.

Mike “bastion of Integrity” Mason - “I know you might think I’m over egging the pudding, being a presenter here at IW there must be something in it for me, there absolutely isn’t.

I gain nothing from anything sold on this channel, whether lots sell on the show or nothing sells on the show, I’m purely here as a conduit of information, I tell you the abc’s of something and how to get your hands on them. But because I have these pillows and they’ve made such a difference to me as an individual, I can speak from a very true and honest perspective as to what a difference they’ve made in my life.”

My thoughts on bold parts in order.

1.Yeah, you 100% do

2.Yes there is.

3.Rubbish

4.Yes you do, a Job and a financial payment, if you don’t sell no job and no money. You may think you're just some on screen personality acting as a conduit of information, but in reality you're just a glorified salesperson, who's job and wage is dependent on IW being successful in selling products, if they don't then they are in trouble and so are you.

5.You misspoke, that’s should be "conduit of MISinformation"

6.That fact you need to proclaim you speak from a true and honest perspective, really does casts doubt on whether you actually do.

Meltdown Mike tells the same story about multiple products, often stating 'this has been a game changer for me !'
If it's a woman's product he'll say it's been a game changer for his missus.
The presenters must be happy in their work -they are there year after year, and their fervour never diminishes.
The one who says his name is Shaun Bytheway is always incredibly excited and they all go through the motions with unwavering commitment.

Yeah he gets caught out with the Goddess story and Elizabeth Grant, she's put nothing else on her skin for over 5 years. Yet at the end of last year, he was telling us how excited the Goddess was, that IW had Nurish London back in stock as she wanted more of their moisturiser.

Everything is amazing, incredible, wonderful to Shaun and his mam. :ROFLMAO:

Aye Mike, you're just a conduit of information, giving a true and honest perspective of products.

"Where are you now £500/£600." :ROFLMAO:

"You may think you have the phone you need, I think we've got the phone you truly want and will only desire."

Yeah, until you're selling Iphones as EVERYBODY wants, owns and adores them. :rolleyes:

It's maybe not the best analogy, however from a marketing perspective it reminds me of the (Daz?) ads that used to be on tv with the strapline 'now getting your whites even whiter than white!' or whatever it was. They sprung up ever x months with a 'new improved formula' and I used to think just how often can you make something 'even whiter', unless it was closer to black at the beginning of course!

How often can your sleep be improved unless of course you're sleeping absolutely horribly beforehand. And as we touched on before these presenters surely can't be in that position as they have access to numerous 'state of the art' and 'filled with technology' mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows.

And given they're always 100% truthful with their stories, don't tell me they're making stuff up to shift units cause I simply won't believe you!

Aye Mike, you're just a conduit of information, giving a true and honest perspective of products.

"Where are you now £500/£600." :ROFLMAO:

"You may think you have the phone you need, I think we've got the phone you truly want and will only desire."

Yeah, until you're selling Iphones as EVERYBODY wants, owns and adores them. :rolleyes:
lol at his STUPID 'feature/component price calculator' analogy.

To apportion completely arbitrary values to individual smartphone components and features is THEE MOST STUPID sales technique I can think of, unless as a consumer you fall into the gullible category.

And this car comes with a steering wheel. What's it worth to you to be able to steer, £5k?
It also has an engine, what's it worth to you that the car moves, £10k?
Oh yeah and it has seats, what's that worth to you, another £5k?
Windows to keep you cosy, worth £6k?
Brakes to keep you safe, worth £15k?

etc etc.

I've just put my big oven on to do some batch cooking. I don't use it often but I thought I'd note the time it took to heat up, after hearing Sally the other day quoting 25 minutes. 25 minutes????

Mine took 5.
Whoa!!!!!! Are you trying to suggest they exaggerate one way or the other to shift units?!? How very dare you ;)

Ovens can take anywhere between 5 mins (fast preheat) to an average preheat time of 15 mins and it's dropping all the time as technology improves.

Im waiting for the day when Peter V sticks his probe in a oven to test it.

Ooh Matron
If IW happen to feature kitchens in years to come, and let's assume said kitchens come with built-in appliances, I wonder if they'll say 'but don't bother using the chest level double oven offered with this state of the art kitchen, they're rubbish at pre-heating, just use the £99.99 tabletop oven we're selling on our website.'

Mmmmm, I wonder ...

With Pervy pete watching on in ecstasy.

Probably on ecstasy too.
He's gross. A few nights back he was selling whatever but stopped mid sentence, pushed his jacket aside, put his fingers down his trousers and pulled up his underwear, I kid you not. It was to show he was wearing Calvin Klein stuff. His belly was exposed and hanging over, one or two 'professionals' behind the camera started giggling which of course just encouraged him to start gurning, saying 'now you stop it you two, just stop it!' etc etc.

Hideous presenter, bargain basement feel to the channel as always.

Latest posts

Back