Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know we often Slag off what IW sell.

Today we received the Polti Vac we ordered at the weekend, it done as good a job as a Shark Vac dad bought like 2 months ago what Dad hates

I don't think we are really slagging off the products as such, it's more the presenters and what they claim about the products. As i've said a few times about their watches, ok one or two that don't work properly get slagged, a few are very good, but most of them are ok, but they are just not luxury future heirlooms at bargain prices as the presenters and guests would have us believe and they also give a lot of false information regarding the brands in an attempt to deceive potential buyers.
A lot of the products on IW are ok, same products as you can buy on Amazon and elsewhere, sometimes their prices are very good, but they have one big drawback, the presenters and pretendy experts.

See we have a pretendy expert in place of Grant tonight.

Peter V - "the piece of mind of a closed shop, as i say because Apple provide the software they control what goes in and what has access, and they can make sure, in fact there is no anti viral software available for apple products because no viruses can survive in an iOS software."

This is why actors shouldn't be pretending to be experts.

Although it's rare, viruses can get onto Apple devices. Apple do control a lot of the stuff that goes onto their devices, but they can't control what an everyday user might inadvertently put on their device, from their emails or being connected to unsecured wifi networks etc.
I suppose Apple are a bit lucky in that with their devices being in the minority, hackers, virus makers etc tend to concentrate making hassle for Android and Window users, most Business, Government, NHS, Education systems etc, etc are all Windows based.

Peter V when referring to the iPhone 'that's why most people choose the iPhone'

Emmm ...

Mobile Operating System Market Share Worldwide | StatCounter Global Stats

Although for some strange reason, the UK is one of the few countries where Apple iPhones do better and are very close to android in sales, but we're only a tiny spec in the Global market.

Along with your mobile figures and this one for PC's then you can see why those lovely computer nerds that spend their time creating viruses etc don't bother too much with apple devices.

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/desktop/worldwide

They don’t investigate do they

Oh i believe they do, remember when Peter V was selling the willyfox and he came out with it's sales stat on Amazon, although he was a couple of years out of date with the stats, but the stats were correct when it first launched in the UK and before Willeyfox did a deal with STK when they went into liquidation, just not up todate when Peter was selling them. So there must have been a wee bit of research for that info.

I think when they do research, but if it's contrary to their planned sales pitch it is either not mentioned or they give a totally different story to the truth. They are a real deceitful bunch and given most of the product they sell are decent then there is no need for it.

Heck, I've given them FACTUAL information by email, regarding certain watch brands during and after their shows where they given totally false information on the brands and watches, and that false information was also given credence by their watch guests/experts who work in the Industry so would know the information that was being given in the show was wrong. They have totally ignored me on every occasion, the only time they have listened is after ASA is involved.

Heck, I've given them FACTUAL information by email, regarding certain watch brands during and after their shows where they given totally false information on the brands and watches, and that false information was also given credence by their watch guests/experts who work in the Industry so would know the information that was being given in the show was wrong. They have totally ignored me on every occasion, the only time they have listened is after ASA is involved.
This made me lol. Don't take it personally, even though they've probably got the name 'Hammy' printed off and attached to the staff room dart board :) oops sorry I mean :(

And just to correct you slightly, always remember Peter S is exempt from all this, he 'tells it as it is' so he does ;)

Latest posts

Back