Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Had a Constantin Weisz a few years ago in rose gold, rubber onion crown, 3 sub dial chrono, day/night. Couldn't read the day/date on the sub dials so moved it on. Actually made a profit :cool: Went to a chap in Scotland

Varney voice over on the VT - "German watchmaking at it's best"

Yeah, German watchmaking in the heart of China. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and now miss Gerrards mentions the Saxon region.:ROFLMAO:

There's a lot of Great watch brands in the Saxon region, ie in Glashütte, like Glashütte, Nomos, A.Lange & Söhne, Moritz Grossmann, Tutima, Wempe Glashütte and Bruno Söhnle, but PortaS and their Chinese watches are most definitely not one of them.

You have to laugh as she spouts on about the great German watchmaking region of Saxony and every time they show the back of the watches they show off their Chinese movements in all their glory. :ROFLMAO:

They really do think watch collectors are ******* idiots.:rolleyes:

Oh now it's Tourbillon watch, £2000 normally Varney says. Yeah they can be that or even a lot, lot higher, but if it's from China they can also be had a lot, lot cheaper there. ;)

Ok had enough, off to some Fringe for the umpteenth time. :ROFLMAO:

Reg during the kitchen sale hour, wasn’t only going woop woop. But he was carrying a bit of card with sale on it, and waving it around.

I noticed some of the kitchen items which were on air last week, suddenly become sale

You can still get the EXA Craptop for Christmas
Dennnniiiiisssssseeeeeeeee saying 'this will do whatever you need it to ...'

eh, no it won't. And it's that sort of GUFF that really annoys me. Granny sitting watching, wants to buy her grandson a laptop, listens to stuff like that, buys it ... result? Disappointed grandson.

Soon as it started with Reg doing his stupid siren whoo whoo I thought I'd turn off. But as there's nowt on telly, I'll stick with it :rolleyes:
He doesn't need IW tbh so he mucks about. How do I know this? I checked out some of his YouTube videos. They're getting in excess of 5 views (but not quite 10) in a year, so he'll be raking it in on YouTube payments ...

Varney voice over on the VT - "German watchmaking at it's best"

Yeah, German watchmaking in the heart of China. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and now miss Gerrards mentions the Saxon region.:ROFLMAO:

There's a lot of Great watch brands in the Saxon region, ie in Glashütte, like Glashütte, Nomos, A.Lange & Söhne, Moritz Grossmann, Tutima, Wempe Glashütte and Bruno Söhnle, but PortaS and their Chinese watches are most definitely not one of them.
When I was watching them flog the PortaS watches last night (one or two of them didn't look too bad but they're overpriced and on Ideal World, so no thank you), they mentioned "near the Swiss border" at least twice as if that's somehow impressive. France, Italy and Lichtenstein also have areas near the Swiss border so I expect Switzerland is also world-renowned for its pizza and pasta (y)

When I was watching them flog the PortaS watches last night (one or two of them didn't look too bad but they're overpriced and on Ideal World, so no thank you), they mentioned "near the Swiss border" at least twice as if that's somehow impressive. France, Italy and Lichtenstein also have areas near the Swiss border so I expect Switzerland is also world-renowned for its pizza and pasta (y)
ANYTHING they can do to squeeze the word 'Swiss' in they will.

These watches are made in Estonia, only 2,300km from Switzerland, sharing many of the same values when it comes to build quality ...

Interesting article I’m guessing the presenter was Jess Woods, she is the only young presenter, Thank God it wasn’t Pervy Pete in his gurning, sweaty old tshirt. Love how he makes Tim out to be some Marshon.

Not sure any viewers Would have creepy thoughts about any of the female presenters.

I wonder who chooses which items to put on at Midnight, why Fitness

Interesting article I’m guessing the presenter was Jess Woods, she is the only young presenter, Thank God it wasn’t Pervy Pete in his gurning, sweaty old tshirt. Love how he makes Tim out to be some Marshon.

Not sure any viewers Would have creepy thoughts about any of the female presenters.

I wonder who chooses which items to put on at Midnight, why Fitness
Although it's a generalisation, part of what the article's driving at is a late night / early morning audience is, how can I say this, probably not comprised of viewers that watch during the day. It's how the late night gambling shows used to do so well, 1/2 the folk playing and phoning in had evidently had a tipple or two ;)

Imagine waking up the next day and remembering you've spent a grand on a signed photo of a celeb you don't even particularly like :)

what a bitter article that is all over the place at best

Oh, they are encouraging emails now :) rest of the year don't bother but we need content now so come on down

You need to do it regularly ideal not just when it suits

Latest posts

Back