Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Earnshaw Westminster with the jumping seconds hand is on again 😂 quality control failed yet again 🤔

You beat me this time. (y):ROFLMAO:

As most of these Earnshaw watches have hands that are hard to see against the skeleton background, any jumping/sticking by hands under normal conditions will be extremely hard to see or notice, we're fortunate that they are blown up by the camera, but for someone who is a collector of Earnshaw watches then they probably wouldn't care anyway. If they're collecting Earnshaw, then obviously quality control isn't uppermost in their mind when purchasing. ;)

Turning off, can't stand these two together, I'll probably through something at the TV when they start on with the "Swiss Made" Swiss Eagle, nae in teh mood for their lies.

turned back for a few minutes just to check on the iphone after last night. ;)

That iphone has some specs Mike, but it's £300 and we don't need it and don't need to spend that, you said last night the cheap Alacatel at £60 was all the phone we need and would want. ;):)

Ok time to switch off again, actually nothing against iphones, but can't stand the Apple fanboy club.

You beat me this time. (y):ROFLMAO:

As most of these Earnshaw watches have hands that are hard to see against the skeleton background, any jumping/sticking by hands under normal conditions will be extremely hard to see or notice, we're fortunate that they are blown up by the camera, but for someone who is a collector of Earnshaw watches then they probably wouldn't care anyway. If they're collecting Earnshaw, then obviously quality control isn't uppermost in their mind when purchasing. ;)

Turning off, can't stand these two together, I'll probably through something at the TV when they start on with the "Swiss Made" Swiss Eagle, nae in teh mood for their lies.
Yeah, I'd love a watch that I'd struggle to read the time on. Talk about design over substance with a lot of these watches ...

I've just bought a Skagen because the dial is so easy to read - - - -

Skagen Grenen SKW6461_main.jpg

I've just bought a Skagen because the dial is so easy to read - - - -

View attachment 20128
Yeah I've got one although no longer wear after battery expired. Like the simple uncluttered lines, can't be doing with 'busy' watches. Who needs to know the time in Estonia when diving to 200 metres off the coast of Scotland, not me :)

Peter Andre's on TJC selling 'Reverse Life' ...

I could be wrong (maybe viewing/sales numbers are just as good on the likes of TJC) however I often wonder if the companies will pitch to QVC first in the hope of getting on there, then if it's a 'no' they approach IW, TJC etc.

What is this current trend of IW presenters telling us that this product is the kind you would expect a certain celebrity to wear/use? I first heard it with Sally imagining aloud that Kate Middleton (multi-millionairess, future queen of England) would wear something similar to some shite coat they were flogging. Then the other night on some watch show Peter Pervs started loudly shouting that this next watch would be worn by Stormzy, Beyonce's husband (Jay Z), and Kanye West. Given his previous record on race relations I think he was just naming any black man he'd heard of. I'm surprised he didn't throw Charlie Williams and Kenny Lynch in there as well. But I digress....
I remember about 15 years ago when Mike Saint was demonstrating the Bamix and it had a picture of Gordon Ramsay on the box with his signature but they still weren't allowed to name him as a user or ambassador of the product. They would just refer to "a famous chef" while the camera zoomed in on the box with Gordon's face on it. Now either the rules have slackened off a lot, or these standards and practices guys that Dee-knees keeps telling us about are seriously out of their depth. Using a person's name to plug your product when that person hasn't given permission or even used the product is surely a breach of broadcasting rules. So why is nobody at IW stepping in to put a stop to this? It's almost as if they were happy that the consumer was misled.

What is this current trend of IW presenters telling us that this product is the kind you would expect a certain celebrity to wear/use? I first heard it with Sally imagining aloud that Kate Middleton (multi-millionairess, future queen of England) would wear something similar to some shite coat they were flogging. Then the other night on some watch show Peter Pervs started loudly shouting that this next watch would be worn by Stormzy, Beyonce's husband (Jay Z), and Kanye West. Given his previous record on race relations I think he was just naming any black man he'd heard of. I'm surprised he didn't throw Charlie Williams and Kenny Lynch in there as well. But I digress....
I remember about 15 years ago when Mike Saint was demonstrating the Bamix and it had a picture of Gordon Ramsay on the box with his signature but they still weren't allowed to name him as a user or ambassador of the product. They would just refer to "a famous chef" while the camera zoomed in on the box with Gordon's face on it. Now either the rules have slackened off a lot, or these standards and practices guys that Dee-knees keeps telling us about are seriously out of their depth. Using a person's name to plug your product when that person hasn't given permission or even used the product is surely a breach of broadcasting rules. So why is nobody at IW stepping in to put a stop to this? It's almost as if they were happy that the consumer was misled.
Used to love Mike Saints demos the guy would do all demos madly, hense why he was often called Mad Mike Saint.

The Bamix demos are still the same as the ones done by Mike.

The whole Kate would wear this and Stormzy would wear that, is just to attract those who are gullable and believe in all the tripe. I guess the presenters are only doing there job.

Peter Andre's on TJC selling 'Reverse Life' ...

I could be wrong (maybe viewing/sales numbers are just as good on the likes of TJC) however I often wonder if the companies will pitch to QVC first in the hope of getting on there, then if it's a 'no' they approach IW, TJC etc.
Ooo I missed Peter Andre!

I think QVC would be most company's No.1. A lot end up on there after pitching at IW ie M Assam, to name just one.

I agree with you 100%, however as touched on by Jazzydrury, it's beause they know that sales technique does work on a lot of people. Even putting aside look-a-like products, the same principle holds true for genuine products e.g. 'oh that's the same Rolex that Daniel Craig was wearing at the Oscars!!!'

WHO CARES?!?

Those type of people do. Was watching a tv prog recently about Poundland. They do clothing ranges and, at their own admission, sometimes sale close to the wind with how much their look-a-like products resemble the real deal. They were about to launch a range that looked very similar to Dior, however their top cost something like £5.99 compared to £599 :)

Why anyone would want a look-a-like product specifically because the real deal is worn by a celeb goodness only knows, to buy into the image etc etc yeah whatever. I'm sure as you park up beside B&M in your 15 year old Ford Focus, people are going to believe you're wearing a genuine tier one product ... not ;)

Ooo I missed Peter Andre!

I think QVC would be most company's No.1. A lot end up on there after pitching at IW ie M Assam, to name just one.
Peter is a great guy believe it or not

A family member used to work very closely with him and he is the most humble guy in "celebrity" or whatever he is classed as, no ego met him a few times

Came across well today is a good "get" for any brand has a very loyal fanbase

I agree with you 100%, however as touched on by Jazzydrury, it's beause they know that sales technique does work on a lot of people. Even putting aside look-a-like products, the same principle holds true for genuine products e.g. 'oh that's the same Rolex that Daniel Craig was wearing at the Oscars!!!'

WHO CARES?!?

Those type of people do. Was watching a tv prog recently about Poundland. They do clothing ranges and, at their own admission, sometimes sale close to the wind with how much their look-a-like products resemble the real deal. They were about to launch a range that looked very similar to Dior, however their top cost something like £5.99 compared to £599 :)

Why anyone would want a look-a-like product specifically because the real deal is worn by a celeb goodness only knows, to buy into the image etc etc yeah whatever. I'm sure as you park up beside B&M in your 15 year old Ford Focus, people are going to believe you're wearing a genuine tier one product ... not ;)

not really a new thing this though is it?

The whole history of advertising and sales is driven by aspiration, I personally don't have an issue with it.

Whether people admit it works on them or not overwhelmingly it does work

Poundland are not doing to badly!!

Latest posts

Back