Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This demonstrates how much utter GUFF they spout. So, he bleats on year in year out about having problems sleeping, having aches and pains as he gets older, sore back etc etc, and we're supposed to believe he still sleeps on a horrible old mattress.

Yeah okaaaaaaay Peter, whatever you say.

with a old fashion broken down central heating system. ;)

Merry Xmas & A Happy New Year to All.
1608807955411.png

Last edited:
And even if you don't need one, just buy it. :ROFLMAO:
It has to rate as one of thee most stupid selling techniques. Yeah I get why he does it, suggesting the price is so low the viewer should just buy, but as you say why would you if you already own one or something similar.

Oh look, Ford has reduced the price of that Focus from £25k to £18k. Strictly speaking I don't need a new car, however that deal is so good I need to just buy it.

It has to rate as one of thee most stupid selling techniques. Yeah I get why he does it, suggesting the price is so low the viewer should just buy, but as you say why would you if you already own one or something similar.

Oh look, Ford has reduced the price of that Focus from £25k to £18k. Strictly speaking I don't need a new car, however that deal is so good I need to just buy it.

I can see the point when it sort of consumable stuff at a bargain price, although you won't be using right now, you know you will do in a few weeks, but a mattress, might be years before you actually need one and you have to store this thing, and something they never mention on IW is, you can't store these mattresses rolled up in their packaging for more than a few months because the foam won't reflate properly being compressed for so long, so you'd have to store it at it's full size.

Happy Christmas to all the regulars on this wonderful thread.

I know we mock the channels and the presenters a lot, but it’s not with hate, we know they are just doing there job, they are there to sell us stuff, with a few exceptions, you just know Ray from Mulberry Silk is like what we see.

I suffer from Mental Health issues big time and coming on here daily has given me escapism from what has been the worst year ever. In a strange way Ideal World and Create and Craft have helped, as you normally get a laugh, even though it’s not meant.

Your comments have helped.

Watched the 3:45 show with Jess with Dormeo.

It had Alex Knowles the Toy Expert suddenly being discribed as Bedding Expert.

Surely viewers must think err wait a minute isnt he a Toy Expert.

On Create and Craft earlier, they had Dawn Wheeler one of three Craft Guests filling in as a presenter at last minute. Next show Andy Love said, it’s the first time we have had a Guest filling in as a presenter.

I thought on IW it happens all the time. That’s the end of the live stuff till Saturday.

I love a bit of rare irony displayed by any shopping television presenter, however unintentionally or not. But when the guy who looks like Shrek in a Burtons suit on hire purchase tells the fellow selling cordless vacuums that he isn't aesthetically pleasing, you have to doubly advise people standing in Pick of the Day very flimsy and fragile greenhouses not to throw rocks.

Jess (repeating something that other IW presenters often say) - "Sleep isn't a treat, it's a neccesity, your body only needs three things to survive, believe it or not only three, food, water & sleep."

Who every writes the script for the presenters must be thick as mince, but even more confusing is why the presenters don't say, hey this is wrong.

But as to the three, if we don't have oxygen first, we ain't going to be worrying about eating, sleeping and drinking.

Oh god Peter V is the mattress expert tonight, they're really taking the piss now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jess (repeating something that other IW presenters often say) - "Sleep isn't a treat, it's a neccesity, your body only needs three things to survive, believe it or not only three, food, water & sleep."

Who every writes the script for the presenters must be thick as mince, but even more confusing is why the presenters don't say, hey this is wrong.

But as to the three, if we don't have oxygen first, we ain't going to be worrying about eating, sleeping and drinking.

Oh god Peter V is the mattress expert tonight, they're really taking the piss now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes I think IW and Create and Craft used whatever presenters and experts who were willing to work yesterday.

Craft Expert Dawn Wheeler ended up doing 10 shows yesterday

Dormeo with Hayley and Creepy this morning, wonder if they both have a Dormeo and do ooh ooh oohing on it.

Seriously they must have bought a warehouse full of them, noticed at 10:30 tonight, we get a 90 minute special.

Wait a minute they have said before they sleep on a Emma Matress, now The Dormeo is the best.

They have two according to what they've said.

The first one would have been free, which creepy got to test before the Emma first appeared on IW, then they've said they've bought one for where they stay when they are down working on IW, must have a second home, maybe rented or something.

Creepy lying about the compost again, this is a lie they make every time it's on - "you can't normally buy it, it's normally for the nurseries only, we have it direct from the nursery."

Yes you can, you can buy it direct from the same place IW get it.

They have two according to what they've said.

The first one would have been free, which creepy got to test before the Emma first appeared on IW, then they've said they've bought one for where they stay when they are down working on IW, must have a second home, maybe rented or something.
Or maybe they're just talking complete and utter bollocks? Jokes aside I'm inclined to believe very little about the stuff they say they've bought for themselves and family. Yeah some of it's no doubt true, but only some I reckon.

:)

Do any of you remember the Billy Connolly sketch (An Audience With ...) where he talks about the patronising way in which tv presents the weather to us, treating us like kids. Ends with him referring to the picture board of the UK they used, sticking pictures of lighting, sun and clouds here and there. 'JUST TELL ME WHAT THE WEATHER IS, I KNOW WHAT A CLOUD LOOKS LIKE, I'LL UNDERSTAND!!!'

These selly telly presenters are the modern equivalent of this. I don't need a z list presenter telling me what the body does or doesn't need to survive. Sleep isn't a treat? Oh really? No sh1t sherlock. Just sell the friggin' mattress and leave the pseudoscience alone. We're not idiots.

p.s. It can be asserted we also need sunlight to survive, as this remains a predominant energy source for food that's grown for human consumption. Oh yeah, we also need shelter from inclement weather.

I don't even believe Creepy and Savile share a bed in real life. I wouldn't have thought they were each other's type. But anyway here they are on my telly with the Dolmio (as Pervy Pete calls it) saying how much they toss and turn through the night waking each other up and having a disturbed sleep. Must be that shitty Emma mattress that's causing that. Thanks for letting me know which mattress I shouldn't buy. Who says Ideal World isn't informative TV?

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

On Christmas Eve I happened to switch on Ideal World's Ideal Extra channel and they were replaying a presentation that featured something like "Guaranteed delivery by Christmas" displayed on-screen, which was obviously wrong and misleading at this point with no disclaimer message apart from the usual "REPEAT" in small writing in the bottom-right corner.

Anyway, someone must have complained about that or something similar because when I switched on Ideal Extra tonight (December 27) they were now informing us that "Christmas guaranteed delivery does NOT apply", which is quite frankly appalling customer service if Ideal World can't deliver in time for CHRISTMAS 2021 🤣🤣🤣

Ideal Extra 1.png

Latest posts

Back